What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strange upward leaf curl on one blade of leaf

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Any idea?

I am going with too much water and it got a little root soaked.

I am fighting whiteflies at the moment but I have it pretty much under control. It's not a bad infestation.

It's only one plant out of about 15 plants in the tent.

I have 2 plants in this pot so they might be fighting for root space. #7 nursery pot. Mostly a healthy plant, otherwise.

Attachments

• leafcurl-1.jpg
    leafcurl-1.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 53
  • leafcurl-2.jpg
    leafcurl-2.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 51

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry for the delay, your plant is suffering from too dry of an environment. Any time I see a Whiteflies that tells me you are in a hot and too dry of a place. Give the plants more humidity and water more often. Put out a bunch of yellow stickies to catch the flying adults.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If the Whiteflies are bad and your plants are still in veg you can use cold-pressed neem with a drop of dishsoap and they will leave the plant alone.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks Creeper, that makes total sense. It's been a cold Winter and the gas furnace dries the shit out of the house. I was under 20% for the past few months.

Now that the plants have grown a ton since my post, I am watering way more and the problem went away.

You were right on with your diagnosis, doc. :)

The fucking whiteflies are a pain in the ass. I have a ton of yellow stickies out but I got some kind of mealy or scale on my stems so I use an eyedropper to drip Neem down the stems. Totally gross. Little slimy, wormy things and they squirm and die when the Neem hits them. Totally gross.

I absolutely refuse to smoke pot after it has had any kind of insecticide on it. I won't even give it away. LOL

Plus, two of the plants are being sprayed with STS so I have deemed this entire grow as a 'no smoke' grow. Bummer. 4 more weeks and I will bleach clean and start a whole new grow.

Hopefully, this STS experiment will go well and I will, at least, get a ton of seeds from this grow. However, the STS is having no effect after 2 weeks so.... maybe this is just a bad juju grow. LOL

Thanks again for the input. You were right on. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts