What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STS vs Collonial silver

punx777

CS seems easier to me.... and cheaper. but if im promised better results with sts i guess ill go with that!

Also, my seeds i'm growing are pre-femmed.... would it be better to wait for non-femmz to make my own batch?

punx777

Yes you do.

Anyway i wish i heard more reports of CS working....... although i'm confused. is it collonial silver or is it "ionic silver" is there a difference>

Troy.No

I hade homebrew CS couple of months ago, worked like a charm. Just did what everyone else did, .999 silver coin, aligator clips, 9v 600mh dc adapter and destilled water. Brew for a good 12 hours and sprayed a girl on a daily basis. 3-4weeks later she started producing balls (note: this was a AF strain)

*mr.mike*

CS seems easier to me.... and cheaper. but if im promised better results with sts i guess ill go with that!

I'd like to know more about the "cheaper" part. I'm aware that an ounce of pure silver (they don't sell rounds any smaller at the store I go to) costs about $14 per ounce, then you have to get a power source, wire, and clips...

...and some fire insurance and life insurance, if you're going to working with an ampere of current in a glass of water.

You could find the chemicals for the STS method on well-known auction sites (or even in your hometown) for less than $20, and have enough to get female pollen for years.

I know of only success using the STS method, while I have read threads where the colloidal silver didn't, for one reason or another.
Also, I've never read, been referenced to, or even heard of a scientific paper using colloidal silver on cannabis, while I've read quite a few that used or referenced the original Ram et al paper.

Troy.No

punx777: yeah, the girl started giving off balls a couple of weeks, meaby 3 weeks later. Used this on another female and got myself a couple of feminized seeds :)

mr.mike: well, CS does work, why else should my fem. AF start giving off balls after spraying it?

punx777

I'd like to know more about the "cheaper" part. I'm aware that an ounce of pure silver (they don't sell rounds any smaller at the store I go to) costs about $14 per ounce, then you have to get a power source, wire, and clips...

...and some fire insurance and life insurance, if you're going to working with an ampere of current in a glass of water.

You could find the chemicals for the STS method on well-known auction sites (or even in your hometown) for less than $20, and have enough to get female pollen for years.

I know of only success using the STS method, while I have read threads where the colloidal silver didn't, for one reason or another.
Also, I've never read, been referenced to, or even heard of a scientific paper using colloidal silver on cannabis, while I've read quite a few that used or referenced the original Ram et al paper.

The cool thing is that you dont need ounces of silver, you can use silver wire found on ebay... 5 bucks a foot for 20 gauge, and something like 7 bucks for 5 feet of 24 gauge... shipping included so cheap as balls... and as for a power converter, you probably have dozens in your house right now, Anyway i have heard good sucess stories, but yes STS has a little more rep most likely

Kizzattack

Maybe try both and do a comparison?

From what I've read, colloidal silver seems to be all around the best method. It's relatively cheap and seems to get the job done just fine. I think PhenoMenal (or another member, if my memory fails me) had a thread giving instructions on what to buy and how to make colloidal silver.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
*face-palm*

Either works.

I've CS'ed auto white russian with success. Obviously both work and if they don't, you're doing it wrong.

The reason I went with CS... didn't want to measure out chemicals and purchase them separately. If you purchase both of the chemicals at once, you need a DEA permit :D

Also, the wire will last me about.... O IDK, forever.

dub 6

only a jackass would unintentionally start a fire with a 9v battery. you'd have to be pretty careless...

anywho.. I got some 99.99% wire off ebay for $5 including shipping and soddered a piece to both ends of a spliced 5v cell phone charger. stuck the + and - ends in some distilled water in a baby food jar about an inch apart. ~12hours i had some nice cs.

There's a thread on here somewhere that goes in depth.. its where i got the idea. Sadly I havent tried it for femmed seeds.. just wanted to test the process. Others in the thread state their results.

*mr.mike*

The reason I went with CS... didn't want to measure out chemicals and purchase them separately. If you purchase both of the chemicals at once, you need a DEA permit :D

*face-palm*

No, you don't need a DEA permit to buy them together. Of course, you can call them, and tell them you are, but no permit is needed, and they're not on any "watched list."

A 9V battery isn't going to work. You need about an amp to go anywhere with this.

C

cork144

my recommendation is, when using either, use the plant that takes the longest to show nanners while being sprayd with either, keeping the PPM levels the same for all plants.

if one is being a real ass to hermie using the method while another did it quickly, thats your choice female pollen producer.

youll be happyer with your produced fem seeds thisway.

btw dont use fem autos to make fem autos.

regs on regs:2cents:

Bob_J

nobody has mentioned gibberelic acid?

ive never made fem seeds personally. but if anyone personally has and can remember...about how many seeds did you get on average? (i know this is a bit vague as theres lots of variables).....but do you get as many as you normally would with non femmed seeds?

bromhexine

gibberish acid works great for a growth boost too. if you have a dwarf that you want to stretch out a bit spray it a few days in a row at half concentration (i think it was 250ppm) though i havent heard good results from using it for forcing male flowers in autos it seems the CS is the safest method too but i wouldnt suggest smoking anything youve sprayed.

Latest posts

Latest posts