What's new

Swazi Rooi Bart [BagSeed Grow]

B

bringyalungs

how does it compare to the Afropips, seeds of Africa swazi? have you tried these before...

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
I remember back it was the day my brother marriage. i was smoking with my family friends nearly a half ounze the hole day. The taste was like a Cigar & really strong cebral high. it was more black then green. with red hairs...
i don't know the ones from afropips or seeds of african....

mine started to with resine very late... really nice long foxtails and alot of branches if perfect grown, even on hydro no problems :)

Last edited:

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Same Batch:

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Swazi Rooibart from African Seeds is faster maturing and more compact looking. While Swazi Red from Afropips has some more vigourous growth, slighly darker green shiny leaves and later maturing. Buds are very frosty and pungent as well in this strain sourced from Nkomati area.

Both are interesting strains and quite underrated and unknown although in this case, I think Afropips is finer. African seeds strain could be interesting for some fast flowering breeding. I noticed this with the Malawi strain too.

This were grown by a good friend who run them side by side:

African Seeds close to the camera and Afropips behind (there are 2 plants).

afri_2.jpg

African Seeds pale green bud:

afri.jpg

Afropips bud:

IMG_20140910_221442_1858226956.jpg

and close up from one female in my balcony:

picture.php

Vibes.

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Lots of diversity and foreign genetics in Swaziland today. The African seeds version is one of the more oldschool ones. I don't know if the Afropips version is just more inbred towards a stockier phenotype or is actually more mixed but the AS one does look more 'sativa' which is something I always look for.

Here's a documentary by Strainhunters which gives you an idea of the situation, one of their better films imo.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
This is the 2014 Greenhouse Crop from the original Batch.
Currently i got no Seeds anymore and got 1 in 12/12 since a Week. Loved this Stuff! Seems like i must go to Swaziland and refill by Seedstash very soon....
Nice Strain for Scrog, one or two of this Plants will give me stuff for a whole year :)

Last edited:

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
So i will cross my last male with a indica landrace :)

The Swazi takes long time till they sex... nearly a month from flipping....

Rinse

Veteran
Nice thread OakyJoe, Swazi red was the first pure sativa I grew, it was African seeds version outdoor at 52N, I got all females and no herms, one pheno smelt like chocolate/orange, it was mouthwatering, never found another plant with that smell.
They didnt finish at this lat but I got some immature buds that were surprisingly strong.
Would love to try fully ripe Swazi someday!