What's new

Strange Slime buildup on roots

MrWeekend

shal..... I just dealt with the slime in ebb&flow buckets....read back to page 65, my chronicles start there.....what I did worked wonders for my plants & they pulled through.....pm me if you need any help, but I documented it pretty well in my post I think.

***just read back & 66 is where all my res changes are at.......after I did all my res changes I am now running GH nutes, Plant Success Soluble(or great white). & Earth Ambrosia/Earth Nectar

But here is what I would do in a Ebb & Flow, Multi-Flow Bucket system with Hydrotron, 55 Gallon Res

1- 6ml Physan, 30min fill
2- clean phd water, 15min fill
3- 6ml Physan, let sit in your res for about an hour, then 30min fill
4- clean phd water, 15min fill
5- Clearx, or final flush, 15min fill
6- Simple Chem Nutes (gh 3 part) (no organics, enzymes, sugars, ect) & LOADS OF BENI BACS!!!!.....I reccomend, Plant success soluble, great white, or myco madness & earth ambrosia / earth nectar.

follow this & you will be back to normal in about a week.

kstampy

Yeah mrweekend has the right idea youre basically flushing your algae out so replace/clean as much as possible. I put way more than 6ml in my 70gal rez cos I was eyeballin' it from the bottle and wanted to experiment mid flush. Everything was fine, I should probably read the MSDS before I try that again though lol.

Greenmopho

You guys need to be careful with that physan 20 stuff, read the label, that stuff is scary. Its not recommended for food crops, and contains ammonia (which is why it can kill your plants), so please don't mix it with bleach!

I wouldn't use physan later than 2-3 weeks into flower. Also, try to only do single treatments with physan, don't use it regularly. If your crop is too far in and gets too bad, you are better off just chopping and starting over, treating your next run of plants in veg! If you keep having algae issues, its probably in your water, get a UV (UVC) filter attachment, don't keep using physan, its poison and should only be used as a last resort!

sharl

thanks a lot guys. this is really helping me out a lot.
Mrweekend, do you think i should shop vac the always leftover water in the bottom of the buckets after these flushes. after the last physan flush, there was some in there but i thought it was probably dead.......

MrWeekend

SHARL - I didnt vaccum anything....thats why I do a clean ph'd water flush between each step.

I dont know what your talking about dead..the physan? the slime? the roots?

sharl

mr weekend-i went ahead and sucked it up. i was talking about the slime that seemed to still be sittin down there in the bottom of the fill buckets.i just physaned em and im flushing them now. thanks. i reall hope to save them.theyre in their goin on 2nd week of flower. had 55 now have 52 total. maybe seems like im gonna lose about three more. all different strains and all the ones i lost were grapeape. thanks again. ill let you all know how it goes. i didnt have enough money to go out and buy the earth stuff and i have some great white and some of this companion stuff (seems pretty good, loaded with stuff and expensive as hell).

sharl

anyone feel like i could use sweet or floralicious instead of carboload or molasses to feed to ewc tea?

Last edited:

sharl

yeah i guess the both got food in em. i just forgot the molasses and got a ways to go to the store. was tryin to figure out what i could substiute

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Anything with sugars in it will make the slime explode on your plants if you havent inoculated. Floralicious has sugars I think? I wouldn't add anything with sugars until your roots are inoculated with beneficials (or your water is clean, like my RO/UV combo). Trying to feed the benes without feeding the slime is a losing game. The slime will win.

sharl

well, thanks guys. i went ahead and got some molasses. i really appreciate all the time spent here on this thread.its really great and has helped me out immensely.
i treated my plants as suggested by my mrweekend ( and started out feeding with some companion microbial innoculant, http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=1155, great white, roots excelurator,and 1/2 strength gh nutes)for my ebb and gro bucket system. the day after , i treated two 55 gallon rezs for 55 plants, and the plants actually seemed happy! like a lot less droopy. since then though they really arent drinking very much (cubes stay wet), and are seeming to all have a little droop and some yellow. i made the innoculant tea yesterday with ewc,molasses and the companion, root excelurator, plus plant success myco and added it tonight for their one feeding.
do you think i lost the battle? or maybe i havent given it enough recovery time? treat em again? or i shouldnt have fed em till benes were established? i trimmed of all roots, so i know they dont have a ton to eat with,but......just curious what you all think. i cant really fathom the blow of losing 50 odd plants their second week of flower. thanks so much guys!

MrWeekend

you got to wait for new feeder roots to start...you should see some new ones out the bottom of the buckets in a few days hopefully.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
well, thanks guys. i went ahead and got some molasses. i really appreciate all the time spent here on this thread.its really great and has helped me out immensely.
i treated my plants as suggested by my mrweekend ( and started out feeding with some companion microbial innoculant, http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=1155, great white, roots excelurator,and 1/2 strength gh nutes)for my ebb and gro bucket system. the day after , i treated two 55 gallon rezs for 55 plants, and the plants actually seemed happy! like a lot less droopy. since then though they really arent drinking very much (cubes stay wet), and are seeming to all have a little droop and some yellow. i made the innoculant tea yesterday with ewc,molasses and the companion, root excelurator, plus plant success myco and added it tonight for their one feeding.
do you think i lost the battle? or maybe i havent given it enough recovery time? treat em again? or i shouldnt have fed em till benes were established? i trimmed of all roots, so i know they dont have a ton to eat with,but......just curious what you all think. i cant really fathom the blow of losing 50 odd plants their second week of flower. thanks so much guys!

You need to give some time for recovery. Being 2 weeks into flower, they will still grow new roots for a couple more weeks.

sharl

yeah. thanks guys. guess that makes sense. you think foliar feedin em some nitrogen would be a good idea in the meantime? just afraid about their yellowing fan leaves. also, do you think if the cubes stay wet they'll suffocate? should i not water em for a second? sorry for all the question. im just under some pressure to produce this round. thanks for helping me out.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
yeah. thanks guys. guess that makes sense. you think foliar feedin em some nitrogen would be a good idea in the meantime? just afraid about their yellowing fan leaves. also, do you think if the cubes stay wet they'll suffocate? should i not water em for a second? sorry for all the question. im just under some pressure to produce this round. thanks for helping me out.

Couldn't hurt, just don't over do it.

sharl

well, im reflushin, rephysaning. they got slimed again i guess. didnt take but 48 hours. guess my benes werent established? should have not added nutes ay all until they were im supposing. theyre not lookin too good. keep at it i guess

Latest posts

Latest posts