What's new

Super-Charge Yor Growing with Aeroponics !!

fatigues

Veteran
Umm...did you read the first post?

Yeah. It's not exactly a tutorial with a big wooden spoon and the temperature is just right... but Pirate's first few posts and follow up questions are pretty damn close.

Certainly more than enough info there, especially when combined with info on Aeroponics/NFT setups from something like Stinkbud's system, to build Pirate's system without too much difficulty.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quesyion About Spray Times

Quesyion About Spray Times

Doing aero in a 10G tote (personal use). I was combining 2 @ 12" bubble stones with fog and spraybar using EXL mist heads. Stones run 24/7. I now run spray/fog at the same time- this pays huge dividends. That said my days of using ultrasonic foggers are over. I found a better way! Run these 24/7 but at lights out I cut the time for each in half.

None answered my question "How long should the mist/fog be on/off?" After a lot of research, if you are running a fogger you probably need 5 minutes on. But EXL heads replace the UF altogether! Thes should be on less than 5 minutes, more like less than one minute (30 seconds is better) with 3-5 minutes off. This is in an optimal range for the roots- not too much gorging with enough rest time (without drying out) to be ready to drink hardily again.

zenoonez

Veteran
He is doing just fine, hes been real busy and hasn't had time to get online.

Thats good news man, I was kind of worried. I have lurked this site for a while just reading stuff that I googled but once I read his stuff I read all of his threads. If you get the chance tell him he better be taking more pictures of that incredible room he has :)

basti777

Oh man, Pirate... :):jump:

Excuse in front my English!

Already before I saw the same Video ("See more Buds I"), I was interested in the Aeroponic, but now actually I saw the only way to realize this for me here in europe too!

I am very thankful for your DIY!!!

There is only one question for me..
What is the high of your last Aero-System (the Battleship-Model)?

The Pots are ca. 5cm (1,97 Inches) deep...
I can buy here the NFT-Table with 6,5cm (2.56 Inches) in the optimal lengthens and spreads for me or several deeper ebb and flood tables with 13 cm (5.12 Inches) height, but no good measures in length and width :-(
-I think the NFT-Table is to flat and i have to go to severals ebb and flow tables!?

Do you (with your experience) think, which 10cm (3.94 Inches) at height it could be handle? - then I would have perhaps still another option..

Differently expressed, how deeply it must be at least, so that the roots have enough place?
-the reservoir has is specially!

Thank you for sharing your experience (from the other side of the large sea)!

Many greetings,
Basti

Bogie

I haven't been on IC Mag in a while and haven't had a chance to chat with you Pirate. It saddens me to hear about what you and your family are going through. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers Bro.
Good luck on your attempt to become a none smoker. i have tried and failed many times. I'm pullin for ya :)

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
He hasn't been around for a while, I hope everything is okay with him. As far as sprayers go, get the ones you can afford but I would suggest getting ones with low gph rates so that you can put more of them in your unit. I would also suggest getting ones with filters in them already. Probably your best bet is to spend a little more than you want to on them.

He is doing just fine, hes been real busy and hasn't had time to get online.

YO !! Thanks for the concern you Scallywags !!

Headiez has it right. Been very busy working an overtime job and growing. Revamping my whole room too.

The Job is done so I will have more time to get back online.

Feel free to continue the thread and ANYONE with aeroponic knowledge is welcome to answer questions or give advice. This is OUR thread......Not Mine !! No one person has all the answers so........lets share.

Be back soon............:Bolt:

F

flat5th

Hey Cap'n!

Glad to catch wind of your voyages.

The tables i built like yours, i had to put them in storage for a while. I kept leaving the pump off and killin crops. Plus i can't keep up with the clone demand.

I did however use what i've learned from you to come up with a somewhat fool proof system. It's an aquamist/self-res copy, but it's working great! As long as the roots are hittin the solution they'll survive power-outages and pump/user failures.

