What's new

Strain varieties being lost in California, because of "Kush" craze??

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Doods, weather you're in California or Canada or Ohio or Colorado..."It's all good, just different"
what sets one apart from the other is the love that goes into the growing of it.

There's always people letting EGO get in the way of proper reasoning when it comes to the subject of good herb. Let your herb do most of the talkin and learn to be humble and everything will be so cool.

L

lordofthenugz

Off-topic probaby: Speaking on the line of "Kush, Brah!". Apologies in full before hand, I mean no offense with this, but this question has been stuck in my head for a year. When did smoking culture among young white guys turn into an emulation of the rap scene aesthetic? Every time I go into a head shop or watch a smoke video on YouTube it's some young white guy blasting bad modern rap dressing in that MTV hip-hop style. I'm decidedly anti-racist, it's not that I see anything wrong with it, it's just that most of the time these white kids look ridiculous and out of place with their oversized caps and clothes. It seems to bleed into their smoking culture too. Everything has to be super potent oil out of thousand dollar glass for those kids. Maybe I'm just getting older and scratching my head as to where the hippies went; I should take a lesson from myself that times change probably.

It is a sign as to being more a connoissuer than a "pothead". Kids want to compete to see who can get the most fucked up. They emulate the culture that is most sensory disruptive (part of being a teenager). The high dollar bling culture has the microphone right now and the kids all follow it. "Kush brah"= "Cristal" Which may be nice and strong and high dollar,,, but the real connoissuer doesn't feed the hype. Ok to enjoy some kush, but some days you want a Sweet Sativa, or a nice pungent Hashplant, or a crazy Jack Herer.. In any market, there are the fads that come and go according to the winds of trend. The true connoissuers do it for the love and elegance and not the money. Money can come peripherally, but they still do it to taste and experience the wide world that can be displayed through differences in cannabis.

Sorry to ramble. Smoking on some AK47 :blowbubbles:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
a couple strains i dont see around anymore in the bay area, cali...havent seen most since 2002-2004

Blue Dot
Champagne
Romulan
Skunk #1
Ingrid
Sugar
Purple Haze
Ogre (looked like super silver haze)

ForestBuds

a couple strains i dont see around anymore in the bay area, cali...havent seen most since 2002-2004

Blue Dot
Champagne
Romulan
Skunk #1
Ingrid
Sugar
Purple Haze
Ogre (looked like super silver haze)

I had Blue Dot last year. It was nothing amazing at all. Short lived effects.

I have not seen any real deal Romulan in California either.

I believe that Skunk is ingrained couple of strains that is overlooked. In my experience.. Skunk creates octopus like bud branching.

Ingrid is around in Sacramento. I believe that the flower or the hash won a place in the High Times Cup in SF.

Sugar.... well, give me any sweet tasting cannabis with OG level strength. I'll be satisfied!

Purple Haze.... mmm never tried it. Haze is also an confirmed legend. Never really saw hazes in the clubs except for SSH. Grape Ape or Purple Urkel crossed with the best possible male haze would be a dream project.

:dance013:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
must have been fake blue dot...the dot i remember was amazing, bright green with purple coloring, lots of frost, and potent stone...krunch will know what im talkin about!

romulan used to be around the last batch i remember seeing was in 2004 in san francisco, it was real big dense buds so had a tendency to get mold so i guess a bunch of folks stopped running it..

Skunk im sure is still around..but the crazy skunk1 out of fairfield i used to buy, mmm mmm mm...so fruity and frosty, big resinous colas, true top shelf weed...last i heard that grower switched all his houses to GDP and kush....

the purple haze i used to see was 100 percent dark purple, kind of leafy, but smelled nothing like GDP...more of a hashy deep smell with some rotten funk...it was sold at a few clubs under other names, usually crazy overpriced because it was 100 percent purple, but the smoke was usually harsh and nothing special...

G

guest8905

grew out a clone called sugar a bunch of years back. was amazing and tasted like peaches

H

highsteppa

I doubt RKS is out there waiting to be re-discoverd brought to the masses. It was a commercial strain and I never seen or smoked it after 1992.

Green Supreme

Veteran
97 for me. Smelled the dude on Commercial Drive in Vancouver. Followed him at a safe distance till he was not in the open. I was like hey dude. Sorry to bother you, but I just have to buy some of those herbs you are carrying. He laughed, and said sure. Sold me an 1/8th on the spot. I have encountered the smell since and was schmoozing up to the dude, then I got busted and moved. She will cross my path again, when it is time. Peace GS

ycbmysf

Strains are for sure being lost out here. No one, and I mean no one, has the pure skunk that was going around 15 years ago. And I am not talking about some bullshit these kids are calling skunk, I'm talking about skunk weed that smells just like a skunk let off in your face. If people do have it, they are keeping it to themselves and it for sure is not in any club I have ever seen.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
haha..it is in the UK...exodus cut... ;) The skunk I mean, if it was as good as the late 80's skunk, you are loosing out. There are so many people growing and so many with mothers that though numbers the old stuff keeps on growing..hopefully. The OG is so ridiculous that it put most of the old stuff to shame.. The good stuff I'm sure is still around.

ForestBuds

must have been fake blue dot...the dot i remember was amazing, bright green with purple coloring, lots of frost, and potent stone...krunch will know what im talkin about!

the purple haze i used to see was 100 percent dark purple, kind of leafy, but smelled nothing like GDP...more of a hashy deep smell with some rotten funk...it was sold at a few clubs under other names, usually crazy overpriced because it was 100 percent purple, but the smoke was usually harsh and nothing special...

There is a breeder on line that has blue dot quasi hybrid in seed form. You might be interested.

That's why sweet/smooth tasting cannabis is the uttermost important trait to me. Easy on the lung and to actually enjoy the smoke itself instead of enduring harsh/unappealing smoke to get desired effects. Hope that this Sweet Tooth # 4 x Pineapple direct from Humboldt will satisfy my palette.

:blowbubbles:

mkx4ya.png

smoooth

I still grow romulan all the time. The cut I got looks just like the picture for the seeds when done flowering. It has a sweet smell to it after a cure and is ridiculously gooey. It leaves a film of trichs all over the bag and sticks together in one giant clump. One of my favorite strains to smoke at night. Have some crosses in mind for her:)

Old Man River

Someone will always have the less popular strains and when the craze ebbs, they will be distributed again. Might make them harder to get, but I doubt they'll disappear completely.

OMR

JetLife175

Veteran
I've seen a 1987 sk1, some 80s silver pearls, and the like. All pre 91 and still rocking hard as fuck. I always try to get a bag of that stuff when I can. Flavors are insane on everything the guy has.

Latest posts

Latest posts