What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suspect animals invade

hornbostel69

20231118_063027.jpg
20231117_225830.jpg
20231117_225802.jpg

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you if you have already had experience with these spots on the leaves
some say deficiencies, others insect infestation
Can anyone help me?
Thank you

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I think if you show this thread start to your pests they will die of laughter, I know I just did :laughing: (yes I identify as a pest, and your antivirus can't deal with me)

madalasatori

Veteran
Agreed re thrips I use a combo of smoke bombs, Scott’s bug clear, a layer of sharp sand on top of the pots and a ladies tights over bottom of pots. The latter steps prevent them from getting in the medium and hatching. Can’t hurt to regularly spray neem either

Porky lighten up mate and welcome to IC 😁

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
View attachment 18919866 View attachment 18919867 View attachment 18919868

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you if you have already had experience with these spots on the leaves
some say deficiencies, others insect infestation
Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Keep a magnifier and look closely at any spots you see. If you don't see any pests do a pour thru, catch the runoff, and check the pH and EC. If you are using tap water you may need to lower the alkalinity of the water.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What is the difference between spider mites and two-spotted mites?

The two-spotted mite (TSM) is a spider mite
, producing fine silk webbing similar to that produced by spiders. It has piercing mouthparts to feed on the contents of individual leaf cells. As TSM numbers increase, infested leaves exhibit characteristic symptoms of yellow speckling. Google
The two-spotted mite is hard to get rid of.

I Care

Duplicate photo from one of my threads. These little things move fast. Some immediate management… I knocked them off into a cup of water.
Researching solutions and the damage is a match. Also wish to identify the pest.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 10