What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suspicious electricity bills

High Frank O.
I live in Central Europe as well, and the electricity prices suck ass, especially when compared to other countries.
Currently at staggered intervals, I'm running 2 x 600w (MH, HPS), 1 x 400w (MH, HPS), 1 x 125w (CFL), and a couple of ventilation systems. Not a significant amount, however when multiplied by 0.23 Euro Cent per kilowatt, the cost becomes somewhat annoying.
As for concerns with electricity consumption given what you described, don't be. As many suggested, pay your bill on time, and the electric company shouldn't bother you.
A three bedroom apartment/house can be lived in by at least six adults. If each owns a PC (think gaming rigs for high power users), lots of electricity used, not to mention other electrical appliances. IF you were operating 10 or more 1000k lamps, plus the ventilation system and other electrical needs, then I would urge caution.
As for LED's (or Plasma), they work excellent for veg. and when used to supplement HPS during flowering. Many, many various opinions, however HPS is the best for flowering indoors (my personal opinion).
Happy Oily Farming...

Frank.O

i got a 400w solarstorm, still have yet to put to use. sigh.

I was thinking of buying SolarStorm or SolarFlare also but than I saw it cant be used in european electrical outlets with higher voltage.

Latest posts

Latest posts