What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

STUNG!!! How to cure those Bee & Wasp Stings!

H

h^2 O

picture.php

????

:joint:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i usually put some baking soda in a glass add water to like get it pasty... apply on sting... itll take the stinger out and the poison as it dries... Then i take some benidrill(hahaha check out that horrible spelling....)

dont know if that kills the venom but i swell like a bitch were i get stung and doing that takes it away... or makes it never stop.....

L

LolaGal

but i swell like a bitch were i get stung and doing that takes it away... or makes it never stop.....

Yup! Me too! That's why I like the white vinegar. I'm allergic and swell like mad.

With the vinegar, NO swelling or itching! Yay!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Yeah, no kidding. While we're on the subject of 'things to do next time,' if you or anyone else gets a case of hives after a sting, don't @%&# around... get to a hospital. Stings can kill you if you're sufficiently allergic, and I mean for-real dead. Myself, I am allergic and I'm lucky to have survived a sting as a child.

Nearly didn't.

Some don't.

-s

I hear ya. I wasn't too worried about it since the hives showed up literally weeks after the stings. I just figured it was my body's way of finally ridding itself of the last of the toxins. Once they made their way around my body (fuckin weird experience) I was back in tip top shape. No real "allergies" to speak of but if I had any breathing problems I definitely would have gone to the hospital. Fortunately Im not afflicted by allergies to the extent that some are. Good post though.

Regular asprin (like bayer asprin) works in the same way. Take a tablet and crush it into a powder and apply directly to the wound. You could also add a few drops of water to make it more of a paste.