What's new

Strains with no tolerance build up?

SFC

I think I have attained some degree of tolerance for the Headband/OD, but it still carries the biggest punch of my strains. But here is the best advice I can give you,and that is to grow multiple strains. You can switch from strain to strain,and it does help to keep the buzz a little bit.

But fact is if you are used to smoking world class herbs day after day, you will have a higher tolerance than someone that doesn't. You cannot get it back. It is fun seeing people get really fucked up though .

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
SFC said:
I think I have attained some degree of tolerance for the Headband/OD, but it still carries the biggest punch of my strains. But here is the best advice I can give you,and that is to grow multiple strains. You can switch from strain to strain,and it does help to keep the buzz a little bit.

But fact is if you are used to smoking world class herbs day after day, you will have a higher tolerance than someone that doesn't. You cannot get it back. It is fun seeing people get really fucked up though .
u can take a break...

Just got a bit of some Sativa dominant, Fruity smelling stuff, tastes like
pez candy, its a lot different then the Indica Dom, got a racy heady high, got me stoned off my ass a second day, so some Sativas do have tolerance breaking
power Never know the strain name or what percentage of indica or Sativa a certain variety might be. Nevilles Haze ? Probably smoked it and didn't even know.

im beginning to believe all hybrid marijuana has a ceiling after a while. I constantly search for that elusive electric contact high of landrace marijuana grown in her natural native climate. I remember african, columbian, asain marijuana coming in back in the late 80's and early 90's that would just ring your head and body for hours and that was not in my teenage years either. Now i've taken seeds collected from alot of these places and grew them out indoors and even though the plants looked like their respected heritage, the high from the marijuana was nothing near the same. Its the climate,soil,elevation,wind,level of sun that determines the high...whether there is a tolerence(which i could never build a tolerence to that high grade import) and if there is a true ceiling effect. this topic has been debated over many smoke sessions with seasoned heads. .02 from dr

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I think you have a point on the hybrids.
Good outdoor seems to pack an extra punch too IMO.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Ok, I am gonna go out on a stoned limb, I hope the branch doesn't break. Let's assume that the subjective effects (the nice qualities of the high) are caused by terpenes (smells). Ever go away from you home for a while and notice the difference of smells? The water will smell different, people you know smell different, your home smells diff., etc. I think it is called sensory adaptation. It is also the reason you don't feel your watch after wearing it for a bit. It is also why people can drink tons of the same beer and when they switch it messes them up. You get used to weed after a bit. Some plants take longer than others to build up a tolerance. I love smoking a plant for the first time because I know that I will never get as high as that moment again. Just my 2 cents.

On potency, the long flowering plants win for me, but there are exceptions like DJ Shorts stuff. I run a few diff. plants with varied types of highs. I think I read in a post by Sam the Skunkman is that all he smokes is haze. Maybe a haze will do it for you? I mean the dude did grow like a bajillion plants to make the thing, he must have been looking for something.

Last edited:
S

Scoobs

Veda Beta said:
My best advice is to try to rotate your strains to keep up with your body's needs and tolerances.

-V.B

I totally agree with this :yes:

Burt

Veteran
you gotta mix it up!
my green-dawg ( green crack X chemdawg ) cripples most and just to take it up a notch, i enjoy making salad mixes-lately it's been all about the SAGE and Green-Dawg and it is a delight to mix the 2-seems i wasn't getting enough temple activation before-now-i'm just about perfect-hazey head with very comortable body buzz :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts