What's new

Sublimator and Why Vaping is Doing Concetrates

Green Supreme

Veteran
So I thought I would start a thread for the Sublimator. Thought long and hard about where it should go and it came to me that when I am hitting the Sublimator I am consuming concentrates. I mean we are vaping heads, not combusting green matter.

This is the adaptabong kit on a Roor.

This is a poor example and I do have better ones on this site, but as you can see the vapor does milk up the bong. Peace GS

ps. sorry about the pic angle not quite sure why my cam or computer does that. Never does for nug pics

Attachments

• P1080258 (Large).jpg
    P1080258 (Large).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Green Supreme

Veteran
Some tips fer ya'll. NO2 vaporisor screens. We use one of these as the primary screen. The basket shape stays in well. Then a secondary titanium screen on top. This keeps the sublimate clean. No water pipes, removes terps and makes collecting sublimate difficult. Sublimate(Distillate from the downstem) is not a product available anywhere, but believe me it will be a product in the future. Its just a byproduct now, will be come the goal eventually.

When the bowl comes loose from the handle. Turn it upside down with the bowl on the table and screw on the downstem from the bottom as it is not as hot.

You may get burned. I have a few, but probably get burned as much from my bare bulbs ,as I do from the apollo unit or bowl.

Enjoy. Peace GS

Green Supreme

Veteran
Little more about the sublimate. As you can see it can be harvested from throughout the downstem, as well as the puddle that forms on the bottom of the bong. We collect with a flat dabbing tool and into a container for future dabs.

It does not taste like reclaim as no combustion took place. You only need a very small amount to dab and it can be dabbed through the air intake holes in the apollo unit. Peace GS

Attachments

• P1080261 (Large).jpg
    P1080261 (Large).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 16
  • P1080263 (Large).jpg
    P1080263 (Large).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1080264 (Large).jpg
    P1080264 (Large).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 16
  • P1080265 (Large).jpg
    P1080265 (Large).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 16
  • P1080266 (Large).jpg
    P1080266 (Large).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 17

Green Supreme

Veteran
Purple Indica gets a little more milky. Peace GS

Attachments

• P1080268 (Large).jpg
    P1080268 (Large).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Killacash

Just a few questions.

Is it similar to vaporizing in your opinion?

Details on taste when using flowers?

How much weight in flowers does it take to be medicated and for how long? Your strai in comparison to other methods (blunt, bong, vaporizer)

Is it worth it, overall?

Tronic

Do you have the new titanium head version?

Sure looks like it - rock on!

Have you tried the e-nail or the UFO yet?

Green Supreme

Veteran
I believe it is vaporizing. The finished product looks the same as material from the Volcano or Solo. Details on taste vary with the strain used. Flavors are strong.

I put a little over .1 per bowl. When I need long hang time, I do 3 bowls consecutively. I can work for 2-3 hours after, without thinking of cannabis. One of his catch phrases is, "Making a gram worth something again".

Worth it, well it gets me higher than anything else with less weed. Produces a distillate that rocks as dabs and the buzz is long lasting. I will leave worth up too you. Peace GS

Green Supreme

Veteran
Ya when the bowl starts to stick to the downstem, I rub a bunch off onto a paper to clean it up. Makes for a nice joint. Peace GS

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
All the Sublimator is accomplishing is vaporization thru a VACUUM by incorporating a venturi tube/valve which creates a pressure drop. This pressure drop lowers the boiling/vaporization point of most substances. Similar to how water boils at room temperature under vacuum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

Last edited:

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
SUBLIMATOR

SUBLIMATOR

yah I have the same unit I LOVE this thing ! , bought it at the TY EXPO right from the creator ,....the bong was gifted from MedMan, its one of his prizes won at the expo! I hit this hard, love the fact you can vape bud and oils at the same time !!!!

How u get sublimate out ? was thinking of having to clean the bong with a solvent then boil off reclaim the sublimate,...
GS< I have had my bowl loosen with extended use , I just screw it back on tight once it heats up ,....
PS > I make edibles with all the burnt bud and they put people to bed , super super strong ,I think it because I vape oil n bud at same time , so your ABV bud is full of goodies! ,....
whats the longest you left yours plugged in for ?
TS

Last edited:

Green Supreme

Veteran
We are conscious of the dangers caused by this unit, so it has never been accidentally left on. That being said, some sessions are over 10 hours with no issues. Timers have been added to the newer models to prevent problems. Peace GS

Hitman24

Hi green supreme, i was reading some technical stuff about the sublimator, but i haven't found nothing about the specific process that turns buds or concentrates in those amazing clouds.
So i asked myself if the name "sublimator" is just a marketing strategy to hide a vaporizer behind something else, because the inventor too hasn't explained exactly which is the physic process realized by the unit.
I also read that you can set the temperature, but there's no specific set range, so you cant't know which temperature you're working with.

What do you think about this things?

Green Supreme

Veteran
To be truthful, it seems no one really understands completely the process. Time will explain. Weird though, I bet most folks would never be able to explain how a microwave works, yet they use one every day. The science of it ,seems more for those nay sayers dealing in semantics and trying to make the unit look bad, before they have even tried it.

All I know is, I have been vaping regularly for over 10 years now and this thing works. The material is not charred, which tells me no combustion takes place. The material looks exactly like it does after I put it in any vaporizor.

Like with any vaporizor there is a learning curve. I am sure in the future there will be an indicator on the dial, so folks don't have to dial it in themselves. This is a very new product and is still going through development. As time goes by I am certain it will get even better. As with many folks that have bought early, they know the sooner you start the more sublimate you will have. Its he only way to collect it ,so ya take it as it comes.

Hope this was helpful for you. Peace GS