What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

Maria Sanchez

I'm taking a chair ☕, nice start it's a gamble, there is a chance that it will tip over when it goes back down around 12 hours of light for the sativas, good luck with those
Take a chair and watch the show.
It's definitely a gamble, but I figure there's a fair chance of success, so why not?
Looking like it’s going to be a fun summer for you , bats are a good ecological sign , and way more important then most people know , you also have bat guano .. but try collect it when they out .
clear all needed exits and plan some escape routes you don’t want to get cornered there,
Each balcony a different strain woo ….
Busy busy spring and summer, yes.
They are a very nice ecological sign, and it says something about the whole area.
I don't think I'll be trying to collect guano.
Not just because I don't want to get right into their cave, but because it may just be raw or have raw guano on top of everything.
I'll just stick with my other dry amendments, which seem to be working just fine.
Sounds like a plan 👍🏼

There are 50+ balconies?
🤔
Yeah, in total, there would be more, because each apartment has two balconies (or three).
The one's in the front row on one side face some other apartments that have a few residents, so those wouldn't be good at all.
And there is a corner where recently workers have totally renovated four apartments in a very nice way, and there are workers still there.

Please take care to cover mouth and nose (Covid mask) when collecting Guano.
That stuff aint conducive to your healthy...
Don't worry, I won't be going into the bat cave to collect any guano.
I know just getting carried away haha .. maybe 3 or so ..
haha, gotta dream!
Nooo, Maria has lots of seeds!
(I think)

Plant a herb jungle dear cannaninja 🙏🏼
I'm busy enough in my life without craziness like that.
Let me make a few hundred or thousand seeds, first...
I meant not on the balconies.. deep bush the more you have to crawl the better till you find a glade or opening that’s looks doable .. if one balcony is discovered they all will be found
Too much work for Maria, I'm afraid!
Yes, keep it small and discrete.
That's true.
Too true. Safety first.

Maria Sanchez

Finished drying the last lower branch of Big Miss SSSTN.
She was harvested on day 146 = 32v + 112f, a full 16 weeks of flowering.
This lower bud has a deeper aroma than the earlier harvest, with a more over-ripe to near rotting fruit (in a good way!), and the back notes are more like ethylene than paint thinner.
Had it on my fingers when I jarred it, and couldn't stop smelling it!

I never weighted any of the earlier harvest, but that lower bud was 4g.
I think I must have got maybe 40g-60g from the whole plant.

Disso

Great choice of seeds, and this whole abandoned apartment complex guerilla style is so cool! Shades of childhood exploration and mischief. I do like the convenience of an indoor/tent garden but it is lacking a certain element of adventure when compared to this.

Seems like a guerilla grower's dream spot, assuming you manage to avoid detection. The typical tales of trudging through miles of bush or forest with all this water and soil seems like a huge amount of work, but I do have much respect for those growers.
I personally love the obnoxious chemical/solvent terps that smell borderline toxic, that Big Miss SSSTN sounds pretty cool to me. Cheers!

Maria Sanchez

Great choice of seeds, and this whole abandoned apartment complex guerilla style is so cool! Shades of childhood exploration and mischief. I do like the convenience of an indoor/tent garden but it is lacking a certain element of adventure when compared to this.

Seems like a guerilla grower's dream spot, assuming you manage to avoid detection. The typical tales of trudging through miles of bush or forest with all this water and soil seems like a huge amount of work, but I do have much respect for those growers.
I personally love the obnoxious chemical/solvent terps that smell borderline toxic, that Big Miss SSSTN sounds pretty cool to me. Cheers!

Hi @Disso !

Yeah, it's a pretty amazing little location. My childhood was more exploring in the bush near farmland, but adventure was the name of the game. Completely different to the domesticated tent grow.

It has very open full sun, but then it's hidden because there's all these buildings, and each has multiple levels. Not to mention is an overgrown mess with graffiti here and there. Most people wouldn't dare walk around here at all, just the graffiti kids I guess. The best part is the balcony turned into a pond. Rainwater, always full, super close access. Saves all that water carrying or some other setup for water.

Even though the SSSTN has the Super Silver Sour Diesel, her smells are mostly spicy pungent fruity now, with the solvent smells in the background. I wouldn't call it toxic, but it gives the over ripe fruity smells a bite to them.

To be honest, the Little Miss SSSTN smells exactly like the herb I grew up with! Long slow sativa grows, smaller buds all the way along long branching arms, and a definitely high more than a stone. Not sure the history of my hometown herb, but I think it is most likely some kind of South East Asian, many decades ago now. From the '90s to '00s people were bringing in the Dutch, like skunks, afghani, etc., which is not uncommon there now, but often bred into the local sativa for outdoors. The original outdoor local grows (in the '80s and '90s) have big tall plants, 2-4 m tall, and finish a month to two months after fall equinox.

Grab yourself some of these SSSTN from OJD. We have multiple journals here and they all look like fire. You won't regret it!

Maria Sanchez

Today the gardens --- guerilla site older seedlings and home balcony younger seedlings --- got an absolute soaking. A few inches of rain in a couple of hours. At least I don't have to visit the garden this weekend, haha. They should pick their heads up once the sun comes out tomorrow.

Maria Sanchez

Spring-Summer Grow Begins -- Maria among the Hazes!

