What's new

Super Silver Cheesedog in Coco Beds - Recirculating Top Feed - 2K on 6 Plants

praisehim.

Veteran
You need to get enough root mass before attempting to feed continuously. You can definetely over water coco. What your trying is very do-able, but you need to get them big enough to be able to intake so much water.

Han Grolo

Thanks praisehim!
After reading that how to water freshly rooted clones thread, I remembered with my last round that went so good I started them off with just getting watered once a day.
Last night I switched it down from 6 waterings every 4 hours to once when the lights go on. One of my clones was starting to yellow again so I knew all wasn't good.

Han Grolo

And we're off..

And we're off..

Greetings fellow 'maggers. Hope everyone had a great holiday.
The SS Cheesedogs sure have!

My problems on getting the clones to take seemed to be a combination of over watering and too much light.

I run 2 400 watt MH and 2 600 watt HPS in a criss cross pattern.
The plants under the 600 HPS lights seemed to suffer the most, both HPS were turned off.

Also, When filling the trays, I compressed the coco a lot.. This led to the trays holding a lot of water. I have been running the pump manually about once a week as the trays dry out.

The plants are looking a lot happier now. I had two clones that almost died already due to the reasons mentioned prior. I had a clear bin over them for a few days to keep the lumens off them so they could focus on root production. They are a little behind the rest but I think they will catch up.

picture.php

picture.php

And we get a glimpse of what the future holds...the original clone I sexed the mother SS cheesedog with finished at 9 weeks today.
Grown in 1.5 liter of soil, this plant has been extra aromatic and needless to say.. Im looking forward to smoking this shit :)

picture.php

S

snoopytime

Haha very nice man, , , yeah I can see that lustrous look on them now, they are starting to kick it in the ass . .awesome. When everything is in balance it shows in the pics, I can see that 'new life' shine in them now . . good job!

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Interesting thread, I like your innovative approach to irrigation.

Let them gals dry that coco out further and you will get faster root growth.

Coco is forgiving and productive, but ime you have to let it dry out to get the roots to flourish. After the plants are established, you can water all day long.

Now, where is that screen at?

NorcalBob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heck yea, I knew you were going to work it out. They are blasting off now, next stop CheeseDogTopia! How long are you planning on vegging? The mom looks really nice, tell us how she smokes plz Han.

Han Grolo

Ahoy Mateys

Ahoy Mateys

Just wanted to report in that the SS Cheesdog has set sail and is plotting a steady course for greatness.

Been watering about once a week at ~750 ppm.

The two little ones have hung in there and I have turned on the 600's so we are back to full wattage. Its hard to tell by the picture but I pushed a dirt OG Kush plant up by the side of the smallest cheesdog to help keep the screen at a consistent fill for flowering evenly.

The screen has been up for about two weeks now. This is their 5th week vegging, I hope to flip em this week.. heres the pics!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
If you have not done it yet, looks time to FLIP them bitches.

Seriously, that screen was full yesterday.

Han Grolo

Bitches been flipped.. one week in.

Bitches been flipped.. one week in.

Yeah I might of over filled the screen a bit again it seems.
Was a little hard cause I had to wait for the weaklings to catch up.
Here we are at one week of flower.

Some roots got exposed where a spray head runs.. looking healthy.
picture.php

Getting that stretch..
picture.php

Hello my little Ferngully...
picture.php

Thanks for dropping by and the kind words. I'll keep ya posted.

Han Grolo

Holy Stretch!

Holy Stretch!

I will shoot for weekly updates now that we have hit flowering.
Been watering once every three days now. Will try to ramp it up now that the plants are bulkin up.

Two weeks into bloom, the stretch was INSANE this week.
Looks huge compared to last weeks photo.. that's why I do this :)
Thanks for tuning in.

Heres a pic, sorry for the lights..

picture.php

Han Grolo

Thanks for the props everyone.
We are here at three weeks blooming. Been keeping em at 750 ppms and alternating between EWC tea and mycorrhizae charged compost tea. PH'ing down to 5.8 and letting it drift up to 6.2, they get watered now everyday for ~8 minutes to fill the trays.

Stretch is starting to slow down a bit now thank goodness, don't think I've ever seen my hoods so high.

picture.php

The sun rises in cheese land.
picture.php

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice job grolo!
prolly could have flipped em a little earlier tho.
insane stretch, ever consider supercropping during stretch?
pinch them main stems and let the lowers catch up.
either way, they look alot better after you switched it up!!
tagged and :lurk:

Han Grolo

4 weeks into flower

4 weeks into flower

Elky: Thanks bud! The trays hold so much water... been slowly increasing feedings from once a week. I have a self imposed rule in the grow room... "Don't do anything fast". It came to me as a sudden epiphany standing up and whacking the back of my noggin into the corner of a reflector. While certainly applicable to myself physically, it seems to transition well into other aspects of plant growth. Perhaps I will increase to multiple feedings a day, but after my problems from over watering the freshly transplanted clones, Im a little gun shy.

Frank: Thanks for checking out the thread! Ive got a few "best weed Ive ever smoked" comments from your BPP. :) I will have to give supercropping a try next stretch, thanks for the tip!

Its our four weeks of 12/12 update. The tallest branches from the biggest plant started showing a zinc def. PPM's were upped to 1000 and seem to be countering it well. Fed at 1200 today.

The tall arm's of the big plant show almost 40 inches of growth above the screen with the flowering tops measuring 18 inches! Excited to watch them start to grow out now instead of up :)

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts