What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid helicopters from electric company

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
It takes a very well trained eye to spot it from the air. As far as the cameras go, I doubt they’re looking for flora anomalies. They wouldn’t have called to warn anyone if they were cannabis hunting.

If you end up cutting them down, there’s not a part of that plant that can’t be used. Hell, I’ve gotten a buzz smoking leaves off a male plant in my youth. Had no idea what I was doing obviously, but the point is you can still make lemonade.

I was thinking it could just be police fucking around. Making growers paranoid and pull their crop before it matures.

I went on the electric company website and it says they fly the choppers every Sept and October.

nickman

Veteran
That’s too bad you had to chop them down early like that...

First your girl burns the hell outta your indoor plants and now you gotta chop early cause of helicopters...!!!...
some bad luck I guess...!!!...

Hope you get some good luck on your side soon brother...

SolarLogos

Week early purple Satellite
View Image
View Image
Again, I'm sorry to hear about your early chop. How do the trichomes look, especially on that plant with the purple calyx's swallowing the hairs? I think you will be happy with that one especially.
If you do it again next year, maybe try just growing them in pots, so you can move them if you have to instead of chop? IDK, just a thought. Let us know how it smokes. Again, nice job on the PS, I think the best PS grow on the forums.
Peace, God bless

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Go on YouTube and type in Operation Green Harvest - Cops, and you will see footage of choppers flying over marijuana crops in the Hawaiian islands.

Weed has a distinct color from regular vegetation, and can be easily spotted from above.

Harvest your plants now. Some harvested immature weed is better than no weed at all.

RMS

:smoweed:

redlaser

Veteran
California electric companys, PGandE in particular fly power lines on a regular basis, more so after the fires. They sometimes have sheriffs deputies on those trips, and often have FLIR mounted.(according to Humboldt county sheriff)

Electric and sheriff also rent copters from some of the same companys, making it more difficult to know who is up there looking.
Landowners often say the copters are hovering in areas without power lines as well.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
That’s too bad you had to chop them down early like that...

First your girl burns the hell outta your indoor plants and now you gotta chop early cause of helicopters...!!!...
some bad luck I guess...!!!...

Hope you get some good luck on your side soon brother...

I can't complain. It's mostly for my own needs now that the landowners are happy.

Overall I have luck on my side. I'm in middle of no-whereville Prohibitionland Virginia. I lucked into getting a free set of third-hand starter equipment, that lasted just long enough for me get funds for upgrade.
Bumped into an older grower that is now my mentor.

And what wife do y'all know that doesn't care about me taking over the closet and bedroom with plants and supplies.

My 600w hps harvest, will be here in lil over 2 weeks. So excited about my gg4 and blue dream cuts that I was gifted by an awesome icmag member.

This is all just minor setbacks in the big pic.

starke

And what wife do y'all know that doesn't care about me taking over the closet and bedroom with plants and supplies.

Fully comprehend the meaning of an understanding misses. Sure makes the whole grow thing a pleasure.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Fully comprehend the meaning of an understanding misses. Sure makes the whole grow thing a pleasure.

Yep.. even if she did fuck up my side by side accidentally.. it's not her passion like me, but she doesn't hate it.
Shit.. I got buddies that hide their smoking from their wife!
That just wouldn't work for us.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Cannabis does indeed stand out like a sore thumb from any other plant in a field or forest.

4 wks to go before chop, imo trichomes are not even close to being worth while in an extract. Too immature to do anytbing

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Again, I'm sorry to hear about your early chop. How do the trichomes look, especially on that plant with the purple calyx's swallowing the hairs? I think you will be happy with that one especially.
If you do it again next year, maybe try just growing them in pots, so you can move them if you have to instead of chop? IDK, just a thought. Let us know how it smokes. Again, nice job on the PS, I think the best PS grow on the forums.
Peace, God bless

I'll post some pics tonight. Gotta breakout my microscope.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
They must have IR to see weak connections. They're not sight seeing though. They're at work, working to schedules. The camera guy has it trained on the job constantly, and the pilot has to keep on course with little deviation. Them two blokes can't take their eyes off the job.

They are usually looking for arcing on the line and tree limb interference with the lines/poles on a distribution grid. In more remote areas easier by chopper, more populated areas usually someone driving around in a truck. A line that arcs will produce a heat signature that's easy to see on a FLIR.

Latest posts

Latest posts