What's new

Surgeon General issues advisory on marijuana's effects on youth and pregnant women

Gry

Veteran
Our Surgeon General, a reliable spokesperson for Rockefeller medicine.

dddaver

Veteran
You guys seriously think it's perfectly cool for pregnant women to be consuming anything but healthy food and clean water? I don't know what the report says because I didn't watch the video but if they recommended that pregnant women abstain from using drugs then I would have to agree.

You seriously think that is at all what anybody is saying. NO! Of course no-one thinks that. You're missing the point completely.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
My wife and I did all kinds of drugs and LSD and coke when she was pregnant with all our kids and they are fine. Well, little Bobby has this little quirk. Whenever we run the microwave, he pisses himself and forgets who he is for about an hour, But, other than that...

Mr. J

My wife and I did all kinds of drugs and LSD and coke when she was pregnant with all our kids and they are fine. Well, little Bobby has this little quirk. Whenever we run the microwave, he pisses himself and forgets who he is for about an hour, But, other than that...
Get him a hat and line it with a double layer of aluminum foil. That should stop the microwaves from scrambling his brain.

herbgreen

Veteran
This guy is fn' braindead

He put out that marijuana advisory because someone tried to sell his son marijuana

And his brother used marijuana was is recovery then went to a party and ended up taking a pill

He was just on c-span

And then after that shit happened to him the next day he decided he need to put out that advisory

Purely personal and unprofessional total bullshit period

This guy sucks!

Children need marijuana as medicine that have fucking Cancer and Epilepsy and chronic pain

The guy is such a moron People need marijuana for serious problems and it gives real relief

Marijuana is medicine

I sure didnt hear him warn us about how many people are dying from weed ZERO

Marijuana fixes a lot of shit and whatever dangers exist are minimal

They need to start using the concentrates they are so afraid of on opiate addicts and ibogaine the fools!

What is this 1982 !!!!?????

Gry

Veteran
Not sure about a date, but have feelings that are reminiscent of the Nixon era.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The SG is a paid speaker. He does what he is told by the people who pay him...... like all politicians.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The SG is a paid speaker. He does what he is told by the people who pay him...... like all politicians that want to keep the checks coming in.

yup, i agree. why is it that NONE of them have the balls to stand up & speak the truth WHILE they are still in an influential position that could help our cause? chickenshit money-grubbing hypocrites...:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The SG is a paid speaker. He does what he is told by the people who pay him...... like all politicians.

"i must give rep to those not deserving before bestowing any more on Ringodoggie". that aint word for word, but i got the message. if i only agree with about half a dozen or so free-thinkers on here, why must i give rep to anyone else? hmmm...

herbgreen

Veteran
This IS the broadcast from C-span Im talking about...

Its a different one...done a couple days after his 'Parental Advisory'

https://www.c-span.org/video/?463775-4/opioid-epidemic-substance-abuse-conference-panel-1

Anyhow watch this whole thing amazed how freaked out they are about MARIHUANA

oh, its real....revival of reefermadness II

The whole place is packed with recovering people from 'The Oxford House' halfway house treatment center

surgeon general starts @30:00 and @33:00 discusses his process of delivering his 'Advisory'

during questions @ the end a native guy stands up and calls them some of their BS :biggrin:

This guy is fn' braindead

He put out that marijuana advisory because someone tried to sell his son marijuana

And his brother used marijuana was is recovery then went to a party and ended up taking a pill

He was just on c-span

And then after that shit happened to him the next day he decided he need to put out that advisory

Purely personal and unprofessional total bullshit period

This guy sucks!

Children need marijuana as medicine that have fucking Cancer and Epilepsy and chronic pain

The guy is such a moron People need marijuana for serious problems and it gives real relief

Marijuana is medicine

I sure didnt hear him warn us about how many people are dying from weed ZERO

Marijuana fixes a lot of shit and whatever dangers exist are minimal

They need to start using the concentrates they are so afraid of on opiate addicts and ibogaine the fools!

What is this 1982 !!!!?????

iBogart

Veteran
This IS the broadcast from C-span Im talking about...

Its a different one...done a couple days after his 'Parental Advisory'

https://www.c-span.org/video/?463775-4/opioid-epidemic-substance-abuse-conference-panel-1

Anyhow watch this whole thing amazed how freaked out they are about MARIHUANA

oh, its real....revival of reefermadness II

The whole place is packed with recovering people from 'The Oxford House' halfway house treatment center

surgeon general starts @30:00 and @33:00 discusses his process of delivering his 'Advisory'

during questions @ the end a native guy stands up and calls them some of their BS :biggrin:

Full force reefer madness. Now add this hysteria about the vaping illness and the prohibitionists are stocking up on ammo. This fight is far from over.

herbgreen

Veteran
Full force reefer madness. Now add this hysteria about the vaping illness and the prohibitionists are stocking up on ammo. This fight is far from over.

This 'advisory' non-sense came directly on the heels of the vape pen news!

Whatever the problems with vape pens are we dont know but they sure put THC front and center

These people used THC in vape pens!

And really the truth if any is that the power of vape devices for liquids seems to be going up monthly

People are vaping monster clouds mainly of nicotine liquids

huffing that shit all day cannot be totally harmless even if ROHS compliant its a super powerful...blast of who knows what?

No surprise that cannabis is a welcome scapegoat for the tobacco and vape industries even the opioid epidemic

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I fear they are going to use the vape pen deal as a way to make cannabis Schedule II. In other words, only pharmaceutical companies can make it...

PDX Dopesmoker

You guys seriously think it's perfectly cool for pregnant women to be consuming anything but healthy food and clean water? I don't know what the report says because I didn't watch the video but if they recommended that pregnant women abstain from using drugs then I would have to agree.

Your abundance of caution is justified because of a lack of evidence one way or the other that marijuana is harmful to the unborn, however there is nothing like fetal alcohol syndrome that anyone can point out that is caused by marijuana use so the analogy might not hold true. One would assume that after all these years the pediatricians of the world would have noticed that all the hippie babies have some sort of similar medical difficulty if there really were some sort of fetal marijuana syndrome lurking out there in the unknown.
Furthermore, as anecdotal evidence on the topic of youth consumption, I started smoking weed at 12 year old and I turned out fantastic. Nobody ever seems to take serious consideration of the possibility that marijuana enhances a person's physical and metaphysical health, but I think my own evidence is a clear cut case that its a possibility.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What was that HUGE scandal in the early 60's with the prescription drug Thalidomide - that when taken by many thousands of pregnant women produced many thousands of severely
deformed babies - Pregnant women have to be so careful - even with supposedly 'safe' drugs.