What's new

Stop KeyBank's arrogant abuse of power

MIway

Veteran
why would any bank exec be afraid of criminal prosecution and/or jail? ...in america? ...based on history? i just dont see it possible, unless they outright murdered their spouse at a public function... and even still...? they run around w impunity.

the whole 'against fed law' argument is just convenient for them. dont know what it is, but there must be an agenda... real money, real dynastic wealth type of shit. unless u have hundreds of millions, just an insignificant nuisance on the way towards an end game.

we arent real wealth... even a cple of mill in savings can be wiped out w a good illness, or other unfortunate event. as individuals, we cant possibly mean much to them... let alone any complaint we might lodge.

shit will pan out in the upcoming years... and im sure getting the common money out is just a single play in a much bigger game... same w the weed industry as a whole.

but yeah totally... fuck the banks.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
You know I'm gonna get sooo much crap for this but don't you think that the bank was doing what was in their best interest? If you were in their position and you could possibly get fined or go to jail would you do what you have to do in order to not incur those fines or loss of freedom? I would. Even if you worked as an executive with the bank and were pro-marijuana legalization, if the bosses said do it or your fired your going to do it. I think their actions are shameful, but I understand their perspective and from a formal and conservative institution like a large bank it should be somewhat expected. On the other hand I do not expect GW to abuse his power in such a manner. He obv felt wronged and instead of looking for insight and perspective and handling it on his own he attempted to gather his minions to fight his personal battles. What's next are we going to stop shopping at Safeway because a cashier refused to put his meat and milk into one bag? I am sorry GW, but this is a petty abuse of power that will only diminish your credibility. Suck it up and move on.
P.S please do not just auto neg rep me. If you do not agree with my opinion please post why.

your first point has some value, but the second part of this post is just silly. first of all the bank need not have close the non canna related accounts. but lets say they were playing it safe, well it's still bs, because if GW now finds a way around this by not using banks in future, they will come and say he is money laundering. the law is totally unjust and fucks you coming and going.

as for GW expecting people to fight his battles, thats your interpretation, i'm sure that is not what this thread is about. this is just about showing the hypocrisy and injustice of the banking practices. as was said these same banks are laundering billions for the cartels and all they get is a small fine when they do get caught once in a blue moon. they don't even have to admit guilt and the fine is generally a small percentage of the profit they made from the money laundering. we need a new bank opened up just to service legal canna money.

Daub Marley

as for GW expecting people to fight his battles, thats your interpretation, i'm sure that is not what this thread is about. this is just about showing the hypocrisy and injustice of the banking practices. as was said these same banks are laundering billions for the cartels and all they get is a small fine when they do get caught once in a blue moon. they don't even have to admit guilt and the fine is generally a small percentage of the profit they made from the money laundering. we need a new bank opened up just to service legal canna money.
If that was the context of what this thread was created for then I 100% support it. I too believe a smaller bank needs to take the risk and cater to cannabusinesses. My interpretation was that GW either deluded himself or others and morphed his own problem into a seemingly more noble cause, but as you point out that's just my interpretation.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought of this thread when I saw this article this morning. An interesting side note - a few days ago, I was going to deposit my daughter's birthday money in her Chase account. I've been doing this for years, and always deposit cash so that there is no waiting period for a check to clear and she can have access to it immediately. Apparently, since the end of March, you can no longer deposit cash into a bank account unless you are listed on the account.

Damn, it's a good thing that we have a Democrat administration. Those nasty Republicans might encroach on our liberties......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sellers-say-high-risk-label-from-feds/?page=1

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Both puppets have the same goals just different sales pitch. :ying:

Absolutely. The only thing that I prefer about the Republicans (which isn't much!) is that they are less duplicitous about what they are doing. If the Bush administration had implemented half of what the current crop is doing, there would have been rioting in the streets with the media leading the charge. As it is.........crickets.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Absolutely. The only thing that I prefer about the Republicans (which isn't much!) is that they are less duplicitous about what they are doing. If the Bush administration had implemented half of what the current crop is doing, there would have been rioting in the streets with the media leading the charge. As it is.........crickets.

As long as the gov. keeps giving out just barely enough for the people to keep choosing the easy side of the fork in the road... You will never see a riot. It is very easy to get the bunny focused on the carrot.

This chess game is far to complex to get into here, I respect it, much like a gun with no safety and a wide spread. :ying:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Apparently, since the end of March, you can no longer deposit cash into a bank account unless you are listed on the account.

I was wondering how long this would be allowed. :ying:

To easy for unknown cash to just show up with no paper trail...

I wonder if a money order could be deposited without showing ID or being listed on the account? Or have a listed name on the MO but not have to show ID? (still a $500 limit on MO's?)

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Damn, it's a good thing that we have a Democrat administration. Those nasty Republicans might encroach on our liberties......
settle down my conservative brother. even us liberals are offended by the assault on our liberties by the current admin. but make no mistake, your friends are in it as deep as mine! point at each other as they may...
:biggrin:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
settle down my conservative brother. even us liberals are offended by the assault on our liberties by the current admin. but make no mistake, your friends are in it as deep as mine! point at each other as they may...
:biggrin:

Hell, neither one of them are my friends!

I just never cease marveling at the hypocrisy of the supposedly more "liberal" side being so in love with establishing evermore regulations, stipulations, rules and oversight. I think that a daily mantra for politicians of this stripe should include reciting the definition found in Wikipedia - "Classical liberalism, a political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual". Something has gone seriously awry.....

RoadRash

I am familiar with the culture in Southern Oregon.

The hills and trees and rivers are beautiful, and there are a lot of very talented craftspeople.

BUT - at the management level, there is a very strong "obedience to authority" obsession/ streak. Sort of reminds me of the prim English woman character from Harry Potter that says, "Don't ask questions".

Keybank googles as being in Grants Pass, and Grants Pass is not known for friendliness to Medical Marijuana.

I think part of the situation relates to the social dynamic of the bank.

Like it or not, certain things convey legitimacy, e.g. the involvement of an MD with your organization.

The account rep/ exec at the bank sees that and goes, OHHH !

And then they might sit in a meeting and say, Ooooh ! Doctor !

OK well, just sort of making fun of how things work in corporate America. (Don't mind me I'm stoned :woohoo: )

Last edited:

scoots

I thought of this thread when I saw this article this morning. An interesting side note - a few days ago, I was going to deposit my daughter's birthday money in her Chase account. I've been doing this for years, and always deposit cash so that there is no waiting period for a check to clear and she can have access to it immediately. Apparently, since the end of March, you can no longer deposit cash into a bank account unless you are listed on the account.

I deposited 50 cash into a freinds BA account out of state ysterday.

Gry

Veteran
Corporates and banks able to get away with anything and being handed more rights with each session of the supreme court they have bought and paid for. We need a way to over turn citizens united.

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
tbh a bank is a business. and any business has a right not to deal with particular customers no matter what the reason is. they don't want to be associated with cannabis and that's their decision. there's no point getting annoyed about it. if you don't like how they operate, use a different bank.

JointOperation

when they can claim anything and take away your bank accounts.. and your rights to make an income LEGALLY.. that's when maybe an offshore bank account.. or invest in a HUGE SAFE.. and store your shit yourself.. somewere private..

that sucks man.. the worst shit happens to the best people.. i hope atleast you couls still grab that money.. or did they rob you also?

the problem being.. no federally insured bank will touch anything related to cannabis in any way shape of form.. but still hes selling knowledge.

i just cant stand it.. they will allow dispensaries to open. but wont allow them to store there money.. basically there saying.. hey any dirty ass cops that want to rob a dispensary.. GO FOR IT they cant keep there money in our banks.. so steal that shit.