What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestions for a simple fireproof ballast box

There's carpeting in the room and I would like the 2 ballasts contained in case of over heating. It would have to sit low on the floor. Suggestions?

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
What about using fireproof plaster board but maybe adding vents for air circulation?

supermanlives

Veteran
put em on bricks/concrete blocks. buy quality gear. I used metal tool boxes once. was great they opened easily if repair needed. no tool required open latch

Wicked1

I have mine

I have mine

I have my ballasts in an sheetmetal pan and it has a tall back on it for the wall....the sit there stacked on top of one another and have a fan blowing on them. I vacuum these with a shop vac weekly to keep dirt down on the ballast cooling holes of which I also drilled them out larger.
I have had my mag ballasts for over 15 years and my digi's for over 5 and all run great without a hitch.

Latest posts

Latest posts