What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SUPER BOWL XLIII

trouble

Veteran
Pittsburgh Steelers (14-4) vs. Arizona Cardinals (12-7)

The greatest Sunday of the year is here! The 43rd installment of the NFL's modern day championship game is only hours away. It's an odd number Super Bowl, therefore, the NFC Champion Cardinals will effectively be the home team at Raymond James Stadium in beautiful Tampa, Fl.

As some of you may or may not know, the Steelers & Cardinals once merged their franchises togather. The year was 1944, the cause? WWII.
1947 was the last time the Cardinals won an NFL title game and 2006 was the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl.

The Cardinals have successfully made it to their first Super Bowl in franchise history, leaving only 5 teams who have never had the chance to play for the prestigious Lombardi Trophy (Lions, Browns, Saints, Jaguars, Texans).

Kickoff is only hours away. Get your bets down, stock the bar, and break-out the party favors!

The latest line is Steelers -6.5 O/U 47.5. At this time I'm still undecided and havent placed my bets, however, I'm seriously thinking about just playing the O/U 47.5 and loading for bear. I'll be back with my picks before the game.

Everyone have a Safe & Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

trouble

Veteran
For some reason I'm unable to edit my post. I'm dislike this new site upgrade more each day.

I dont want to leave the Steeler fans out, and thought I should mention that the Steelers are entering their 7th Super Bowl in franchise history. With the chance to win their 6th, and in the process set an NFL record for most Super Bowl wins.

Stay Puft

I also think it is too close to call. So-I took the Over @ 46.5.

FYI-I have lost every bet involving the Cards in post season this year. Perhaps this means you should go for the under?! LOL

Good luck and congrats to both teams for making it to the SB!

B.Grant

Yes it is, the greatest Sunday of the year! I think we're in for a great game! I would love to see the 'Cards win it for the first time, but the Steelers are seriously gonna be tough. Regardless, a great game, and a great day!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Despite the Steelers getting alot taken outta them by the Ravens, and Kurt Warner having the two best passing games in SB history, I really think the Steelers will overcome this adversity and cover the 6.5pt spread. The Steelers have atleast 20 guys on their team now who have been there and done that, so they, as well as their coaching staff seems to know what it takes to get the job done. The fact that the Cardinals have never been to a superbowl also seems to make me think that they will be hungry for a win... Im gonna go with the Steelers, under .

I guess we will all find out how ridiculous this post is later on tonight...

LW

BETcopysoffMTV

Steelers actually wiped their asses with the ravens.. People were taken out early to preserve for super bowl.. Poor ravens all that talk and all them L's! If they played as good as they could talk shjit they be ok..

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Steelers actually wiped their asses with the ravens.. People were taken out early to preserve for super bowl.. Poor ravens all that talk and all them L's! If they played as good as they could talk shjit they be ok..

:laughing:

Now back to the Super Bowl.

If i were a betting man I def would have to put my $ on the Steelers. But being theres 3 teams in sports i can never root for.

Steelers
Celtics
Buckeye's

Go Cardinals upset city baby.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
The Big Show

The Big Show

Some fan appreciation. We'll beat the spread too.
picture.php

Go Steelers Go

W

WeldFlash420

Bleeding BLack N Gold here. As I've said it in the other NFL thread before, I stand up behind my boys no matter what. Troy P. has a date with Larry Fitzgerald and its going to get ugly. If and when we get to Warner he's gonna fold up like lawnchair. Peace and chicken grease....Smoking some BLuemoonshine for the game! Whoot!:joint:

Attachments

• stuff 001.jpg
    stuff 001.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 21
  • stuff 002.jpg
    stuff 002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 23
  • stuff 003.jpg
    stuff 003.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 24
  • stuff 004.jpg
    stuff 004.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go Cards!!!!!!!

I just can't go with the over/under bet although I'm leaning 'under'

I do have several local bets taking the Cards +7 pts.

If you're hitting any Super Bowl party's please DON'T DRINK n' DRIVE.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
steelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelerssteelersteelersteelers

trouble

Veteran
Good Day Sport Fans!

I just called in my bets and I'm down on Arizona+7 & Under 47.5

After hours of excessive & intelligent deliberation I have come to the conclusion that this game is toss-up. LOL!

Arizona looks to have a slight edge at +7, and common sense says it's logical for the Cardinals to cover. Around 35% of regular & post season games this year have been decided ATS in the last 2 minutes, and this game seems to have back-door cover by Arizona written all over it..

The following are my 3 most likely outcomes of the game:

(1) Arizona's D plays well like it has the past 3 weeks and the Steelers play conservative and run the ball. It would be a close game = ARIZONA COVER

(2) Pittsburgh runs the ball and makes a few big plays on offense and Warner is pressured by the Steelers D and struggles. The Steelers are up by 10-13 points with only minutes remaining in the game and the Arizona scores a meaningless touchdown with seconds left in the game for a back-door cover.= ARIZONA COVER

(3) The Steelers D plays great like their capable of, forces turnovers, they lead early and cruise to victory. = PITTSBURGH COVERS

I feel a little more confident with the 47.5 O/U line. More people are playing the "over", however, I like the "under" today. The last time Pittsburgh had a total above 39 was against San Diego back in November, when the nummber was 42. The Steelers highest total for the season occurred in weeks 2 & 3 when it was 44 against the Browns and Eagles and both games went under. The Steelers beat the Browns 10-6 and lost to the Eagles 15-6. Arizona has been one of the best "over" teams this season at 13-6 but they will be up against one of the best D's in the NFL today.

I've been betting on football and other sports for over 35 years and still can't pick them. That's why they call it gambling. My motto is, "I would rather be lucky than good"

Time to fix another drink, roll another joint, peel some shrimp, and watch some football!

Good luck to everyone, have a fun day, and enjoy the game!

Latest posts

Latest posts