What's new

Supplying Dispensaries

Zendo

In the process of moving to Seattle. I see there are of course many dispensaries and am wondering what the scene is like for people growing and selling ''overages'' to dispensaries??

I currently live in a medical state, and it is pretty common here, just wondering if it's the same in Seattle.

Thanks in advance,

Z

DankTankUSA

I would also like to know about this. Ever since the introduction of the 15 plant 24 oz definition of "60 day supply" I have had no idea what do with any overages. It is impossible to accurately estimate the yield of 15 plants and inevitably sometimes you end up with more "usable marijuana" than the 24 ounce limit allows for.

This is especially true if you, like most people, have medical cannabis (from a prior grow / accces point / etc) in addition to what will potentially be harvested from the 15 plants because this cannabis also counts towards the limit. The worst time is immediately after harvest because the weight of the wet buds is so much more than when they are dried. This becomes a potential issue because the state's definition of "useable marijuana" is vague enough that a patient could be prosecuted for violating their limit based on the weight of recently harvested cannabis if the cannabis is deemed to be "useable". This has never happened to my knowledge because the law does define usable cannabis as "the dried leaves and flowers, but not the stems, stalks, seeds and roots."WAC 246-75-010(2)(d) So usable cannabis must be dried to some extent but the state gives no further specifications or guidelines. Obviously there is a point where the cannabis is considered to be dried and this point logically corresponds to the amount of water in the cannabis but this point is left undefined. Is cannabis harvested 7 days ago that has been hanging from the ceiling dry? None of us would say it was but who knows what officer joe blow's opinion is on the matter and if the cops say it's usable marijuana you get arrested. I don't like that kind of uncertainty.

More importantly for me though... what am I allowed to do with cannabis that is over my limit? I don't want to be over my limit but I don't know what I am allowed to do with any overages. Can they be donated to a collective garden / access point? Would it be ok to take to a cannabis farmer's market? Other suggestions?

Sorry for the long post, the bubble hash is making me wordy

vapedg13

Veteran
get your card..join the store... they are always looking for good meds but at a low price ....$500-700 QP is the norm

i am amazed at how little they offer up for weed.

the doctor we got our card from said when you harvest to keep the plant whole, as if you cut it up the cops will count every stem as a seperate plant, just fyi

i am amazed at how little they offer up for weed.

the doctor we got our card from said when you harvest to keep the plant whole, as if you cut it up the cops will count every stem as a seperate plant, just fyi

Yup, all the dispensaries are having a price war at the grower's expense. in 3 years the going rate has dropped from 4k down to 2k.:wallbash:

MIway

Veteran
Jezus. Makes ya wanna cut out the dips and do some direct marketin, no?!?

What do they offer top shelf at to the customers?

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Jezus. What do they offer top shelf at to the customers?

First question, WHO's "TOP SHELF"?

What they call "top shelf", we used to call beasters, pretendica, or Canadian import.

What I call Top Shelf. mine,,, - they call "Head Stash" Never to be seen by the folks that need it, strictly for operators and inner circle types. they say that I make it harder for them to sell regular production grade as hy-grade. I say they should step up.

My primes bring close to "good old days" money, or I can find another buyer.

Cream rises.

Jezus. Makes ya wanna cut out the dips and do some direct marketin, no?!?

What do they offer top shelf at to the customers?

Generally, a zip goes for 250. Gram prices vary from 7-12 dollars.

First question, WHO's "TOP SHELF"?

What they call "top shelf", we used to call beasters, pretendica, or Canadian import.

What I call Top Shelf. mine,,, - they call "Head Stash" Never to be seen by the folks that need it, strictly for operators and inner circle types. they say that I make it harder for them to sell regular production grade as hy-grade. I say they should step up.

My primes bring close to "good old days" money, or I can find another buyer.

Cream rises.

I feel the same way, I have only bought maybe 2-3 times where the herb was on par with my own grow. I have sensitive lungs and almost everything I have bought gives me coughing fits. I have grown over 25 strains now so I know it's not strain dependent it's how it's grown.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Bud is much like wine, Dom Perignon and Gallo have a following - and never the two shall meet. Both are geared to their consumer and have no desire to cross marrket.

nuttin wrong with commercial, as long as I don't have to smoke it.

I like having something to make a good pot snob drool. So do some peeps I know.

Just read posts here - growers that drown plants in toxic pesticides, - "for insurance" or early harvests, get more yeild.

Depends on your focus.
Depends on your goals.

Plus I can only have about 60 plants at the max. might as well have really goood ones!!! ;-)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys control the price. If anyone offers you 2k lb just walk.. I know where all hurtin for cash but it will and has only hurt everyone by letting your buds go for that kind of cash. We need to hold out for better prices across the country. I know this will never happen but ya that the way I see it..

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
You guys control the price. If anyone offers you 2k lb just walk.. I know where all hurtin for cash but it will and has only hurt everyone by letting your buds go for that kind of cash. We need to hold out for better prices across the country. I know this will never happen but ya that the way I see it..
Thats exactly the problem with the market...you got these noobs droppin elbows for dirt cheap when cities shut down clubs. They get desperate when they loose their go to guy. Main reason I left the market....i walked the last 2 harvests an just, "helped friends with meds." Way too flooded these days an it will only get worse from what I hear in the club world, with all the closures going down. When you have 10-15 vendors comin in with louie an fire all day at 22-25 an anything thats not OG only gettin around 2.....it becomes a supply and demand issue with too much supply.

Someone needs to come up with legilature for a state ran depo where we take our meds an clubs have to buy from them. They test an set a price bracket so the market can stabilize in a more reasonable fasion. We need to take the market back an this is the only way I see this happening.

Typing with phone sorry if any spelling errors.

Latest posts

Latest posts