What's new

suggestions and things not to do(when i get my ice-o-baggs?

crunks

ok i have a 45 inch sativa dom (90day) strain... im going to use this entire plant as my first batch of ice-o-hash....ill be doing it ounce by ounce....but i wanted to get your thoughts on how to process the plant before i go ahead and do it..... heres my thoughts:

i was going to obviously dry and manicure and cure for a week...then immediatly strip the buds off the major stems and process thru a coffee grinder (3 small pulses on the botton, not making a very fine grade of powder but making larger clumps of veg matter...) once each ounce is ground up i planned on freezing it about 3 hrs or so prior to bubble making.....then go along ounce by ounce in the normal way the instructions tell you......

am i missing any steps or should i do anything differently???

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Jah Mun

Jah Mun

Do it the jamaica way get sharp ice like use a ice pick ice like shread ice not cube icecube from trays. mix in differrent bucket then let melt then do the proccess as always nice sweet herb hash.:rolleyes: :D

Hippo

i wouldnt blitz it in the coffee grinder personally.
Id just roughly chop it up into pieces of about 1cm with scissors, Buds are best grinded up to the size of wat a herb grinder does for joints imo.
No need to cure it, just dry it so its not bone dry but not wet.
Bone dry will get u some impurities ime, and fresh cut seems to gum up the bags on a lot of strains, thats why i say not bone dry but dry, if u get wat i mean :)
U can use bone dry or fresh cut trim, however i think 5the quality is best when u do it the way i said, this is just my opinion though and ppl may have a better way or prefer "there way", its all good :D

Once u dry it in powder form u can cure it then or afyter pressing, if u plan to press and then cure it some, make sure theres no moisture watsoever or it can mold.
goodluck
Hippo

crunks

Re: Jah Mun

Re: Jah Mun

Forest20 said:
Do it the jamaica way get sharp ice like use a ice pick ice like shread ice not cube icecube from trays. mix in differrent bucket then let melt then do the proccess as always nice sweet herb hash.:rolleyes: :D

great answer...could you be alil vague-er

crunks

heres my 1st hash pressing..not much .5 but damn that seemed like a lott!

1213kif_presser-med.jpg

1213kif_presser-med.jpg

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
chunks

chunks

hey sorry for the wording I was told by a friend if you use sharp ice it produces finer hash in the end. what i mean by sharp ice chopped up ice not like the ones in ice trays. the reason why i said to do it in a different bucket because you can damage the bags.:p

crunks

forest you must have it backwards..i would tend to think sharp ice would damage the abgs...hence the name "sharp" ice..duh use your head bro

HIGHRIDER

That is a cool hash press, Did you make that or buy it ?

Cool thread , Could you give an estimate on how long the plant

you are using will be done.

HIHGRIDER

crunks

high rider..i purchased that "pollen press" on e bay...if you want one..its about 40- something dollars on ebay....made in california by a company called mendo mulcher..they make grinders, chrystal catchers, and sleeping bags of the highsest quality(from what i can tell on the pictures, and prices) the hash press is a blessing for trips when you wanna take some keef without the scare of spilling or losing some.......

as far as the plant i used to make the pressings..... i usually use my plants that i harvest from my indooor garden to make BUBBLE hash or ICE -o - LATOR hash..... both excellent ways to maximize your total yeild....wether your using fresh trim, or old shake from grade A chronic......all good shit.... excellent shit... ok im high i just smoked the grape skunk punch in the face
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

:abduct:

oh yea when i make those keef pressings its usually from various smoke....but that pressin that your talking about is actually from a different bud...i go thru so much bud..and im so braindead half the time...i dunno...you would think since i posted so much i would have a better system for organization...no...enjoy the pics

Last edited: