What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Student abandoned in DEA holding cell drank own urine to survive

SS-

Anybody who works/ed in the prison system sadly knows people in the cell are sadly nothing more than a series of numbers/letters. I believe the story is entirely possible. If he was to be let go, meant no official paperwork was done. All it takes is, the person who's taken you down there to forget about you.

Drift13

This DEA news story being ignored goes hand in hand with the BATF news story on running guns(fast & furious) that being ANYTHING making the fed bluegang look bad is not going to be headline news. At least until after the next election. JMHO

G

greenmatter

i highly doubt the kid was a tweeker

it is possible that he is not

that said, how did meth wind up in his system?

does anyone really believe he found the stuff in the holding cell? ........ or maybe i should say... does anyone who has actually been in a holding cell believe that he found it in there (and close enough that he could reach it while he was cuffed down)?

i am not behind the DEA in anything they do, but i don't think this guy is as innocent as he would like us to believe

Mia

Why would you try and off yourself after three days in that situation?

What a pussy.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Seems to me they were trying to teach the kid a lesson. Locking him in a cell with a bag of meth and saying you can come out when the bag is empty. It's the old box of cigars in the closet trick taken to a whole new level.

Seriously are the DEA the most evil organisation in the world?

G

greenmatter

^^^^^^ and you are going to finish that broccoli before you get up from the table young man!

that'll teach the little fucker !

benzo

does anyone know if there is any updates to this story? did he press charges? did they apologize?

C

Carlos Danger

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23512853

Some fucking justice!

"A university student in the US city of San Diego has received more than $4m (£2.6m) from the US government after he was abandoned for more than four days in a prison cell, his lawyer said.

Daniel Chong said he drank his urine to stay alive, tried to carve a message to his mother on his arm and hallucinated.

He was held in a drug raid in 2012, but told he would not be charged. Nobody returned to his cell for four days.

The justice department's inspector is investigating what happened.

After Mr Chong was rescued, he spent five days in hospital recovering from dehydration, kidney failure, cramps and a perforated oesophagus. He also lost 15lb (7kg).

He said he thought he was forgotten by mistake.

"It sounded like it was an accident - a really, really bad, horrible accident," he said.

The jail cell had no windows and Mr Chong had no food or water while he was trapped inside.

His lawyer said that as a result of the incident the Drug Enforcement Administration had introduced new policies for detention, including checking cells daily and installing cameras inside them."

C

Carlos Danger

I'm not a person too keen on cash, but $1M a day is pretty good. Unless he didn't have insurance and then the medical bills from the ordeal probably took a good chunk.

Latest posts

Latest posts