What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains with 2:1 THC:CBD Ratio?

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Like most of us here, I'm really only interested in the highest quality and potent ganja genetics available.

However, I recently was able to share some ratio THC products with 2 of my elder suffering family members and they both loved it (surprise, surprise).

One of them said "Well, I just feel good, this is wonderful!"

Instead of having to purchase these in distilled form, I would much prefer to grow some herb for them myself.

I've looked around at the seedbanks and have seen some options for High CBD strains but I'm looking more for strains that end up with a cannabinoid profile of 1:1 and 2:1 (roughly, of course).

I'd really like to provide them with herb I personally grew.

Anyone out there find anything similar or doing a grow with a ratio strain?

Breadwizard

The 1:1 ratio is unstable in cannabis, I don't know about 2:1 however.

The Lebanon from ace, like many field grown hash cultigens, has varying THC/CBD ratios, so it could be a source, but there's no way to know the ratio of seed plants until tested.

aliceklar

Medical Mass & Dance World (RQS)

Medical Mass & Dance World (RQS)

Greetings. I'm growing a couple of strains from Royal Queen Seeds that are meant to be 1:1 THC/CBD, or not far off. Both only available as feminised seeds, which is not ideal, but both are compact plants that have grown really well under a 100W spider farmer quantam board LED, and were easy to clone, tho the Dance World is showing a few bananas.

Will post a smoke report once they are done... Have crossed with Johaar, Highland Thai, White Rhino, and Buddah. In my next grow will start growing out the crosses, and find a nice male or two to backcross with, if I like the mother.

Dance World

Medical Mass

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Greetings. I'm growing a couple of strains from Royal Queen Seeds that are meant to be 1:1 THC/CBD, or not far off. Both only available as feminised seeds, which is not ideal, but both are compact plants that have grown really well under a 100W spider farmer quantam board LED, and were easy to clone, tho the Dance World is showing a few bananas.

Will post a smoke report once they are done... Have crossed with Johaar, Highland Thai, White Rhino, and Buddah. In my next grow will start growing out the crosses, and find a nice male or two to backcross with, if I like the mother.

Wow, your ladies look lovely! Truly happy plants, well done on your grow.

I very much appreciate your info and I'll be following this closely. It feels SO GOOD to see suffering peoples quality of life improved with cannabis.

Your crosses sound great, too! Lots of different cannabinoids present in those strains, so should make for some nice medicinal effects.

I am looking forward to learning more about your work, I really like what you have going on. Thank you.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out Med Tree Seeds - ECTraveler here on ICmag - he has a bunch of CBD lines that are 2:1 - as that is what he really prefers to bred as opposed to pure CBD lines without THC.

He's won many cups for his work with CBD and has been at it well over a decade. His lines are into their 4-5th + generations and iterations of his own creations have are mostly what he uses for his hybrid lines - as opposed to constantly taking a male to the newest "elite" creating a hype.

If I'm looking for THC:CBD strains - Med Tree Seeds - is the only source I'd consider putting in my grow room.

:tiphat:

dank.Frank

Regardless,

Unless it’s a verified Clone, then when starting from seeds you are going to have to test each individual plant to see if it has the Cannabinoid profile you want (2:1).

aliceklar

Wow, your ladies look lovely! Truly happy plants, well done on your grow.

Hey, thanks dude :)

One thing I just remembered - it was only the Medical Mass that cloned like The Thing. Didnt get any clones off the Dance World (tho I do have another, grown from seed, held in veg). MM has a good pedigree - one of the parents is Critical Mass, which is meant to be a vigorous, prolific strain.

If you're interested, I tracked down the genetics:

Medical Mass »»» Critical Mass x Royal Madre
Critical Mass
»»» Afghanistan x Skunk #1
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Skunk #1
Skunk #1
»»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa
Royal Madre
»»» Jack The Ripper x Queen Mother
Jack The Ripper
»»» Jacks Cleaner x Space Queen
Jacks Cleaner
»»» {Pluton x Lambsbread x Purple Haze x Northern Lights} x Jack Herer
Pluton x Lambsbread x Purple Haze x Northern Lights
Pluton »»» Unknown Strain
Lambsbread
Jamaica Probably Sativa »»» Sativa
Purple Haze Probably
Haze Purple Pheno
»»» Mexico x Colombia x Thailand x India
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa
Thailand »»» Sativa
India »»» Sativa
Northern Lights
»»» NL #1 x NL #2 x NL #5
NL #1 IBL
Afghanistan »»» Indica
NL #2
Northern Lights
Afghanistan Indica Probably »»» Indica
NL #5
USA, Kalifornien »»» Mostly Indica
Jack Herer
»»» Haze x {Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk}
Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk
Northern Lights #5 (specified above)
Shiva Skunk
Northern Lights 5 x Skunk #1 F-1 Hybrid F1
»»» Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1 F1
Northern Lights #5 (specified above)
Skunk #1 (specified above)
Haze
O Haze (specified above)
Space Queen
»»» Romulan x C-99
Romulan
Unknown Mostly Indica British Columbia »»» Mostly Indica
C-99
»»» Princess x P94
Princess
»»» Jack Herer x Mystery Male
Jack Herer (specified above)
Mystery Male »»» Unknown Strain
P94
»»» Princess x Cinderella 88
Princess (specified above)
Cinderella 88
»»» Princess x P.75
P.75
»»» Princess x P.50
P.50
»»» Princess x Shiva Skunk
Shiva Skunk (specified above)
Queen Mother
»»» La Reunion x {Unknown Sativa x Congo #1}
Unknown Sativa x Congo #1
Unknown Sativa »»» Sativa
Congo #1
»»» Africa Bangi Congo x {Africa Kongo #3 x Pakistan Chitral}
Africa Kongo #3 x Pakistan Chitral
Africa Kongo #3 »»» Sativa
Pakistan Chitral »»» Indica
Africa Bangi Congo »»» Sativa
La Reunion »»» Sativa

Last edited:

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Check out Med Tree Seeds - ECTraveler here on ICmag - he has a bunch of CBD lines that are 2:1 - as that is what he really prefers to bred as opposed to pure CBD lines without THC.

