What's new

Surgeon General issues advisory on marijuana's effects on youth and pregnant women

Gry

Veteran
More proselytizing at their temple of corporate integrity won't change anything now.

herbgreen

Veteran
This is what's scary...marijuana?

Not meth, heroin, pills..... overdose crisis ignored

Marijuana 4% thc in 1995 yeah, right!

very stupid

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - pregnant women and kids should stay away from most things - 'cept water and milk -

Gambling - prostitution - drugs and winged suit base jumping are definite no-no's - they have to wait till they are either not gestating or adults to engage in those activities -

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I saw this last night on the news and immediately starting going off on a rant to the wife. Lol I was so worked up she asked me “Why are you yelling?!” Hahahaha. Shit pisses me off

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sometimes its good to have a righteous rant - seems to be a very human trait -

I saw this last night on the news and immediately starting going off on a rant to the wife. Lol I was so worked up she asked me “Why are you yelling?!” Hahahaha. Shit pisses me off

dddaver

Veteran
My problem with the Surgeon General came when he said, "One out of five marijuana users become addicted." That's an out and out lye. Psychological addiction or habit, yes. But cannabis is NOT physically addictive. So then how is anybody supposed to believe ANYTHING that asshole states.

I've had issue with that teenage fear mongering bullshit the media got and ran with. NO fucking proof. A small German "study" asked skitzo kids if they ever smoked weed. A lot said yes. No shit? You mean they would have the audacity to try and self-medicate after dealing with a failed healthcare system?

When did data mining become scientific study? I was taught over and over that scientific study is repeatable results with conclusions based on gathered data. Not the other way around.WTF?

Scuse the rant. Just pisses me off.

troutman

Seed Whore
:woohoo:

picture.php

Mr. J

You guys seriously think it's perfectly cool for pregnant women to be consuming anything but healthy food and clean water? I don't know what the report says because I didn't watch the video but if they recommended that pregnant women abstain from using drugs then I would have to agree.

herbgreen

Veteran
This is you brain on drugs^

It either fries your brain or acts as anti-tumoral agent

Anti-tumoral action of cannabinoids on hepatocellular carcinoma: role of AMPK-dependent activation of autophagy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475304

I found that article by typing 'anti-tumoral' into goggle so I could spell it correctly

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm open to the idea that with REAL medical and scientific studies, not everything that will be discovered will be good. But I'm not willing to even digest anything regarding cannabis from this administration, nor any of the prior admins going back to Reagen, when I started paying attn to both politics and pot.