What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoner friendly colleges?

Datruog

I'm going away to college soon, and though academics and other stuff is my priority, I would like to know which of my college choices are the most stoner friendly...
All my school options are in cali

ive been accepted to

San Diego State University (SDSU)
UC Santa Cruz

and expect to be accepted to
UC Irvine
UC santa Barbara

which of these are the best partying/stoner schools?

G

UC Santa Cruz but you gotta have cash housing sucks!! but best time of your life I LOVE SANTACRUZ!!!! OSU/UO OREGON!!! UC santa Barbara is a great overall party schooL!!!! good luck!! im glad to see pot smokers do good in school!~!

You'll probably find the most pot at UC Santa Cruz and UC Santa Barbara. I'm betting UCSC will have better herb (generally), just cause it's in NorCal, and I've found NorCal herb to be better than SoCal. That's not to say SoCal doesn't have some killer bud, too. On princetonreview's top 20 stoner schools(http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/rankings/rankingDetails.asp?CategoryID=3&TopicID=28) UCSC is ranked #9 and UCSB #14. None of the others make the list.

As for parties, UCSB and SDSU are your best bets. UCSB is ranked #4 on princetonreview's top 20 party schools, and I don't think princetonreview includes SDSU.

My personal choice would be either UCSB or UCSC. I actually applied to UCSB this year, and got a regent scholarship, but I doubt I'll end up there.

jahseeds

santa cruz has the bomb, not to mention you can obtain/consume your pot legally with a prop 215 recommendation. northern cali is THE MOST pot friendly place i've EVER been to in the US (and ive been all everywhere, lol)! good luck. hope this helps.

OzzBozz

santa cruz is a very pot friendly city.

not a bad college either, pretty good school actually...

NightFire

Not one of the ones you posted, but WSU and Evergreen in WA state are great, and you won't go broke trying to pay your rent either. You'll also recieve one of the best educations around, Evergreen has a great horticulture program too.

G

ive lived in santa cruz and Eugene and both have gread bud...santa cruz mountains v.s oregon's outdoor....funny Eugene kinda reminds me of santa cruz plenty of bums and pot heads haha

Well, as long as we're listing off stoner colleges, I think Humboldt State in Arcata takes the cake. Where better is there than Humboldt for great herb?

sirharrynuggz

bandan said:
ive lived in santa cruz and Eugene and both have gread bud...santa cruz mountains v.s oregon's outdoor....funny Eugene kinda reminds me of santa cruz plenty of bums and pot heads haha

LOL! I was reading "Demon Box" by Ken Kesey a few years back. And in one part a friend comes in from Detroit or Chicago or something, when Kesey picks him up, the guys first response about the area (Eugene) was "even the homeless people are happy".

fat jesus

i just got a ticket a few weeks ago, but in general uw-madison is a very stoner friendly school. an insane amount of people smoke here. the bud is probably WAY better in cali, but it isn't bad here and in terms of sheer quantities of bud smoked, there a lot of it in the area. plus, its a good party school as well, there's fuckin parties every single night of the week and about 20-30 bars just on our main campus street downtown.

fuckin' cold in the winter here though

P

PermaBuzz

Re UM Ann Arbor
Stoner friendly - yes
Party friendly? no, not really. Its not nearly as much of a party school as most other big ten schools.

S

SeaMaiden

thcglory, I realize that you're basically trying to get your post count up, but this is something like the 6th or 7th BADLY necroposted thread you've pulled up that I've read today. Why not post in the active, relevant threads, instead?