What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SWC Tub's

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Spam or no?

Spam or no?

Well like I said I have had good results as well with the temps you mention, and I will also concur that when tubs are connected the higher temps seem to cause problems.

Here is a tub with two plants that had the higher temps and no recirc.
picture.php

As you can see there is an UnderCurrent system in the back ground with missing plants that had to be pulled because of rot. Some strains are much more hearty than others, but I think you may be onto something with the recirc causing a problem at high temps.

Here is my thought if you have 8 connected buckets at 84degrees you are going to mix a stew of 8 different potential problems, and the problems can be different and compound each other.

In a single tub you have one environment and therefore should have one dominate issue, which would be easier to address than a soup of 8 problems.

I can tell you however that tubs in basements with 80degrees lights on 70degrees lights out kick some major ass. I personally have NEVER seen root problems because of too low temps.

I think a lot depends on strain, however I still hypothesis you would do much better without a heater or chiller and water temps that move to cooler at night and warmer with lights on.

:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Drop a screen on top of your ladies for stability. Metal fencing with 6" squares available at home depot, suspended by chain from the ceiling works great.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Very intriguing thread Singularity.

This reminds me of some video I watched where the grower used Aquamist systems and kept a heater in the rez to maintain higher temps.

When 70% of the plants outgrew and overtook the remaining 30% and caused them to shrivel and die--he did not run into root problems even after leaving the dead plants in the system for most of the flowering phase.

I'd say there is a lot left to be learned in the world of water culture hydroponics.

Repped and subbed, keep on crushing it.

singularity

heater failed on tub of ele. took me 2 days to figure out why the plants looked like they were starving yet the EC was actually rising and i even had tip burn. accidently moved some air stones, felt the water, ice cold... 68f to be exact. 25 days in... do i start over or keep going?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
keep going! Have you fixed the issue? If not, fix it but don't start it over. These ladies, as beautiful and awesome as they are, are weed....you can fix it and get back in shape real soon. keep up the good work

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Yeah!

What Dubwise said. :D

You'll still have a great harvest if you get another heater fast. That's absolutely amazing! LOL

Stay Safe! :D

Scrogerman

Veteran
68F keep going bro dont quit now, that aint ice cold(maybe to us-id say cool) ive even run NFT @ 68 but usually set my heater to 70/72f. still cant get my head around the temps in your SWC, gonna have to run it myself bro. I only see subtle differences between NFT & SWC(recirc Vs bubble). G'Luck hope ya get the problem solved!

what was your PH doing when ya EC was rising?

Last edited:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Yeah, buy a new heater and get back on the new system. Warmer temps are a lot easier for all of us to achieve than cooler temps. If you prove this out it could be VERY helpful to a lot of growers!

Looks like only the fan leaves are affected and not all leaves! Prune them off now and get the heat in there!
Seen way worse do great crops!

singularity

bump indeed.

sorry for the delay, busy, busy. ok, so i think? i saved the tub of ele, but i did cheat and pump out the rez. i could smell some rot when the heater conked out, figured better play it safe. the newest tub of double dutch, ak47, and serious 6 is doing great so far, aside from lockout from not checking the ph. did i say busy? lol

you may notice the kali mist is absent from the newest pictures. some of the plants were over 6', and yesterday morning upon entering the room several had tipped over. coulda salvaged them but fuck that, not playing that game to get a harvest. i designed this system to AVOID hassles. reset, start over.

going to pop a tub of white russian in their place. another tub of only serious 6 will be in tonight.

G

Guest 114956

any updates mate we need more bud shots!!! :p wanna see how its going

crack-attack

Closer to the sun and far from the moon
ICMag Donor
nice jungle you have there singularity!! i am going to build a small DWC setup and give it a go.. you have inspired me :D

bump it up all day long :-D

Damn my friend.. that is def a nice setup you got rockin there.

I have has successes with HIGH temps like that before, and have also noticed
that when the water temps are on the water side.. the plants LOVE IT. I think
that the SHALLOW style you have... is how you are having great success with
temps in the mid 80s.. which is pretty up there :-D

I believe that those stones on your res are close to the surface of the water, in turn
breaking the surface of the water which is the most efficient way to get
dissolved O2 in your res, that mixed with tiny bubbles...

Nice indeed :-D

cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts