What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super skunk DIY Cree Led Grow

alex69nos

Hi everybody i've assembled a cree cbx 3070 and i'm vegging a SS. I'll add another cree led on flowering stage.
I've some problems with some leaf can u give me some advice? :comfort:

Seed: Sensi Seeds Super Skunk
Soil: Bio Bizz Light Mix
Humidifier: Pro Mist 4
Box: 50 x 100 x 150

22 days from sprouting

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 14

Mystic Funk

looks like an overdose and high grow temps to me?

what are you feeding them and how much???
what's your soil ph at???

alex69nos

looks like an overdose and high grow temps to me?

what are you feeding them and how much???
what's your soil ph at???

I fed her only one time for now with 2 mL of Advanced Nutrients Organic Iguana Grow Juice one week ago and then yesterday with only water at pH 6.6

Mystic Funk

check your ph run off or even better do a soil ph test. take one cup of soil from half way down in the pot and put that in two cups of pure water (ph neutral) shake well. let the soil settle down to the bottom. then take some water from the top and ph test that.
that's your true soil ph.

hope this helps good luck!

alex69nos

check your ph run off or even better do a soil ph test. take one cup of soil from half way down in the pot and put that in two cups of pure water (ph neutral) shake well. let the soil settle down to the bottom. then take some water from the top and ph test that.
that's your true soil ph.

hope this helps good luck!

ok i did the tests and the ph is around 7 wht do u think about it?

Mystic Funk

hey alex69nos.

I did some research on that biobizz light mix and it has little to no nutrients. this type of soil needs a full line of liquid nutrients added. and you said you fed them a little nutes two time and nothing before that. so you need to get a complete nutrient schedule going on these girls.

I would start off by feeding them with a complete liquid nutrient like ;(5-5-5) or (10-10-10) or something close. that has a even N-P-K.
start off by feeding them with a 1/4 to 1/2 strength so you don't shock them and try and get your soil ph down to 6.5. more nutrients are available at that range.

and slowly work your way up with the nutes till you hit a sweet spot with that soil.

good luck! hope all goes well!:tiphat:

alex69nos

hey alex69nos.

I did some research on that biobizz light mix and it has little to no nutrients. this type of soil needs a full line of liquid nutrients added. and you said you fed them a little nutes two time and nothing before that. so you need to get a complete nutrient schedule going on these girls.

I would start off by feeding them with a complete liquid nutrient like ;(5-5-5) or (10-10-10) or something close. that has a even N-P-K.
start off by feeding them with a 1/4 to 1/2 strength so you don't shock them and try and get your soil ph down to 6.5. more nutrients are available at that range.

and slowly work your way up with the nutes till you hit a sweet spot with that soil.

good luck! hope all goes well!:tiphat:

5-5-5 or 10-10-10?? it seems a lot...my organic iguana juice is 3-1-3 and i've another fertilizer for vegging which is Hesi Tnt Complex that is 3-2-3..

i'm driving it at 1.4 A and the consumption is about 50 W

how close are they to the tops?

i see from the last picture that your diode is just a few inches from the top of the pant, i also looked at the data sheet for crees CXB3070 chips (the new version of the CXA). they are similar to the vero 29 chips i use. these high power cobs are extremely powerful and it is very easy to cook a plant especially at the distance you have from the tops. i luckily have all mine on individual dimmers and slowly turn them up as the plant matures. i have actually cooked fully matured plants with just one chip per plant at 12 inches away at 3/4 power. knowing how much light yoir giving your plant is one of the biggest learning curves with cobs. it may not seem like much light, but it really is a lot of light getting thrown straight down on that plant. even if the problem is not the intense light itself, by backing it off of a stressed plant will help it recover more quickly. then slowly bring it back down once it recovers fully. Its so easy to fuck up with cobs, but once they are understood and techique is mastered, they can put HID to shame.

Last edited:

alex69nos

how close are they to the tops?

i see from the last picture that your diode is just a few inches from the top of the pant, i also looked at the data sheet for crees CXB3070 chips (the new version of the CXA). they are similar to the vero 29 chips i use. these high power cobs are extremely powerful and it is very easy to cook a plant especially at the distance you have from the tops. i luckily have all mine on individual dimmers and slowly turn them up as the plant matures. i have actually cooked fully matured plants with just one chip per plant at 12 inches away at 3/4 power. knowing how much light yoir giving your plant is one of the biggest learning curves with cobs. it may not seem like much light, but it really is a lot of light getting thrown straight down on that plant. even if the problem is not the intense light itself, by backing it off of a stressed plant will help it recover more quickly. then slowly bring it back down once it recovers fully. Its so easy to fuck up with cobs, but once they are understood and techique is mastered, they can put HID to shame.
yeah I just wrote that as a example use the 3-2-3

take a look now wht do u think?

25 days from germination, 18/6

when do u think i can switch to 12/12?

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12

Mystic Funk

once they show sex at 18/6 is the best time. but I would let them green up a bit anyway.
should be about two weeks? if you get your feeding right.

good luck!

i cant put my finger on the reason why the look like that for sure, but man they sure look funky. you can flip anytime, but i would definitely get to the bottom of the problem here first or you can greatly reduce yeilds. it just dont look like any toxicity or deficiency i am aware of. this could possibly be a micro nutrient deficiency maybe sulfur or someting. like mystic funk said, you want tonmake sure the plant is getting a complete nutrient if its not already.

Mystic Funk

thank you..how much do u think i can pull out if i'll do all properly? :yummy:

it so hard to tell with something like that. I have never run sensi super skunk.

sensi says yield is 125gr. but when they make claims like that there talking about huge plants.

if you get all your problems worked out and you veg them till their at least 2 feet tall. you should hope for two 0z or so per plant.

that's just my opinion. I'm sure people will say different.

what do you think darthcultivator? you ever run super skunk?

ive never done SS before, but a got a few strains under my belt which had skunk phenos. as far as yeild goes, yes it is true that strain has an effect on yield, but i think that a flawless grow and veg time has a much greater influence than anything when trying to maximize yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts