What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid question about POKON dosage

Gumanitary

Hello everybody!
:tiphat:

Instruction of POKON says that it is necessary to fertilise a plant with XX ml per liter once a week.

The matter is that I have a few plants with a different watering mode: some of them - once a week, others - once in two weeks, and the thirds - twice a week.

Do the POKON Manufacturers mean that I water my plants dayly or once a week? I don't get it! :wallbash:

The question is: is there any simple formula of recalculation?

Of course, I understand, that the individual approach is necessary to each plant, but is there an approximate formula?

I will be grateful for the answer or for the link where I can get the answer.

All above is about nutrition in a soil, not hydro

:thank you:

P.S.: Sorry for my English :dance013:

T

tokinafaty420

Well they are saying on the bottle you need xx ml per liter if you feed the plants once a week. That does not mean if you only water once per week. They assume you will use plain water any other time the plants need a drink. If you want to feed with every watering just cut the xx ml per liter to 1/4 the dose. That is what I see typically on most concentrates. The best method would be to acquire a PPM/EC meter to determine the exact strength you are feeding them.

Gumanitary

They assume you will use plain water any other time the plants need a drink. If you want to feed with every watering just cut the xx ml per liter in half. That is what I see typically on most concentrates.

OK.
For example, I have 3 plants of the same age, but one is in a 20 liter pot, the other - in 10 liter pot, the third - in a 5 liter pot
The first one I water once a week, the second - twice, 3rd - 3-4 times a week.
And total quantity of water I used for watering them per week is equal

So, following the instruction, they wil receive different quantity of fertlizer.
I'm not sure that it is correct.. :-(

T

tokinafaty420

The fertilizer to water ratio will remain the same for all. If by the end of the week you are feeding all your plants, say 400 ml of water, that 400ml of water will be in the same exact water to nutrient ratio as the others.

Your problem is the different pot sizes. Try to keep your garden uniform and you will have less variables to worry about.

Gumanitary

The fertilizer to water ratio will remain the same for all. If by the end of the week you are feeding all your plants, say 400 ml of water, that 400ml of water will be in the same exact water to nutrient ratio as the others.

No
1st (20 liter pot) 10 liters of water once a week
2nd (10 liter pot) 5 liters of water twice a week
3rd (5 liter pot) 2.5 liters of water 4 times a week
So, the 3rd plant will receive the subj 4 times less then the 1st.

Your problem is the different pot sizes. Try to keep your garden uniform and you will have less variables to worry about.

That is the EXAMPLE
My problem still is how to dose nutrition

T

tokinafaty420

And total quantity of water I used for watering them per week is equal
I was going off of that statement.

Do the POKON Manufacturers mean that I water my plants dayly or once a week?
Already answered look above.

is there any simple formula of recalculation?
Its called division.

There I don't know what else more you want, but I keep answering your questions and you keep telling me I am incorrect, but you keep changing your example.

If you are giving plant1 10 liters of water per week and plant2 10 liters of water a week and plant3 10 liters of water a week they are all getting the exact same amount of water and also water to nutrient ratio if you mix it exactly the same with the same PPM. Say you are adding 4 drops per 10 liters of water. By the end of the week all the plants will have recieved 10 liters of water plus 4 drops of the nutrients. Nutrients do not just disappear while the water sits idle.

Gumanitary

Well they are saying on the bottle you need xx ml per liter if you feed the plants once a week.

:peace:

But NO!
They say the only: you need xx ml per liter once a week
And there's no any "if you feed the plants once a week"

All russian versions of the instructions doesn't have this "if you feed the plants once a week".
I mean instructions for POKON, Greenworld, etc.

May be the manufacturer assumes that this dosage is for daily watered plants. I don't know.

Tel me in Your country is written with "if you feed the plants once a week"? :help:

Gumanitary

Thank You tokinafaty420!
:thank you:
So, now my question is:

If the manufacturer' instruction says: "you need xx ml per liter once a week"
what frequency of watering does he assume by default - daily or weekly?
I mean international common experience. :help:

P.S.: Now i have 2 leave you for a while but I hope to find help here later..

Latest posts

Latest posts