What's new

Strains with the least amount of Stretch during flowering?

McLabia

Any full on indica like the above mentioned should do fine. Northernlights and the clone only purple kush and bubba kush have close to no stretch.

I just finished a run of the Purple Kush and she didnt grow beyond 2 feet tall, and had a decent yield with my bad setup.

blue cheese is a stocky little bugger short stout little indica bush !!

anything classicly indica too shoult fit the bill sensi star too .................... if your man enough to actually smoke it that is lol

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hemp and Ruderalis,,, (hence many auto-flowering strains) smell least

Plants with a rich cannabinoid profile hold the most varied display of essential oils IME,, and the smellier the weed the better its is when smoked and consumed... one reason we dont use carbon filters or scrubbers is because we like the smell of most ganja plants (note: not Cheese or Yumbolt) ,, the smell is part of the experience and gives connection to our ancestors (if you wanna get heavy) ,, it is a constant reminder that we are growing a chemically superior species of plant in the garden.

If you are cultivating a frigging warehouse,, then smell is an issue,, otherwise , if you smoke ganja where you grow,, what's the problem?

Just chill out and smoke another one :D

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
STRETCH NOT STENCH! LOL!!

STRETCH NOT STENCH! LOL!!

you kinda misread there buddy! LOL:laughing:

And for AFs not smelling you need to look in my albums ,, some of them will DESTROY a carbon filter!

SGS

Hemp and Ruderalis,,, (hence many auto-flowering strains) smell least

Plants with a rich cannabinoid profile hold the most varied display of essential oils IME,, and the smellier the weed the better its is when smoked and consumed... one reason we dont use carbon filters or scrubbers is because we like the smell of most ganja plants (note: not Cheese or Yumbolt) ,, the smell is part of the experience and gives connection to our ancestors (if you wanna get heavy) ,, it is a constant reminder that we are growing a chemically superior species of plant in the garden.

If you are cultivating a frigging warehouse,, then smell is an issue,, otherwise , if you smoke ganja where you grow,, what's the problem?

Just chill out and smoke another one :D

Seismic

Back when I grew some CBG Sandstorm, the girl that made it into flower had almost no stretch at all. Though I have seen reports where Sandstorm ended up stretching a good bit for the grower.

Mr.Jones

Chronic veg's slow and doesnt stretch much, grows like a midget. Yields real good for a plant so short, easy to grow no training necessary.

this one had 45 day veg, yield just under 2oz

haha nice plants - but eitherway you got lucky with your pheno or this is no chronic - or my chronic is no chronic ... i sent them into flowe with 15cm height and ended up with 60cm bushes - very good yield tho

sensi star

i would second that sensi star - stayed very short! also consider super skunk from sensi - low light and height variety

good luck

Baba Ku

Veteran
F13 is a sativa that doesn't stretch much at all, has close nodes, and is prolific in veg. Her thirst during veg is noticeably more than other plants.

Using a CMH in lieu of an HPS can help to bring the stretch of lots of plants down. The richer spectrum definitely causes plants to react differently.

BudToker

Veteran
Had a batch of PTK (Pine Tar Kush) and about 1/2 of the pheno's had very little stretch (less than 20%). Grown in DWC.

-BT:joint:

Seismic

F13 is a sativa that doesn't stretch much at all, has close nodes, and is prolific in veg. Her thirst during veg is noticeably more than other plants.

Using a CMH in lieu of an HPS can help to bring the stretch of lots of plants down. The richer spectrum definitely causes plants to react differently.

Some f13 pheno's stretch out a pretty good amount in flower, or at least a couple from the pack I went through did, though a good bit of them did stay decently squat like you said. I'm also a believer in cmh for vegging, helps keep those nodes close. Take care:tiphat:

Baba Ku

Veteran
Actually, I wasn't considering the grow from seed of the F13, but come to think of it...it may have stretched a bit the first run. I have only grown one other indoors which was a mutant, and all the rest were outdoors, so "stretch" is different than it would be indoors.
I have grown the one I kept for about 2 years now and she is very predictable and consistent.
As far as the CMH goes, I only use it for flowering. I veg a bit more economically with high blue CFL's. I have tried the HPS vs CMH thing and I keep going back to the CMH.
To me, the 400CMH is the product of the decade.

S

stickey fingers

my sourbubble stretches about 1 to 3 inches, while my sssdh strethces 1 to 3 feet !

SPECIAL THANKS GRAPEVINE SEEDS, OJD,REZ,GOOD KARAMA COLLECTIVE
RIP DR JAY

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Purple Kush
Chronic from Serious
Hashplant from Sensi
NYCD from Soma
Bogglegum from BOG

These are the strains I have grown that I have found the least amount of stretch in. The NYCD is a surprise, I was think it would stretch a lot but as long as you keep the light close enough to it without burning it, it won't stretch that much at all. Purple Kush(SR71 Clone) wont get over 2 feet unless you veg it for a very long time. Chronic stretched a bit but not as much as I thought, only about a foot. Hashplant has hardly any stretch at all, at least the pheno I got. Bogglegum just starts to bud almost as soon as you switch to 12/12 much like the Hashplant.

Hope this helps. :joint: