What's new

Super Lemon Haze (smoke report)

i grew out one plant at 800 ppm and got really good results with no deficiancies but this round i'm pushing these girls atc 1200 and they seem to love it. so we'll see how they finish out at higher ppm's

S

schwagg

@ 26 days, finishes around 65. very oily trichomes and one of the hardest plants to trim.

picture.php

thanks for the smoke report!

chizzleonetime

has anybody got a rare pheno that doesnt smells of lemons but absoutely reeks in same degree as blueberry or cheese dark slightly glossy leaves done in 9 weeks and snowed on in crystals , first seed i popped i got this one! but ilost my mother anyone?

M

m00nchild

^ That sounds sort of like the pheno I have. I don't know if it's the same pheno as yours or whatever, nor do I know how rare it is since I only had the one freebie seed I planted, but it does not smell like lemons. It did in the very beginning, during veg growth, but once it began flowering it took on a musky overripe/rotting fruit of some sort. It's very pleasant! Not a bad smell at all. But I do remember it smelling like lemons back in the very beginning. I harvested at 9 weeks and I don't think it would have benefit much from an extra week. Here is the finished product:

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

It is extremely frosty, and is in fact the most sugar-coated of all strains I've ever grown thus far. It is so sticky that every single bowl I break up with my fingers gets its own little hash snake topping. [edit: lol, you can even see some hash on my fingers in that one shot, and that's just from holding the bud!] The high is very strong.. hard hitting at first, but smooths out soon enough. It is powerful to both the mind and the body. I am still tripping out on how good this bud is, how it has surpassed serious bubblegum as my favorite strain, and how it was just a freebie that I probably never would have grown otherwise.

Did I mention that I freaking LOVE this strain?

:D

ericcalif

Thanks for the post. Moonchild or Westcoast, would either of you comment on nutes you used? I just finished a SLH and found it got ill somewhere in the middle of flower and I never got it dialed in. I got a pretty good case of claw, and I don't know if it was too much N or a combination of things. I'm curious what worked out so well for you guys.
Here's a cola just a day before cutting.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
any one had slh in DWC??
1,6 ec is to much for flower??
last year i had some big bud with 2. ec all the flower..
:tiphat:

nice pics fellas

M

m00nchild

Hey ericcalif, the first time I did a run of this SLH there were a few problems on my end as well... I was having heat problems in my cabinet, and I couldn't get temps down below 90 degrees F. I experienced the claw as well. In my case, I think it was a case of heat stress combined with too much nitrogen. Yes, I do believe that SLH prefers much less N than typical. The first time around, in the heat stress cabinet, I grew them in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, which I believe was just too hot for this strain.

This time around, I took clones from the mother plant, rooted them in jiffy pellets, planted them in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, then immediately threw them into flowering. Ever since I converted my HPS over to a cool tube, the temp has never climbed above 82, so there is no heat stress now. And with the soil not being so hot, I didn't experience the claw this time. Not only that, but the plant actually looks MUCH different than it did during my first round with it.

I never fertilized the plants once. I am serious. I just let the FFHF soil do all the work. Never once did I experience a nute deficiency, either. So i think that SLH is a low-feeder. I am waiting on another run of Satori to finish, but after that, I will be giving SLH another go. Only next time it will be in DWC, with GH flora series nutes.

ericcalif

Hey ericcalif,

I never fertilized the plants once. I am serious. I just let the FFHF soil do all the work. Never once did I experience a nute deficiency, either. So i think that SLH is a low-feeder. I am waiting on another run of Satori to finish, but after that, I will be giving SLH another go. Only next time it will be in DWC, with GH flora series nutes.

Hey Moon, thx for your input. I've done a few runs in FFHF too, I may try your suggestion. I too had some heat issues, (im in a cool tube but not a controlled temp area) so they got some heat for a few days, and some cold near the end. I read one post somewhere where the grower said his SLH took all the nutes he could give her. But most others seem to say that this variety needs very little.
She's just getting going after rooting, I'll take the advice and see if I can dial her in a bit. Thanks!

shoed1

I remember seeing this on G4 TV when they did a special on the cannabis cup and this weed won. I would love to try this strain!