Check it out, only 4 plants and it's going pretty well.

can't wait to see what you are up to!

Fifth.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice tutorial. Lots of careful work.

McNuggets both you and Pirate should search here for the TAG blog. It's a whole level up from this rig, but with many similarities. TAG resolves niggling issues that other systems create as a by-product. Now let's face it, even using a simple bubble stone and coffee can you gonna grow some fine weed, but if you are challenged by the cutting edge...

*mistress*

Veteran
Very nice tutorial. Lots of careful work.

Mc Nuggets both you and Pirate should search here for the TAG blog. I't a whole level up from this rig, but with many similarities. TAG resolves niggling issues that other systems create as a by product. Now let's face it, you gonna grow some fine weed, but if you are challenged to the cutting edge...
from post 1 of this thread...
LOW PRESSURE AEROPONICS Uses regular fountain pumps (or similar) found at the hardware store, hydro shop, garden supply center or ?? You probably have 1 or 2 in your stash of goodies right now. LP Aero disperses a mist or spray through micro sprinklers, sprayers and/or misters. Everything can be purchased at your local hardware store and NOTHING special is required unless you want to use the FOGGER type unit which I will not go into here. (very expensive) A fogger can run $500.00 just for the fogger unit alone) Not me Baby!!!
read the thread... tag is good... but what exactly does tag consist of?

& there were no issues to resolve, @ least not in this thread...
this works in practical situations... what part of 't.a.g.' would improve what part of this system? by what ~%?

enjoy your garden!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ROW: . Most accurate times I've seen (and to me makes the most sense) 30 seconds on/3 minutes off- 24/7. Think about it. You never want your roots too dry or too wet. Now assuming you are using fog mist heads and a high pressure pump, you will create a terrific blast of 50 -60 micron nutes- great bioavailability for hungry roots to gorge on. This also allows you to crank ppm to 800 ppm range. But don't do that unless you are blasting the tops with mega lumens

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mistress A woman who grows pot? SWEEEEEEEEEEEET

I'll be brief: TAG has been under development some 5+ years, taking bits and pieces from NASA research. TAG is about creating the ideal root chamber environment for maximum results in the shortest possible time sfially to feed people housed long-term on space stations.

Somewhere along the line, someone confused fog with ultrasonic fog (UF). At the time, I too followed their lead- not knowing anything about TAG some 3 months ago! What I found was UF creates lots of other problems (like the wrong kind of fog) requiring otherwise unnecessary equipment, like a chiller, and not able to handle nute ppms above 400!

In an ideal TAE- True Aero Environment- there is ample air space below and around each root system. The fog created by 50 micron heads and 50 psi pressure means the roots do not have to seek out food. The energy going to large root balls can instead go directly toward plant growth.

Anyway, roots can only absorb so much nutrient at any given time. Beyond which, they are literally drowning. Approximately 30 sec on/3 min off 24/7 keeps them temporarily satisfied, yet hungry within minutes.

Mature TAG roots look like pom-poms made from fish bones. The gianormous roots shown in this thread requires gallons more nutes with no appreciable benefit to size or potency. Compared to Pirate's system, TAG will likely use 1/4 the nutes. This not only saves money, but time, too.

Finally, TAG is the ultimate KISS system: one high pressure pump (50 psi <$100) probably 4 EXL type fog/mist heads that spray 50-60 micron droplets per 18 G tote, and your light system of choice- mine is LEDs. The pump will handle 60 sites on a 4 X 8 table, so you have lots of room to grow without buying more pumps.

TAG= No bubblers, no foggers, no chillers! KISS

zenoonez

Veteran
I like people coming into another person's threads and shitting on their growing methods. Pirate put some picks of your construction up man. I can't wait to see it.

B

Bazarocka

Outstanding

Outstanding

Way to go Pirate, I too started growing Aero some 6 years ago.

AERO---- "Only Way To Go". :dueling: :woohoo: