What's new

Strain recommendations?

furrywall11

Hello everyone,

due to some circumstances I didn't avoid I lost almost all of the strains I've been working with for four years here in Cali...There's still some hope one or two are still alive at a friends house but, it seems like it is a good time to pick up some new genetics. I'm going to be doing a light dep starting in february, two months veg, flipping April fools day and, harvesting June1st-June15th. I'm new to greenhouse growing so I need something that is vigorous and easy to work with but, not Blue Dream. Nothing against it..looking for a new experience. I have a couple options---Harborside and an online seed bank...I'd like to do 1/2 clones and 1/2 feminized seeds. Let me hear some suggestions...thanks!
:tiphat:

turbo14

Veteran
Hello everyone,

due to some circumstances I didn't avoid I lost almost all of the strains I've been working with for four years here in Cali...There's still some hope one or two are still alive at a friends house but, it seems like it is a good time to pick up some new genetics. I'm going to be doing a light dep starting in february, two months veg, flipping April fools day and, harvesting June1st-June15th. I'm new to greenhouse growing so I need something that is vigorous and easy to work with but, not Blue Dream. Nothing against it..looking for a new experience. I have a couple options---Harborside and an online seed bank...I'd like to do 1/2 clones and 1/2 feminized seeds. Let me hear some suggestions...thanks!
:tiphat:

Glad you already said it, but anything but Blue Dream... I would stay with shorter squat plants for the deps so you can pile them in there and maximize space. Also look for more mold resistant varieties for those rainy days and high humidity. I personally like running seed stock better than clones.. Hybrid vigor and it makes it fun and interesting as hell. Check out Bodhi, Archive, CannaVenture, BOG, and Gage Green just to name a few.

turbo

furrywall11

Thanks for the replies.. I'm all about seed stock but I'm a little short on time to be sexing seeds..if bodhisattva seeds did fem I would be doing a happy dance right now..can anyone recommend some companies with good fem seeds?

jackel

I wouldn't do seeds, simply due to time, and uniformity. Dep doesn't really give you the space to have a few phenos shoot sativa doms and be 2-3ft taller and 2-3weeks later. I would think you'd want nearly all the same strain or atleast same timeframe strains.
Bubbas are a pretty good bet. Know lots of dep people doing those. They are short n squat. Good luck,
p.s. Let's see the dep houses!

rolandomota

Veteran
Ace seeds order from their website they sell singles, 3, and 5 packs of feminized gear. They have A very nice selection of fast finishers.I use registered to send payment 15 dollars at the post office and regular mail to get my seeds in 3 to 4 bussines days(dont count sunday). I love the malawi and golden tiger descriptions those are what i want to grow this outdoor season. Im all about higher potency and heavy yields im tired of mediocre weed it seems its trending now a days.

whitebear

Alice in wonderland is good. This girl will boosts your energy and imagination, allowing to experience extraordinary sensory stimulation. Good for day time and morning use.

furrywall11

Many thanks, Whitebear, roland, jackel...
I picked up all my genetics from Harborside and some dispensary in Oakland, can't remember the name...
I've got Chocolate Hashberry, SFV OG, Afghooie, Atomic Northern Lights, Alien OG and, Training Day... Wow. Six strains. It'll be good though because the people in my collective all want variety and these are all short to mid size plants with 8-9 week flower time. Mission accomplished.

furrywall11

Hola Seniors, I'm looking for some more recommendations from you good folk...What strain, preferably something available at Harborside, would most match my plan of growing a bunch of short and stocky plants in 20 gallon pots this year instead of 36 huge plants? bonus points for easy training and high yield.

The light dep is going great! the SFV is one of my favorites, too. It has that old school indescribable OG "ping". Some have described it as ozone infused butter strained through a dirty sock..I'm not even going to try to describe it, you know what I'm talking about. Thanks!

jayjayfrank

Veteran
meh, i stay away from harborside but since its what you want

DHN; allenwrench, stardawg, the white

best nugs from dark heart yet, have run half their catalog so far, dont ask me about the other shit

personally myself im still buying seeds from ace, cannabiogen, and chimera like i posted about six months ago

Latest posts

Latest posts