What's new

Super High Me

Well, he seemed stoned to me even when he wasn't smoking... Years of smoking do its stuff I guess :)
But overall, doc was little bit boring, and he is not very good comedian, too many worn out jokes...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I downloaded and watched this one yesterday. You forgot the best part is Bensons take on interviewing Marc Emery. Its classic. Emery comes off as some blathering non-sensical rambling fool. Double painful since Doug has to sit thru it sober the whole time.

Heres that clip from the movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7zhOwcbtU8

dbuzz

Veteran
i watched it, it was okay. i like how they showed the ups and downs of california prop 215

great song at the end of the movie...

"I smoke every weed"

do a google search i smoke every weed

the first link is the artist performing live...

hunt4genetics

Veteran
It's a good Doc.
It's well worth a watch.
watch ever hapen to that wanna be fed,
you know the cop that doesn't respect state law?

C

CheifnBud2

I caught it on youtube in 7 or 8 parts before it got taken off due to copyright or some shit.

Dvd is only like 15 bucks. Pretty funny, some celebrities in there. Navaro, sarah silverman smokin on a vaporizer.

Pretty funny, but the psychics test got pretty boring :rant:

B4O2N0G

Here is a link to this movie,I thought it was pretty good when I saw it.Smoke and enjoy.

Last edited:

Blazed_Out

I saw the movie recently... was quite interesting and had some funny bits.
He looked to me that he is used to being high even after his 30 days of sobriety.

All in all, this is another one for my Cannabis video collection.

B4O2N0G

Last edited:

THISISME

Thanks for all the great reviews guys. Its at Red Box for $ 1.00 at Wally World so I guess I will run it tonight if there is one in the machine.

THISISME

Kinimod

Tony Aroma said:
No, I'm not describing my state of consciousness. I'm talking about the movie that stars stand-up stoner comedian Doug Benson. It's based on the movie Super Size Me by Morgan Spurlock, in which Spurlock eats nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. Except in Super High Me Benson does it with marijuana. First he goes 30 days without smoking, then 30 days smoking constantly. The whole time he is undergoing various physical and psychological tests under a doctor's supervision. It's a mildly entertaining film, and Benson is funny at times. There's also lots of footage of various LA dispensaries and even a few DEA busts of those dispensaries. Scary stuff.

I was disappointed though that Benson didn't make more of the parallel with Spurlock's film. In the Spurlock film he is told by his doctor before the 30 days are up that he should stop eating only fast food as it is having some serious negative health consequences. By comparison, Benson's doctor found no significant differences between his 30 days with and without marijuana. I think he should have made a much bigger deal about that. A nice summary at the end comparing the health risks of legal fast food with the negligible effects of smoking lots of marijuana would have brought the point home. Instead the film just sort of ends.

Regardless, this is a film every stoner should see.

I'm going to see if I can find it online anywhere :( I don't think it's out in Poland.

*edit* I was about to post a link, and then I caught your link LOL, I don't see how it took me a second time to see it. I must be tired.

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah it was real funny. I got super high and lost the goddamn disk. Now I gotta pay netflix.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
friend of mien put me on to it. i had herad about doug benson from teh marijuana logs, but not about this particular documentary.

it was cool, and really trippy, was sad i had nothign to blaze too whiel watchin

but none the less , phenominal documentary, showing the day in the life of a cannabis smoker, whether heavy or light,andi respected the doctors view on cannabis. he want for it, but he put it into a perspective that i can respect.

I thought it was solid.

"I kept walking around looking for my gate at the airport until I realized I was actually at the mall of America..........I wrote that joke today while I was stoned at the mall of America."

O

otherwhitemeat

It was good as far as the Prop 215 stuff, but I am telling you...BENSON DOES NOT INHALE while smoking joints!!!!! I watched him pull a bong hit or two, and he's clearly inhaling with the volcano but he's not inhaling the joints. Watch his cheeks get all puffed out; it's like smoking with the valedictorian in high school....or Bill Clinton.

Watch it again and keep that point in mind and let me know what you think.

Also, if you have Netflix...you can watch it instantly, that's how I caught it last night...

I watched this a few months ago. Me and my friends all noticed he doesn't inhale. It's a good idea, badly done, this video. It shows how people take advantage of the MMJ system in certain states, which can't be good, and shows a lot of MJ activists to be blithering, blathering, angry idiots. Could have been done a lot better. Bring on Bill Bailey. He would be the best to do this type of thing.

Latest posts

Latest posts