Day 15

It's been a while since an update.
The slightly older seedlings are at the garden.
The younger seedlings at home on the balcony.
During visit to the garden, the inner driveway area has been cleared with weed trimmers.
So some workers have been in there.
But they haven't gone upstairs or into the buildings as far as I can see.
Why?
Maybe they are preparing some work, renovation on this line of buildings.
Maybe they are just doing a standard spring clean up so things don't get too overgrown.
(Whole trees can grow up around here in a year or two...)
I shall observe and keep my distance for a bit and see how things develop...

Lemon 'n' Lime Jones
  • Lemon N Lime Jones = Casey Jones cut x SSSDH cut reversed (8-10 weeks)
At the garden:

PXL_20240405_085109637.jpg

Miss L'n'L Jones is (obviously!) the seedling on the right.

And would you look at that! -- Grail (NLD pheno) has decided she wants another crack at life and is re-vegging! Most of those are just single-leaflet, but the top are three-leaflet. For reference, the two SSSTN are not revegging. Seems that the Grail (NLD pheno) is just more photo-period sensitive -- either total light hours (just over 12/12) or the fact that the light hours are increasing. Either way, very nice, because I'd love any try with her. Maybe let her just grow, maybe take some clones from her too, as there are already a number of growing shoots. Just hope she doesn't overcrowd Miss L'n'L Jones.

At home:

PXL_20240405_095155333.jpg

Still pretty small, but doing okay.

Grail Project (early pheno) x ThaiFrican
  • (Grail Project) NH18 x MM pheno 1 = (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male) (12-16 weeks)
  • ThaiFrican = Outback Haze 2 clone, being (Hempy's Thai x NH21) x NH36 rev) X (Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba Male) (10-12 weeks)
All of them of them are doing well. Not a huge amount of growth, but they've handled the transplant well, and some heavy winds and a massive downpour over the last week.

PXL_20240405_085100246.jpg

I guess these are the ... nieces and nephews of the re-vegging Grail (NLD pheno) lady above.
Which is very nice, if I get a good male, I can cross him back to her, for a mostly NHz and MM cross.

At home:

PXL_20240405_095150169.jpg

The one in the middle is very short, the rest usual / tall height.

Tempting to talk about phenos from the leaf shape, but, really, at this age... let them get into adolescence at least before we talk about such things.

Still need to get my plan together for planting out the ones still at home.
Given that the SSSTN haven't shown any re-vegging, I may just rip the stumps and use that pot at least.
But still need another pot, or two... lots of these Grail x ThaiFrican seedlings right now, and they're all surviving, haha! Eight of them, so probably four females, give or take.
And with the Grail re-vegging, I don't want to put the younger L'n'L Jones with the older one, not enough space.

Think, Maria, you need a plan!

Peace and Love,
~MJS

Maria Sanchez

Looking good! Hopefully nothing major with those workeres at the apartment location. The unknown would give me a bit of anxiety. Grail x Thaifracan sounds wicked too. Looking forward to seeing how those turn out.

My guess is just a clean out for spring, but will keep observing.
All these Connoisseur Genetics strains are pretty amazing, to be honest.
Grab some regs and some fems, grow them out, make a few crosses, and they're almost all going to be fire!
The Neville's Haze is the common theme through most of them here, and that's gotta be good!

Maria Sanchez

Seems everyone is coming along fine 👍🏼
Am happy to be here for the next ride with Maria in Hazeland!

Take care and remember 🥷🏼

Welcome aboard, Hasch!
I see your tent is looking very 'floral,' shall we say!
Please drop a few pics here every now and then to share with us all.

Yes, Cannaninja Mode. 🥷🏼

I went in one way and out another today, mix things up.
It's amazing how fast the jungle grows now that the season is warming up.
Was also looking for a secondary site to move the babies to, if need be.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Wow! It's really cooking in there!
And some people say it's hard to grow full long-flowering sativas indoors.
Thank you🙏🏼
What to do with no garden and the yearning for uplifting herb...

We need closeups, please! :p
Which plant is which?
How are the aromas??
Pics are a few days old
PXL_20240401_100335079.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg
PXL_20240401_100109392.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg

ThaiChi
Atm her smells are difficult to name.
Will get back with that and more recent pics after the weekend.

But to see you off with a smile, the lone NewCaledonia has the most amazing smells to me:
Started with luscious tropical fruit, then some over ripe fruit came into the mix, now it finishes with bubblegum 😳

Crazy freakin good I must say...

Maria Sanchez

Thank you🙏🏼
What to do with no garden and the yearning for uplifting herb...

Yeah, I know what you mean.
Turn one of your rooms into a garden! That's what we do! Heehee.
Years ago, growing indoors when living in an apartment, my grow room was always my happy space -- perfect warmth and sunshine, and beautiful perfumes.
Pics are a few days old
ThaiChi
Atm her smells are difficult to name.
Will get back with that and more recent pics after the weekend.

The Thai Chi is looking quite solid there.
And trichome development is nice coverage on those smaller leafs.

But to see you off with a smile, the lone NewCaledonia has the most amazing smells to me:
Started with luscious tropical fruit, then some over ripe fruit came into the mix, now it finishes with bubblegum 😳

Crazy freakin good I must say...

I've had the New Caledonian in my shopping cart on a few seedbanks for a while now, along with Golden Tiger (pref V3), Zamaldelica, and a few others.
I love the transition from the fruits to the ripe fruit and then over-ripe (but good over-ripe!) aromas.
A long time ago, probably my fave plant ever, was straight up over-ripe guava -- oh, so good!
A lot of people talk about different candy, bubblegum, etc. to describe aromas, but I never eat those things so have no idea.