What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains for bronchitis

Nexus7

Just wondering if there are any strains recommended for people with bronchitis?

Or any terpenes/strains/cannabinoids with proven bronchiodialtor effects?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
My friend if you have bronchitis you should only use eatables and not smoke or vape anything. You and you alone are responsible for the health of your lungs. Don't make a problem worse because of ignorance. Let your lungs heal and then come back with controlled discipline.

Bronchitis is a condition that develops when the airways in the lungs, called bronchial tubes, become inflamed and cause coughing, often with mucus production. Bronchitis can be acute (short-term) or chronic (long-term). Acute bronchitis, which is very common, usually results, from an infection, and may be contagious.Dec 2, 2022 google

velorex

inhaling the smoke from a dead plant will always be bad for you. take care of your lungs while you still can. i've gone from being the one who could outtoke anyone on the bong, to only being able to handle a couple of bags from the volcano each day. mostly i do edibles, i make a really strong honey/rosin mix hat gets me higher than i knew was possible.
if you can't stop inhaling, try a vaporizer. also look into water cured weed. i did some experiments with it when i lived in barcelona. lost most flaovour and smell and looked like shite, but made the smoke much smoother.

crimsonecho

well i read alpha-pinene is a bronchodilator. there was an inhalent i used to use when i got sick which you mix with boiling water and inhale the vapor to relieve congestion and it had pine turpentine or something in it i guess because it smelled very pine like with mint and ocalyptus.

so anything rich with alpha-pinene might be ok but ofc no smoking maybe vaping it from a bag so the vapor will be cool and it will not cause further irritation of your respiratory system. heat the material to 156°C which is the boiling point for alpha pinene. begin slowly and see how you react.

all in all when i get sick i avoid inhaling any smoke and non medical vapors though.

oldmaninbc

I can't answer your question with certainty but will tell you what I remember. It was around the years 2011-2012 I was growing Querkle, Super lemon Haze---Skunkberry, blueberry and kushberry. I noticed when I smoked one of these brands my damaged lungs would free up and I could breathe better. I have Asbestosis and Pleural Plaques. However, it wasn't to long after smoking I noticed severe lung discomfort and decided smoking was no longer viable and quit smoking. I can't say that edibles provide the same effect. I am not sure of your situation, this is the best I can offer.

Sweatloaf

The lesser known type:......Edibles!

When I smoked weed heavily for years when I was younger I got bronchitis and didn't stop smoking weed. I ended up then contracting pneumonia which was absolutely terrible; when each breath you draw is so painful you start only taking rapid micro-breaths.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Use whatever strain you want, just do it as an edible. Take it from a registered respiratory therapist, if you've got bronchitis, you need to stop smoking/vaping. If you're not a cigarette smoker, that's what's causing the bronchitis, unless you live in a heavily air polluted area.

GF-Z

No smoke or vape with bronchitis.
Try to get some blue camomile oil from nepal and do the classic hot water+towel inhalation with a few drops.
also mint and eucalyptus is beneficial and helps to fight bad microbes away, release the mucus.
In my country we have "traditional" medicine cooked unpeeled potatoes, right after cooking them > towel on top > inhalation until your face turnes all red.

***** Post Scriptum *****
Oh, I forgot to mention most important factor - SMOKING ITSELF.
When you burn your plant with Temperatures in burning cigarettes range from about 400 °C between puffs to about 900 °C during a puff. This completely ruins your bronchial "eco-system". As it burns everything, bronchial tissue then becomes dry, inflammated, irritated and vurneable to diseases.
Also the amount of tar you inhale is ridicolous. I was coughing for whole month with black residue from lungs after stopping smoking completely. Was thinking its some form of cancer of fungus infection, but it was only lungs scraping out all the dirt tabacco and joints delivered straight into your lungs.

Even vaping, if I set it up to 200 celcius, it makes my lungs uncomfortable at some point. Keeping vape at 170~ celcius is perfect for me.
After many years, remembering myself RIPPING A FAT 0.5g+half cigarette bong in 1 take, I get very cringe feeling, what an idiot I used to be... =))))

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts