What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze IX-I

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze IX-I
Reservoir Seeds

The seeds were given to me for beta testing. I started 3 seeds indoors and two were sexed female. Both females were cloned and clones were placed in an outdoor guerrilla location about 34 degrees parallel Zone 9. The plants were mixed in with coastal sage scrub with a monastic orchard above. One clone was completely devoured by wildlife and the other was almost untouched. Both were within three feet of one another. Began flowering in early August. At the very end of October, she was harvested (12-13 weeks flower time). First, some pictures from the grow and harvest...

Next, some pictures that I took and edited while experiencing her effects...

You can see from the pictures above that there is a good proportion of amber heads, that it is well matured. It was glass jar aged in the dark for a month prior to sampling.

The bud has a moderate citrus, diesel and earth aroma in the jar. Cutting up the bud, a strong sour tinge with diesel fume and hazey wood note meets the nose. I loaded up a small bowl and vaped a couple of large hits. Mild on the inhale, the exhale is met with a strong earthy sour flavor at first and follows with a delicious incense finish. I wouldn't quite call it 'church' incense but it is complex with perfume and must being the two words that best describe it. It is quite delicious and a bit exotic vs. the sour diesel and strawberry sour diesel I have grown and sampled before. I have no doubt that SSH clone Rez used is quite incense in its own right.

The effects are not immediately felt, but after the second hit, I noticed a distinct hit to my mental state. After 5 minutes, I could definitely say that there was a change in my perception. I also began to feel a body glow in the chest. For the next 15 minutes, these effects continued to grow stronger. My mind was on overdrive and the feeling in my chest felt like a hand gently (and then with more pressure) pressing into my rib cage. I was still able to focus on the activity of taking the cure photos above, but I definitely would not have wanted to do anything require significant mental processing. Colors are definitely enhanced.

After 25 minutes, we have reached our cruising altitude and the pilot has throttled the aircraft back a few notches. This is good, because flying any higher may have brought on a tinge of anxiety. Luckily, this never occurred, but I could see it as a possibility if taken in higher doses. You could take the slightly trippy and edgy effects of sour diesel and ratchet it up a touch, add in the chest body effect and you would have it dialed in. Over the course of the next hour, it is smooth sailing and I am immersed in camera, editing and upload work. I begin to notice a start to the descent about 90 minutes from the initial hit. This goes on for about 45 minutes and then I am left feeling almost normal with only a slight 'after effect'. So, the duration is just over 2 hours and quite an enjoyable ride with minimal couch lock or burnout.

I hope anyone with access may grow and enjoy this delicious strain. From it's beautiful growth and easy manicure to its delicious aroma and exotic flavors completed by its wonderful (mostly sativa) up tempo experience, this one is a real winner. Thanks Rez for the opportunity to beta test (wherever you are). I hope to grow her again...

Ease of Growth: 10/10 (good organic soil with just a few feedings along the way)

Aroma: 8/10 (Sour Diesel predominant with a strong sour nose upon breaking up the bud)

Flavor: 8.5/10 (A little mild for some of the best sour diesel IBL's I've grown, but that incense kick at the end bumps it up a point)

Effects: 8.5/10 (A reasonably strong and long experience; great daytime weed and I would expect it to be good in a dance/music venue as well. Mild let down at the finish)

Cheers,

sweet-emotion

Veteran
nice report, and beautiful buds...I grow outdoors too, and noticed a lot of amber trichomes on my plants, even when they are not fully matured...I think it's because of the extreme sun and heat

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
nice report, and beautiful buds...I grow outdoors too, and noticed a lot of amber trichomes on my plants, even when they are not fully matured...I think it's because of the extreme sun and heat

Thanks for the comments. She got both (sun and heat). Had a few white pistils at harvest, but it was about 90/10. The amount of amber and an imminent rain storm told me it was time to take her down. Flowered from clone as well. From seed, she might have gone another week or two. I liked the little body kiss from the mature glands. She was still plenty up with a nice fade (no burnout).

DRorganic

Veteran
is this the only pheno in your pack of seeds .i want to know because i have a pack .and want to find out about the pheno expressions in a pack. your buds look great and i would want a more sativa look and smoke .more of that fox tail budding effect . like you see on rez ssh crosses.or his sd buds that stacking of the pistillate.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Gotta LOVE that SSSDH, great report man, she looks very like the ojd cut, maybe just a tiny bit more haze dominate.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
is this the only pheno in your pack of seeds .i want to know because i have a pack .and want to find out about the pheno expressions in a pack. your buds look great and i would want a more sativa look and smoke .more of that fox tail budding effect . like you see on rez ssh crosses.or his sd buds that stacking of the pistillate.

Dr. Organic. I sprouted three seeds this past run. 2 were female, but one got completely devoured by critters before there was really any flowering. In short, hard to say what additional phenos these seeds might have. Having grown sativas and sativa leaning plants in the past, I can say that she hits like a high quality sativa with a tinge of indica kick. I've seen some S1 grows and maybe other IX-I's that were a little bit more foxtail than this lady. Good luck in your search!

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Besides SourBubble,BoggleGum and NL5Haze,this is the best strain from beans ive found in a longtime.Theres many others i could list that were real good finds from seed that i will continue to put into rotation,but the ones above, with SSSDH included are kickass finds that would make anyone happy.Thats just me,because i know theres so much out there that people have found in ten packs,but those are My top 4 i have grown in a bit.I loved my BlueMoonshine,so i fkd up and Deff have to add that gem also,lol.Way too too many to think about right now.Lets just say that to me, SSSDH is Rez's best work that i have personnaly grown and smoked,that was deff a winner when he made that there pollen spread on the Deez Mommy i tellya.Great Score and great job also Bro.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed:wave:

cd3d

dsc05190-jpg.18833509

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I make dry sift hash out of my SSSDH. Try it sometime.
SSSDH makes some of the best Hash ever , sssdh is full of large Trichomes waiting to be served.

Some of the best Hash I ever made was from sssdh seed projects cleaning the seeds.

SSSDH Feminized seeds available for anyone interested, come check my page over here

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres a few pics of the Pure Feminized version of SSSDH I offer from seed that my mate just run.
Love the SSSDH, even 15 years later she still 1 of my favourites

20240213_204456.jpg

20240213_204538.jpg
20240213_204522.jpg

SSH x Sour Diesel , 2 of the best combined