What's new

Surf's multiroom living organic fabric pot soil beds

C

ct guy2

So I got one of those packs cuz I saw it here and thought it sounded good but I had a situation and it ended up sitting in the middle of a 35 gallon barrel on top of 2 cu ft of coco and under 2 more cu ft of coco for a week...just got it into the kiddie pool and it smelled fuckin atrocious, but more or less how it smelled dry. Have you encountered anything like this using the nute pack? Was it ok? How horrible it smells has me thinking it went bad in there but it was pretty horrible dry, too. Gonna brew an OG Biowar root brew right now and give it that but I don't want to transplant into anything that smells like this shit does...Any feedback would be appreciated :tiphat:

Whiteberries,

The reason it smelled so bad is that when you added the nutrient pack, it caused all the microorganisms to start reproducing, which produces heat and depletes oxygen. Without stirring it or getting additional oxygen, the anaerobic organisms took over and outcompeted the aerobic ones, producing those odors you mention. The nutrient pack should have a slight fishy smell prior to using from the fish meal, kelp, crab and fish bone meal. Any ammonia smell though is from the lack of oxygen when mixing. Best thing you could have done would be to turn it over and get more oxygen in there. You probably lost some of the nitrogen to volatilization, but I'm sure the soil will recover if you can just turn it every day or so for the next 4-5 days. If you use the KIS nutrient pack again, I suggest you mix it on a tarp or in a container that has plenty of holes and you can get into to stir the media. Hope that helps.

Surf,

Plants look great! Nice job on the grow!

Latest posts

Latest posts