What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sugar Beet Molasses Where Can I Buy Some?

looking for 5 gals or less, but if it will keep for a while i would consider buying larger quanities. anyone have ideas where i might purchase some? i've have spent some time searching the net, but i could only find it being sold by the ton.

NFR

Just buy Black Strap Molasses. That's what it is, a bi product of Sugar Beet Molasses refining. You can buy small amounts at grocery stores or larger quantities at wholesale type shops.

I buy it by the gallon at the grow shop for under $20. Products like Nutralife's Heavy Weight are simply pure Black Strap in convenient quantities.

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
If your heart is set on beet sugar, check the feed store in the equestrian section. I've seen various molasseses... molassi? whatever... sold there.

I asked the same questions and the answers i got was that you can find them at any grocery store so I'm going to walmart to find some

sorry guys but blackstrap is made from sugar cane not beet and doesn't contain enough npk. it is a great additive though. thanks stinkyattic ill check into the feed stores. by the way i thought i would edit and add that bio-bizz grow is purely sugar beet molasses and it's some pricey shit this side of the pond (45 per gal). though i will admit the stuff is worth every penny, i'm not growing for profit so it adds up. surely i'm not the only one who read 3lb's molasses guide and there bio-grow label the same day? just as a refresher
"Sugar beet molasses is only considered useful as an animal feed additive because it has fairly high concentrations of many salts including calcium, potassium, oxalate, and chloride. Despite the fact that it’s not suitable for human consumption and some consider it to be an industrial waste or industrial by-product, molasses produced from sugar beets makes a wonderful plant fertilizer. While humans may reject beet molasses due to the various “extras” the sugar beet brings to the table, to our plant’s it’s a different story. Sugar beet molasses is usually fairly chemical free as well, at least in our experience. Although farmers generally fertilize their fields in the spring using the various arrays of available fertilizers, weed chemicals (herbicides) are not used for this crop due to the beet plant’s relatively delicate nature." i still need to check out a feed store but i'm wondering if the beet leftovers/molasses mix could be composted or mixed in the soil when planting with added benefit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts