What's new

Super-Charge Yor Growing with Aeroponics !!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Pirate- Thanks for the great info. :yeahthats I'm a tech guy and have been leaning towards doing aero for quite some time now. I even built some rubbermaid tub aero units, but this setup you have here definitely tops the rest that I have seen. I am definitely going to do this. Do you foresee any problems with using a 4x4 table with only 4 plants under a 1000w hps? I'm thinking of doing 6 4x4 tables under 6 1000w hps. Any thing I need to know before starting?

I haven't posted here on ic yet, but I had to give you props on this. Keep up the good work.
What up Hound Dog ?? Thanks Man. I appreciate the props.

The only issues I would say to watch for would be

1) Center supports for a 4 x 4 top for sure.........(See mine for a 3 x 3)

2) Use larger pumps for good water flow and make sure your sprayers are getting all sides of the root balls. Just make sure your getting lots of spray in there and you'll be fine.

Go Big or go home !! LOL.

Post up when ya git it goin !!

2stoge

Thanks again Pirate, you've been a big help.

Remember something. The whole point of my thread was to save a boat load of cash. If your able to..............Build one. The aquamist is nothing more than a plastic tub, a pump, and some sprinklers.

Believe me I don't have the cash to spend on an Aquamist (and my "trimmer" uh...I mean wife will probably beat me on the head with a hammer if I did :bashhead: ) Just the reason for so many questions about it is I don't have a Hydroponics flood tray, but I do have an huge old porcelain basin and it would be easier for me to use it as a self containing aero than it would be to add a separate rez. I just wasnt sure if it was deep enough at 14 inches. So now that I know its all good, I will be adding "legs" to your sprinkler system so it will sit above the waterline and I shoud be set. I gotta adapt the system to what I have available. Good looking out for all the info.

Pirate

Veteran
Thanks again Pirate, you've been a big help.

Believe me I don't have the cash to spend on an Aquamist (and my "trimmer" uh...I mean wife will probably beat me on the head with a hammer if I did :bashhead: ) Just the reason for so many questions about it is I don't have a Hydroponics flood tray, but I do have an huge old porcelain basin and it would be easier for me to use it as a self containing aero than it would be to add a separate rez. I just wasnt sure if it was deep enough at 14 inches. So now that I know its all good, I will be adding "legs" to your sprinkler system so it will sit above the waterline and I shoud be set. I gotta adapt the system to what I have available. Good looking out for all the info.
I've used trays as shallow as 8 inches.

You don't need to use legs........Raise the sprinklers up with a riser like the photo below. Now.......... this one had a separate rez but you can make the risers taller and keep it as a reservoir.

picture.php

Macster2

Pirate- Thanks for the great info. :yeahthats I'm a tech guy and have been leaning towards doing aero for quite some time now. I even built some rubbermaid tub aero units, but this setup you have here definitely tops the rest that I have seen. I am definitely going to do this. Do you foresee any problems with using a 4x4 table with only 4 plants under a 1000w hps? I'm thinking of doing 6 4x4 tables under 6 1000w hps. Any thing I need to know before starting?

I haven't posted here on ic yet, but I had to give you props on this. Keep up the good work.

Why so few plants? You go this way, you have to veg the hell out of them to get any kind of yield and therefore more time per crop. If you go 9 plants per 4x4 table you can switch theem into flower immediately and finished in less then 60 days and start a new crop in flower again giving you 6 decent crops/ year

boredaslemonade

The aeroponics is awesome, one day I hope to have a grow room half as impressive as this pirate! By the way i love pirates, i consider myself to be a reincarnation of a pirate back in the day.

I love the thread reads great I was just wondering the lids on your setups how are they sealed I have a "faux" low press. System with the post as well as a power cloner

G

GMax

where you get the inline filters at ??? I got a hang on back one but it only filters the water in the controller rez, and i didnt see it at my hydro store, unless i missed it . Great tutorial btw

Row

Hey Pirate

Great thread dude!

I read dam near all of it but couldn't find how long you run your pump On, Off times, like 10min off 1min on?

I have basically built my self something similar to try out along side my soil plants before i go hydro all the way, i have a 2/4 table for veging and a 4/8 for flowering, I was thinking of puting 40 plants in the 2/4 then moving them to the 4/8 table and spacing them just under 1ft apart, 4 rows of 10.

Also im using a high pressure inline pump, 100psi if i recall correctly, and misters that look like the the micro misters.

What do you think, is tping them going to be a nightmare?

Row

onegreenday

Veteran
Awesome tutorial, this is inspiration to go aero. I'm curious to see how Cannazym would manage in this system being that straight Lucas formula is recommended and cannazym is kind of thick. Does anyone foresee any problems with clogged sprayers?

my cannazym is like water after dilution.

Pirate

Veteran
where you get the inline filters at ??? I got a hang on back one but it only filters the water in the controller rez, and i didnt see it at my hydro store, unless i missed it . Great tutorial btw
Thanks !!
I got my filters at the hydro shop. I'm sure you could do an online search and find em if your local shop doesn't have em. They should be able to order them for ya though.

Pirate

Veteran
Hey Pirate

Great thread dude!

I read dam near all of it but couldn't find how long you run your pump On, Off times, like 10min off 1min on?

I have basically built my self something similar to try out along side my soil plants before i go hydro all the way, i have a 2/4 table for veging and a 4/8 for flowering, I was thinking of puting 40 plants in the 2/4 then moving them to the 4/8 table and spacing them just under 1ft apart, 4 rows of 10.

Also im using a high pressure inline pump, 100psi if i recall correctly, and misters that look like the the micro misters.

What do you think, is tping them going to be a nightmare?

Row
Hey......Thanks Row !!

I think your spacing will work out just fine. I run my timer for 5 minutes on and 3 minutes off. But I've been in a testing mode and after 2 full runs i thin k I could run it like 3 on / 3 off.

I've read it over and over and can't quite get what "TPING" means. I sure that was a typo but I still can't get what your were trying to say.

If your running the lucas formula and use good filteration before the pump / after the pump / and drain back to rez.........You should be fine with very little clogging.

Row

Hey Pirate thanks for the reply,

hahaha,

TPING was ment as transplanting

from the small 2/4 with 40 plants to the 4/8 in the flower room. My worry was that even with say 2 weeks veg the roots will be a mat and ill not be able to TP (transplant) :D them into the 4/8, i was thinking about just root pruning them when the roots look like there about to start mating.....

One other thing about the feeding times, how did you come to the 5/3 3/3 timings, do you let the roots get very dry ? or do you spray on, then wait till there just not soaking wet and have that as your off time, if you see what im trying to get at. So how dry should the roots be before then next on spray :D

I dont use lucas but was thinking about either trying it or "THE RECIPE " from REZDOG, similar just Liquid KB added iirc, i will probably add carbo load to unless that will cause a problem.

Check http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=119448 thread to see the recipe's im using atm,

Row

guineapig

Veteran
Pirate ye have done a great job!!!!! :woohoo: :jump:

Thanks for the great aeroponics tutorial.......awesome power all around!!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

t33to

This might have been mentioned already in this thread.

But this is more or less just a hydroponic system rather than areoponic. The system that Nasa uses and also the system that "true" areoponic users use is all in that HIGH Pressure pump that you avoided purchasing.

You need that high pressure pump to actually 'atomize' the nutrients. That's why true aeroponics is difficult and the clog propeblems etc.

As for everything else, AWESOME post! I would love to try this style of aeroponhydroponics system some day. I'm also thinking about trying those misting fountain fogger aeroponic dealios.

onegreenday

Veteran
This might have been mentioned already in this thread.

But this is more or less just a hydroponic system rather than areoponic. The system that Nasa uses and also the system that "true" areoponic users use is all in that HIGH Pressure pump that you avoided purchasing.

You need that high pressure pump to actually 'atomize' the nutrients. That's why true aeroponics is difficult and the clog propeblems etc.

As for everything else, AWESOME post! I would love to try this style of aeroponhydroponics system some day. I'm also thinking about trying those misting fountain fogger aeroponic dealios.

t33. what is the size of a bubble spray from a bubble stone when it breaks through the reservoir and heads for and lands on the roots?
Is that "aero"? thanks

surgexvb

Hey Pirate,
Great tutorial! I got a question about the mini sprinklers you say work well for LP. Have you ever had an issue with them getting caught up in roots or tearing roots while spinning? They actually spin 360 deg, right?

G

GMax

Thanks !!
I got my filters at the hydro shop. I'm sure you could do an online search and find em if your local shop doesn't have em. They should be able to order them for ya though.

They dont have them at my local hydro store and the closest thing i can find is something like this http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=109&navid=8 everything else I find are carbon filters, can you give me like a brand name of yours, something I can google and take me right to, I like the look of yours better than that ^ but maybe they are the same but the pic is weird, thanks man