What's new

Store Bought Compost vs EWC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
That'd be a trip working at a dro-store...growing organic and not needing much more than a case or two of Hortilux'z and some Dynagro ProteKt here and there....I'd probably not work out for the bottom line of the bizz...too willing to help guys who bought into myth-based gardening trip......"we're gonna have to let ya go"...would be what I'd hear in less than a week.

C

CT Guy

That'd be a trip working at a dro-store...growing organic and not needing much more than a case or two of Hortilux'z and some Dynagro ProteKt here and there....I'd probably not work out for the bottom line of the bizz...too willing to help guys who bought into myth-based gardening trip......"we're gonna have to let ya go"...would be what I'd hear in less than a week.

This is the problem I'm running into. Know anyone who wants a great deal on organic bottled nutes? I'm just going to get rid of it and not stock it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i admit im a sinner and use the general organics line of "v-ganic" nutes ( i know i know,castigate me if you must,but im crushingly lazy and dumber than a fence post!)
but i am a bad employee because i tell people that knowledge and experience are the only miracle additives to the garden,and im entirely willing to say "i dont know"....heck,last week i could have sold 3-4 overpriced hydroponic systems to bored retirees to grow tomatoes in...but i was like why bother? you can grow to the grocery store and buy all the no flavor chem grown tomatoes you want at the store,if you're not growing organic heirloom tomatoes theres no point in doing it at home aside from the pleasure of gardening,and most people arent going to enjoy hydroponics...

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
This is the problem I'm running into. Know anyone who wants a great deal on organic bottled nutes? I'm just going to get rid of it and not stock it.

LOL..CT...I was looking at your site this morning. What say about the bulk organic nutes....you do those?

J

jerry111165

but I'm crushingly lazy

Me, too - that's why I don't even want to open a bottle and pour it in and have to measure and mix. It's straight ol' tap water for this fella, unless I decide to throw a handful of this or that into the mix and let it sit a few days between waterings.

Once your soil is mixed with quality ingredients - why, all the work is over.

Organics is friggin perfect for a lazy ass like me - just keep it moist.

Seriously. Even with your discount you'll be spending considerably less with a soil mix.

J

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
take that money and buy a worm bin, and worms..

nice way to cut down on garbage size, will get you eating healthier, and fun to make your own..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but I'm crushingly lazy

Me, too - that's why I don't even want to open a bottle and pour it in and have to measure and mix. It's straight ol' tap water for this fella, unless I decide to throw a handful of this or that into the mix and let it sit a few days between waterings.

Once your soil is mixed with quality ingredients - why, all the work is over.

Organics is friggin perfect for a lazy ass like me - just keep it moist.

Seriously. Even with your discount you'll be spending considerably less with a soil mix.

J
my tap water measures 640 ppm out of the tap! ive tried organic soils before,its just super hard to source stuff here,but then again i didnt have a credit card before so i couldnt really mail order,and i dont own a car so it gets to be a pita to haul 50 lb sacks of stuff home,a bottle of nutes not so hard to pop in the backpack....but im getting a trailer for the bike soon,that will make hauling almost pleasant....

take that money and buy a worm bin, and worms..

nice way to cut down on garbage size, will get you eating healthier, and fun to make your own..
i think once i can get the veggie gardens going it will make much of this stuff much easier for me to deal with...

For the ultimate in not having to do shit...run no-tills.
looks like i have another bunch of threads to read!:tumbleweed:

guyyug

water only?

water only?

You do indeed have a lot of reading if you are only wanting to grow QUALITY plants using only water (and maybe a sip of tea here and there ;-)

There are many recipes here, but comes down to making sure the nutrients can be ready to absorb by the plant as it is needed. Which is also hard with different strains. But if quantity is not important, congrats, b/c there is no finer, well cured smoke than that of organic, even though it NORMALLY produces a tad smaller buds and can take a few days longer IMO. But if it is for you, like you said, once it is all mixed up and rests, just water and tea throughout.

Oh, the tap water is too hard, do a 1/3 to 1/4 tap and the rest RO water. It gives it many minerals and helps buffer ph. Though some tap PH is extremely stable, meaning it may take a few tweeks ;-)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
use both castings and compost...I have wormfarms and compost piles..store bought is hit or miss...you have to know what your looking for /at IMHO prob more crap than good stuff