What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SUBCOOL Rest In Peace

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I learned a lot in my early days from him on overgrow and elsewhere. May he rest in peace. He did not deserve the shit that was happening to him. I'll always remember the weednerd IRC channel.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Johnnyseed

With Subcool passed (rest his soul), how will the lines (strains) he created hold up? Slowly discontinued or will someone affiliated hold the torch?

cester

R.I.P Subcool! 💚

I hope you are in a better place now; at least you stopped suffering!😢
I thank you for all that you have given to the cannabis community🙏🏽

Peace
☮️

nahual

With Subcool passed (rest his soul), how will the lines (strains) he created hold up? Slowly discontinued or will someone affiliated hold the torch?

i have no idea who is taking charge, if anyone, of his respective genetic sales, but his listings are still up and current at one particular marketplace. has been a rough year for growers stateside in general, dansbuds subcool and more. RIP xoxo.

rolandomota

Veteran
No one will take up the torch that's it man some strains will survive but have to be sold by his partners he did collaborations with or mzjill might reproduce some of them not all.
I'm sure some will be stolen by seed companies and rebranded or maybe f2 or breed with them but it's all good I think because if they don't do it who will?
Lots of people will make f2 but 99% don't sell beans
I wonder also what will happen did he leave a will? I guess I will find out with time I know the family and some partners want to keep the new subcool super soil gig going

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh no! Godspeed and thanks for the Qleaner Subcool
Never knew the guy but will spark a joint of that Qleaner tonight

frostqueen

I was wondering this, too. I cringe at the thought of his Ace of Spades and JTR being gone. As I remember Ace was Black Cherry Soda x JTR; I have the BC Soda cut, but not the JTR.

Not interested in the new stuff, but those old strains were some really interesting genetics.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Oh no! Godspeed and thanks for the Qleaner Subcool
Never knew the guy but will spark a joint of that Qleaner tonight

I also grew/grow Qleaner and feel it is one of his most under-rated strains. Even Subcool never talked about it.
I think his protege Badger was keeping and supplying most of his strains at the time of Subs passing so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

MezOner

I also grew/grow Qleaner and feel it is one of his most under-rated strains. Even Subcool never talked about it.
I think his protege Badger was keeping and supplying most of his strains at the time of Subs passing so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Nope.

Badger I'm sure holds a lot of his breed stock but its Norstar who was the producer of many of his creations. (At least from what I see on social media)

Its my understanding that Norstar has a HUGE supply of all of his old strains on seedseeker and genetic supply. I picked up a pack of Roswell (g13 x sq). I have been picking up his staples here and there until I have a few put back myself.

I recommend picking some up before they disappear!

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Really sad how he was treated at the end.He fought this fight with unwavering commitment regaurdless of how many times he was busted or screwed over.I respected Subcool talked to him only a few times.
Dairy Queen was the only strain of his I have grown or smoked.Loved it and so did everyone else.
Rip Subby.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Only 95 posts on a site this size,maybe its not as active as years past either way I feel we can do better as a community like him or not all of us owe him a thank you for your service for being a relentless soldier in the fight to free the weed.Let's do better.

Subcool thank you for your service rip

b8man

Veteran
We chatted a bit years back but lost touch as things got hectic. Indebted to you for my experiences with JTR and Querkle. RIP Subcool.

Latest posts

Latest posts