What's new

Storing soil?

dankedout

I picked up all my soils today and want to make my mix now. Is it ok to leave the mix sitting somewhere or can it go bad? Should I store it somewhere like a garbage can or something? Or should I hold off making my mix until I'm ready to plant?

dankedout

The mix is

1 Bag of fox farm oceans forrest
1 bag of fox farm potting soil (red bag)
1. bag of light warriors high yeild soil
1 bag of bio coco
1 bag of perlite
1 cup of fox farm peice of mind fruit and flower fertilizer

Do you guys think this is a good mix to use ? My goal is to use a mix that will allow me to not feed the plant during the whole life cycle.

mysta177

That is a great mix to use as it is known as "moonshine mix" I used it my first grow and the buds taste like no other. Don't over water it will cause a bunch of def. As to store your fert I would put it in a rubbermade container mine was fine for 3 months. I just mixed it up once in a while. My new grow is going to be 1 bag of foxfarm Happy Frog and 1 bag of light warrior. I'm going to give it some SWEET during the grow.

dankedout

cool thanks mysta. Youll have to keep me posted on how your new grow goes. Let me know if you start a grow diary on here.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
If you soil is 99% substrate with little ammendments like blood meal, kelp, dolmite then yes your are fine and can use a simple trashcan to store the mix.
If you try to preserve ammended soil mix with alot of solid source fertilizers then they will be broken down by composting action over time given the right moisture content.
Keep your mix dry and loosely covered and it will fair well.

Sub's

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've made my mix and stored it in a plastic trash can for months. No problems.
Burn1

Latest posts

Latest posts