What's new

Suggestions for C99 hybrid?

S

sourpuss

Getting some c99 f4 breeding seeds. Meaning the breeder states these r true breeding. Will b hitting them with some super lemon og. Bros grim f4. Reliable source. Excitement from all this hype I read about it. If the reviews r true im gonna b in love...

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the traits I am looking for in a plant:

*50-70 days flowering time (from 12-12 flip)
*Low or Unconventional Odor (ex. lavender, fruity, minty, vanilla, chocolate, basically anything that isn't the classic telltale stank)
Yields well indoors
*Can handle nutrients (isn't finicky)
*Uplifting, Illuminating high, calm but not sedative. NO brain fog.
*Physically and mentally stimulating without becoming manic.
*Little to no couchlock.
*Long lasting duration
*At least somewhat resistant to spider mites (C99 is weak in that respect, I've found.)
*Tolerable of temperatures.

Does anyone have any suggestions, based on this list, for strains to cross C99 with? :peacock:

In response to your inquiry.
I'm old school, so my choice is just that
May I suggest Next Generation's Romulan.

1. Flowers within the 70 days
2. Low, indistinct odor, and yields very heavy.
(I grew 2 monsters in 18 gal pots, with a 6 week veg and got 20.5 ozs and 21.5 ozs each)
3. Very grower friendly(unlike most C99's)and handles moderate to super feeds.
4, 5, 6, 7, 8. The high can vary slightly between phenos, but my favorite cut was a hella high, no fog, no sedation, just hella high.
You'll find the high quite pleasant, but if you wanna get loaded, power some down, no couch lock.
A good thinking mans weed, no paranoia or jitters and lasts a long time.
9. Super healthy, but IMO spider mites love healthy weed as much as sickly weed, (due diligence is the key)
10. I call Romulan my jungle weed.
Grows fast, doesn't crowd itself with too much leaf in interior of plant.
Handles temps and humidity like no ones business. Korean and Columbian lineage assures that genetic trait.

With your permission, I can post a couple pics of the Romulan.

One thing I do in my breeding is stay with lines that have been forgotten, yet have great history.
I've been offered C99 several times, all I could say is shit! everyone's got it.
Research your lines, see if any other breeder is using the cross.
(Go to seed bank sites and enter Romulan and C99 in their search bar)
It'll give you a good idea of what's out there.

SG1

S

sourpuss

Yeah im sorta feeling the same, like c99 is played out. Romulan, seems like it could be a good one, heard its good every time, like 2 good songs, one gets played out on the radio, the other is underground, both r gold, one becomes a classic, the other b3comes yesterdays trash.

Painfull

How about crossing C-99 and Malawi or Kali Mist. Heard they were very good. I mixed some C-99 with Kali and it was some great stuff.

Last edited:

Skunkenstein

Coming from my perspective..of a person who has grown the real deal Bro Grimm,Joey weed,Kos,and several crosses.I do not believe the strain is played out, or that everyone has it.My summer seed project is Jw Fem x Kos male.My Jw Cindy's were 7yrs old, and they were the Last seeds on the Market.That being said..make seed while you can!! In a decade w/this strain..the only negative IMO is tiny structure and tedious trim..tiny leaflets.Cindy and her crosses will be in my stable for Yrs to come.The plant is that good!

paper thorn

Veteran
my c99 was a hard nugged heavy, (1/2 a sack was on oz, most of my strains fill a sack), looked like a low yielder till you weighed it. Nice fruity smell- pineapply. Everyone loved it. Spidermites loved it to death.
lost it. Nuggetshiner used to have a golden cindy, very pineappley very nice smoke.

Latest posts

Latest posts