What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry strains

sadpanda

ive tried genuine pineapples and blueberries... i'd like to add strawberry to my marijuana sampling repertoire, lol. Any recommendations? i know there are a couple of "Strawberry ___" strains out there, but any really insanely strawberry ones!? :yummy:

http://www.plantcell.org/content/16/11/3110.full.html -
"the terpenoid profile of cultivated strawberry species is dominated by the monoterpene linalool and the sesquiterpene nerolidol" (both terpenes available in cannabis)

now that this breakthrough CRISPR gene editing is "within reach of high school students" hopefully we might see some clever final year projects ;)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Relentless's strawberry fire cough og. Some bomb ass strawberry phenos in them beans.

Aota1

We had a fire alien Strawberry recently that was flavorful. Strawberry Cough x fire alien Kush

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive tried genuine pineapples and blueberries... i'd like to add strawberry to my marijuana sampling repertoire, lol. Any recommendations? i know there are a couple of "Strawberry ___" strains out there, but any really insanely strawberry ones!? :yummy:

http://www.plantcell.org/content/16/11/3110.full.html -
"the terpenoid profile of cultivated strawberry species is dominated by the monoterpene linalool and the sesquiterpene nerolidol" (both terpenes available in cannabis)

now that this breakthrough CRISPR gene editing is "within reach of high school students" hopefully we might see some clever final year projects ;)

You can have all the CRISPR crap you want. I'll take my buds all naturally breed & grown thank you very much.

On that note...
KKSC is still floating around a few places if you dare search it out.

sadpanda

You can have all the CRISPR crap you want. I'll take my buds all naturally breed & grown thank you very much.
That is an extremely close-minded and with all due respect very ignorant response to CRISPR, or "CRISPR crap" as you call it (your view might change when it ends up saving one of your friends or family members) - you can easily use it to help guide natural breeding :) see for example posted today by Sam https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7595955&postcount=194

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's not a single mention of CRISPR in either Sams words or the quote he's referencing.

DNA markers have been around a lot longer than that tool. The only problems we face are ignorant acting governments blocking research.

sadpanda

and saying that "being all for genetically modified is actually close minded" isn't close minded!?!? Anyway this is a thread about strawberry strains, I am very sorry for mentioning the CRISPR breakthrough.

Last edited:

meltybubble

I had an insane strawberry cheese, good luck on the he hunt.
I made some seed, they ain't been tested yet.
Regards.

Last edited:

Etruscan

nothing with wrong with breeding by identifying genetic markers but adding genes from jellyfish and then those getting into the wild is a recipe for disaster, the GM industry is very shady.

Strawberry Afghooie by Classic Seeds is the best strawberry I've ever had. The smell carries over into the smoke and it's also very potent. Good stuff!

Last edited: