What's new

stuporsonic af?

sladan

I read some rumors about the (semi-) autoflowering trait some stuporsonic phenotypes have.
someone made some experiences with that strain?
Are there af phenotypes in Sagarmatha's stuporsonic?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
sladan said:
I read some rumors about the (semi-) autoflowering trait some stuporsonic phenotypes have.
someone made some experiences with that strain?
Are there af phenotypes in Sagarmatha's stuporsonic?

I'm currently in the middle of testing the trait. Last time they flowered on 20/4, I wouldn't be surprised if some flowered on 24/0. The phenotypes are many, I have no experience of them all since I only flowred one female. I'll know more in about a month. I might post a thread if they turn out good.

sladan

ok, at least some of them are at least semi- af
a grow report would be nice!
do you grow stuporsonic seeds from sagarmatha?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
sladan said:
ok, at least some of them are at least semi- af
a grow report would be nice!
do you grow stuporsonic seeds from sagarmatha?

Mine are f2's and f3's, starting to aclimatize here in Finland. Much better for our climate than the ones sagarmatha is selling now imo.

the Rock

so thule are you saying growing stupersonic outdoors is not a good idea,will they veg properly or just try to flower year round<>I am confused any help would be appreciated as I was gonna start a batch outdoors soon

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
the Rock said:
so thule are you saying growing stupersonic outdoors is not a good idea,will they veg properly or just try to flower year round<>I am confused any help would be appreciated as I was gonna start a batch outdoors soon

Not at all. It depends where you're situated. I really can't speak for the southern growers because my latitude is so far north. We don't have a dark period until july so the plants keep vegging anyway.

G

My friend has 5 stupors that have popped recently...interested in seeing what happens with them

G

Much better for our climate than the ones sagarmatha is selling now imo.
I just don't get this. I heard a few months back Sag was offering Stupersonic but they took it off their website quite awhile ago. A friend gave me some Stupersonic beans about three years ago and even then it was not directly available...just old stock held by distributors. Back when I got em the Sag site said they were going to make it available again.

Either way I wouldn't buy any Sag stock or recommend it to others cause Tony has no integrity and is a liar. I dealt with him directly sending him some beans of a rare pheno type of Early Riser and once he got em he disappeared and did not live up to his end of the deal. He's canna scum IME.

I sent my beans to someone in Canada and he got one female of the few beans I was given but unfortunately he's gone offline and lost track of him.

G

Update on my friends 5 stupors, 2 haven't progressed any further than coteledon stage, one started on the start of real leaves but has since stalled out, 2 have grown leaves if you can call them that...and look very mutantish.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Mine are mutants too. The leaves are really dark green and deformed. Sometimes they grow out of it so I'll give 'em some time. I think this is a very inbred line. Inbred but not stable.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
LifeCycle said:
here are a couple piks of my 2 stuporsonics to young to tell about the AF right now the light are on 24/7

My seedlings also express these droopy leaves and seem to be slow starters. well, there's time..

Last edited:

Hans Blix

LifeCycle said:
here are a couple piks of my 2 stuporsonics to young to tell about the AF right now the light are on 24/7
AF can be defined in different ways. One definition of a "true AF" strain would be that all plants will flower indoors under 24/0. (Or 24/7 as some say.) Stuporsonic isn't a true AF.

Last edited:

sladan

it is said that some Stuporsonic seeds begin to flower under 18h light. Assumed I buy a pack of Sagarmatha's Stuporsonic, will i find semi-afs in it?
or do you only find them in the following f1/f2/f3... generations?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Ok, mine definately autoed. They're only 3 weeks old and on 18/6. These are from the old stock and I'm curious to see how they stretch after flowering this early.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Hans Blix said:
AF can be defined in different ways. One definition of a "true AF" strain would be that all plants will flower indoors under 24/0. (Or 24/7 as some say.) Stuporsonic isn't a true AF.

I disagree that AF can really be defined in different ways. IMHO, an autoflowering plant reaches sexual maturity and flowers in a set period of time regardless of photoperiod.

People often confuse photosensitive characteristics with autoflowering characteristics, and this is where we usually see the discrepancies in the definition of what a true AF is.

When you say Stuporsonic isn't a true AF, I have to believe that you, like me, are reaching that conclusion from limited information, most likely your own experience and nothing else.

As thule stated (see below) Stuporsonic is not a very stable line.

thule said:
Mine are mutants too. The leaves are really dark green and deformed. Sometimes they grow out of it so I'll give 'em some time. I think this is a very inbred line. Inbred but not stable.[/quote:

This lack of stability leads often leads to great variations in phenotypes. For example, When I grew out Reeferman's Nigerian Nighmare, some plants autoflowered on me within 2-3 weeks under 24/0, but some just kept vegging. I have not grown out stuporsonic myself, so I cannot say with confidence that there is one or more AF phenotypes in the line. I merely draw my conclusion of this from the research I've done on it when I was considering it for a breeding project.

Check out IrishSoCo's thread on photosensitive strains. There was a lot of good info posted in there by several members and lots of clarification on the topic. If I remember correctly, there is info on Stuporsonic in there as well.

happy growing everybody :wave:

Hans Blix

Hans Blix said:
FirstTracks said:
I disagree that AF can really be defined in different ways. IMHO, an autoflowering plant reaches sexual maturity and flowers in a set period of time regardless of photoperiod.

People often confuse photosensitive characteristics with autoflowering characteristics, and this is where we usually see the discrepancies in the definition of what a true AF is.
Yes. I think we are basically in agreement. What I meant was that you can come across different definitions of autoflowering, and that the term is often used loosely.

Last edited: