What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestions for seeds that will result in the longest living (perma-veg) plant?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My first thought would be Thai genetics. They seem to want to reflower forever.

Blueberry might be another good one. I flowered and revegged a blueberry Mom for years, same plant. The flowers store very well as DJ says. The plants in veg do not require large amounts of nutrients to be happy vegging for extended periods. Just a thought..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi -Rioht-,

Better use females than males since female have a longer lifespan and tend to keep in growth longer and reveg easier.

Also Dubi,

Do you happen to know if there is any differences between keeping a male or female long term?

Are either one better genetically suited for keeping long term?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
What a cool and fun project. My suggestions would be the longest flowering strains like Kullu, Colombian Mangobiche, Kerala Gold, and Thai. The North Indian Red Stem would probably make for a really striking bonsai trunk or beach umbrella canopy plant. Best of Luck!

I had a buddy back in the day that grew a plant vegitatively for over a year before planting it outside. It was almost 20 feet tall when he realized it was a Male. It took an axe to take it down.

organicganjaguy

I don't think a male can be re vegged after going into flower, they tend to just die, also the pollen could ruin not just your other females but maybe a neighbors as well, who wants unplanned seeds right?

-Rioht-

I don't think a male can be re vegged after going into flower, they tend to just die, also the pollen could ruin not just your other females but maybe a neighbors as well, who wants unplanned seeds right?

If everything goes to plan I wouldn't be putting them into flower... ever.

Will be going with a female based on dubi's advice though.

To update i am still waiting on the seeds to get here to get this started :).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi organicganjaguy,

Males from non autoflowering strains can be re vegged after flowering, with more or less difficulty depending on the genetics, but certainly it can be done since we have doneit many times with many different strains. Obviously, easier with the more tropical sativas, and more difficult with the more indica strains.

organicganjaguy

good to know, I have never tried to reveg a male, as far as keeping a female going long term, anything afghani should work well since they keep a small size, green crack for example takes months to get big, they have that phototron in high times magazine, that would be a cool way to display the plant, you could make one if your crafty

musigny23

I don't see any mention of Zamal. Not available from Ace in pure form but it's known for being partly harvested and re grown in Reunion.

Really slow long flowering types from the tropics will be the best bet.
Kerala and Orissa from India, some southeast asians, those types that are less photo sensitive due to equatorial day lengths and never see winter where they come from.

Latest posts

Latest posts