He's won many cups for his work with CBD and has been at it well over a decade. His lines are into their 4-5th + generations and iterations of his own creations have are mostly what he uses for his hybrid lines - as opposed to constantly taking a male to the newest "elite" creating a hype.

If I'm looking for THC:CBD strains - Med Tree Seeds - is the only source I'd consider putting in my grow room.

:tiphat:

dank.Frank

Right on, thank you so much, Dank Frank!

I've been buying ratio products from dispensaries and though it works great, there's nothing better than growing your own. Besides a few high CBD strains, I haven't seen a ton out there.

Strains with anywhere from 9:1 all the way down to 1:1 THC to CBD ratio would be great.

I'll definitely get in touch with him, I really appreciate your help.

If you get any “Ratio” CBD/THC Strain in Seeds then the resultant plants from those seeds will be all over the place.

Look into Punnet Squares...

There will be higher CBD leaning plants, and higher THC leaning plants, but most will be relatively in the middle 50/50 CBD/THC.

It can help to buy lines that have been bread towards what you want but like I said earlier - you’re still going to have to test every single plant individually.

aliceklar

Dance World feminised (RQS) smoke report

Dance World feminised (RQS) smoke report

Yield in the end was not much with Dance World, but the smoke was great. Spicy, smooth, incense, old leather, and a persistent top note that tastes something like ginger. Have not smoked anything that tasted quite like this before. Effects were what I had hoped for - a positive mental high with physical relaxation, and quite an inspiring creative vibe. I found myself up on my feet a lot, moving around. Had a few pipes of this over the course of a day without it knocking me on my ass. Bit of a dry mouth but no other unwanted side effects. No noticeable comedown.

Will definitely grow this again, and might try in a bigger pot to see if I can increase yield. From a pack of three seeds I planted two & both germinated vigorously. I've still got one plant kept in veg, and will use this as a clone mum for the next round in the Fall. Will also grow out some of the crosses I made, and backcross (so many choices.... so little space... could do DW x Pineapple Kush, DW x Johaar, DW x Buddah, or DW x White Rhino)

aliceklar

Medical Mass (feminised) (RQS) smoke report

Medical Mass (feminised) (RQS) smoke report

Sweet smelling (boiled candy with a hint of mango), smooth smoking. Not very strong, but nicely relaxing and a gentle buzz. Good for medical use, as the name suggests.

I think I'll include some offspring off this one in my next grow as they are healthy plants to grow, productive, and smell good, (with high CBD, of course). Only real complaint is that the breeders claimed 7/8 weeks of flower, and this took more like 11... I made seed with pollen from Pineapple Kush, White Rhino, Highland Thai and Johaar.

Shockwavevivo

Thank you for sharing some good strains. I hope they are selling such strains in the local dispensary. I love trying new CBD cannabis strains. Smoking weed is one of my favorite hobbies. I usually smoke cannabis on weekends because I don't need to go to work the next day. I feel tired the next day when I smoke CBD strains. I can be even too lazy to get off my bed. I don't consume CBD if I need to go to work the next day because productivity is at its minimum, and I don't finish my tasks at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
Hi @aliceklar :)

Encouraged by your smoking report, I decided to seed the Dance World strain (RQS). I've been looking for a strain for a long time that improves mood, increases creativity, does not cause negative symptoms (anxiety, paranoia, etc.) and is not very strong.

I guess I got some sativa pheno because the leaves are narrow, the plant has been on photoperiod 12/12 for 3 weeks now and has only shown a few pistils and still stretching.

DW.jpg

aliceklar

Hi @aliceklar :)

Encouraged by your smoking report, I decided to seed the Dance World strain (RQS). I've been looking for a strain for a long time that improves mood, increases creativity, does not cause negative symptoms (anxiety, paranoia, etc.) and is not very strong.

I guess I got some sativa pheno because the leaves are narrow, the plant has been on photoperiod 12/12 for 3 weeks now and has only shown a few pistils and still stretching.
Hey Popey - glad to hear it :) Your plant is looking good! I hope Dance World doesnt disappoint! I might pop that 3rd seed soon too... I've only grown the two seed plants so far (tho I grew as clones a few times), but mine were much chunkier:
DW.jpg

Its was a lovely plant, as well as good effects. I grew out the F1s I made with Johaar (Himalayan sativa), but all turned out to be male, so I used the pollen from the best 3 to pollinate the 2nd DW seed. I've got these Bx seeds still to grow. Think they will be good as Johaar is a v gentle, uplifting smoke.

Popey

Veteran
Hello 3 weeks later.

Dance World has started to bloom. I had to bend it and tie it because it was too tall (I have a short box). I also took off the large leaves so that it wouldn't take up so much space. Can't wait for the smoking test.

DW4.jpg
DW3.jpg

San_Pedro

I've had good luck with Hoku seed Co when looking for mixed ratio strains. My favorite at the moment is Lazybone. Worth checking out if in U.S.

Popey

Veteran
Hello. One more information about my Dance World. Unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the results when smoking. I don't feel it working at all. Nothing. Either there is only a little CBD in it or there is nothing in it, neither THC nor CBD. Too bad, I expected a lot from this phenotype.

Latest posts

Latest posts