What's new

Stoner's Spring '06

Stoner133

That still translates to 75% fully mature and ready to drop out of the buds. If I had given it another week, perhaps 90% would have been fully mature but my vegetative growing would be behind schedule.

Cool temperatures do slow things down. Last season, I started the Spring plants at 10-12C, basement temperatures. The biggest change I saw was germination rates. At those temperatures, Cannabis does not like to germinate.

What happens if you leave them too long? Not a lot, the plant stops growing and the tricromes dry up. They are finished when they stop putting on mass, that happens when they are fully ripe and ready for harvest. Left longer, there is no significant increase in weight.

Does the drug deteriorate? Perhaps on some level, but nothing that you would detect with a toke test. I have sampled as they ripen, at fully mature and well past mature, there is little difference in effect.

Stoner133

Don't you just love it when your cutting up dank, sticky pot. My fingers were challenged to the limit to roll a couple of passable joints.

This stuff is truly awesome. Smoke is really smooth, gets you really stoned.

When I was nearing the end of the joint, it was stuck to my thumb.

The second joint comes to town with me. My impartial panel of co-tokers will get a taste. Then I will observe the performance enhancing aspect to my favorite dope. Good thing my idea of sport is played on a table with sticks and balls and your encouraged to drink a six pack to keep it sporting.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesn't get much better than breaking apart a sticky seeded bud and getting a taste of the next generation.

C

clear and blue

ahh! making me jealous reminding me of harvest time. ive been dry for a while and the only people selling it in this town are the turkish maffia... cant really be doing any deals with THEM because were already in a bit of shit. besides, if they catch wind that i may have a little hobby itll be a far easier way to get to my family than killing us.

funny how when youve been fucked over by THEM theres nothing the law are willing to do about it, yet you could live perfectly peacefully and still end up with the law on your ass. fucking racists pigs!

sorry.. enjoy!

Stoner133

Yea, much like that pipeline.

The opinion was favorable and unanimous. Messed them up real good too.

CB has it rough, for me it is just a matter of paperwork if they find out what I am up to. Where the rule of law is not clearly defined, you can get some pretty violent people on your case. Keep your head down.

C

clear and blue

Captain Skunk said:
Sticky fingers are great, even if you can't lick them clean!

and scratching an itchy nose leaves you with a nice smell for a while! very hard to roll a j though. number of times in the past where ive tipped it all out because the paper stuck to part of my finger. fun though.

C

clear and blue

yeah im beginning to think the worse.

either that or the silence is just a tumbleweed effect after my last post.

hope its just the two options that you mentioned.. busy or stoned

Captain Skunk

stoner is probably celebrating the Canadian Curling victory. They finally brought home the gold this year.

Last nights routing of Finland was very impressive!

Captain Skunk

The snazz beans are between the towels....fingers crossed!

I'm thinking MM X GWS and some Medicine Man X Spice of Life are next in the germination rotation.

PureSativa420

im going to stick my plants outside today and for the rest of the week as it will be in the upper 40s to mid 50s :), this will be only the harden off process and let them get a feel for the cold rain we will get in the middle of the week and then after theyve been harden off i plan to leave them outside unless frost comes along

and im going to start off all my seeds this week to get them started too :D

Last edited:

Stoner133

Howdy all, nothing to worry about and The Capt'n is right about celebrating all those gold medals our atheltes are bring home. Interesting to note, the femlae have dominated the medal collection, including Lady's Hockey.

Last week, I noticed my White Widow wasn't growing after a transplant. I decided to give it another week, perhaps it will improve on it's own. Since then, I have recalled my decision to use recycled soil. It looked good, but the seedlings are not thriving. The second factor, could have been the decision to use very cold soil with cold water.

Today, I will do a transplant into fresh, warmed soil and hope the White Widow revives.

The seedlings will get a transplant too, they should be outgrowing their 4" planters but they are not.

The good news is, my harvested plants are re-generating nicely. In another month, I will have plenty of cutting to harvest. I will get pictures as I go, it's important to document the failures on the path to success.

Last edited:

Stoner133

Poor little White Widow, it is about a month old but barely past the second node.
Growth has been very slow.

There are some roots down here, but they are pretty sparse. This is recycled soil from last Summer. The root where well rotted when I used it, I suspect that has been responsible for impeding root growth.

I have taken it back to the original root ball, transplanted in fresh new Sunshine #4 and fed with a 12% dilute fertilizer. The seedlings got the same treatment.

supermanlives

Veteran
if your going to recycle soil i reccomend hygrozyme or similar. i think cold temps and water aint helping tho.nice to see ya. havent started my seeds for this year yet .with all the veggies there is no room yet. even blasting 50000 btu with the 0 degree temps and windchill the gh hit a low of 44 brrrr LOL. time to break out some heat mats ,hids and propane backup heater.heres the male i used to make several crosses for this year.its a c99 male. DNH

Last edited:

Captain Skunk

I haven't been using ferts yet on my seedlings but, I did mix my used soil with Schultz pre-ferted potting soil 50/50.

I initially wasn't going to use pre-fert again this year, but it was all that was available at the home improvement store.

I have heard many horror stories about the MG pre-ferted soil but haven't experienced any problems, using it in past grows.

Stoner133

I have recycled in the past, the later part of my 24 grow bag Summer was composed of what I could scrape together. There was no problem, but they were well rooted clones from 8" pots when they went in.

Seedlings are extremely sensitive to acid soil locking out nutes. Mg and Nitrogen are among the first to go.

There is another difference that has occurred to me. The original plants had a lot more ventilation then the TrueAir plants. There is a possibility they are starved for CO2. When the closet is closed, they exhaust what is available and it only gets replenished when I 'check on them'. Humm.... maybe then need a pet.

Nothing showing any signs of distress, I will make a point of venting them frequently too.

I took note of your success with the MG pre-fertilized soil. Nice healthy seedlings, the perfect amount to get them started. It's like they planned it that way. ;)

Diluting to 10% give me 1.5-3-1.5 plus all the trace nutes. Worked really well for the first stage so I am going with my success.