What's new

Stocks???

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

My advice is learn but more improtantly, wait till there is less volitility(sp) jin the market.

Also, the next shoe to drop is going to be credit card companies with toxic debt due to the recession and the mortgage crisis is the catalyst...people payiing their adjustable mortgage with credit cards..the recession hits, jobs are lost, people can no longer pay for their homes and are maxing out their cards...quite an understandable problem I think.

minds_I

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Visa "V" is Not bad under $45.00 I've Heard out there...You can get stocks that pay 5% or more in Yield so the Dividends will increase when the market goes Down.For long term users

Or if you want to make money..use limit orders and read about Some named Wave pattern Riding in the stock market.For short term users.

But you know...its bad out there..credit is tight.And what Would you Do?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Yeah, fixed income is where the smart money went back @ 14,000.

Sadly, I am down about 40% since 10/07.

minds_I

okwildfire

1.) natural gas...2.) wind power...3.) clean coal...4.) gold-silver-plat...5.) impeachment(prez elect)<if ya know a bookie>...all good money maker's...(dont forget about sony..some time's will make ya money..just need to watch it close)...but i say working at micky d's..or weiner hut.. not so good...if your into cash that is..or hell anything..beside's 20% off..

Last edited:

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
volcker came out a few weeks back saying america has to reinvest in its infrastructure which it has let slip over decades (and its true, cf. the bridges collapsing, power grid, roads etc.). who was standing behind obama as one of his economic major domos? betcha thats the new new deal. cant say what stocks are affected by that, tho.

okwildfire

flubnutz said:
volcker came out a few weeks back saying america has to reinvest in its infrastructure which it has let slip over decades (and its true, cf. the bridges collapsing, power grid, roads etc.). who was standing behind obama as one of his economic major domos? betcha thats the new new deal. cant say what stocks are affected by that, tho.
your right man...but im thinking..i might have an answer for that one..but it wont last..this is america..people will wake up sooner or later..invest in your self...that dont sound right...just have to know what i mean i guess?

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
America interest rate is now 1% ...If the Market keeps dropping more,They're willing to go low as .50% so money can get moving again in the banking system and loan to each other.

There is a new trading term "Rally From the Valley"!!

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
okwildfire said:
your right man...but im thinking..i might have an answer for that one..but it wont last..this is america..people will wake up sooner or later..invest in your self...that dont sound right...just have to know what i mean i guess?
i just remember chuckling to myself when bush first got in that i should by rayteon, pratt & whitney, boeing, colt, general atomics, exxon, any of the halliburton/bechtel type stuff available, etc. i woulda probably made a few bucks but wouldnt have felt very good about it.

Last edited:
A

arcticsun

money is for nothing when weed and chicks are free :D

btw i'd buy in azerbaijan, armenia, dagestan, kazakstan, northern iran or eastern turkey. these countries are the future power centers of the world.

Last edited:

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
TNT short term I am with everyone else BEAR on the run.....

right now I am reading a book called The Black Swan. I saw the author on PBS the gist is basically we always think we learn from history, but what really happens are crazy outliers either way past what we thought or way short of what we thought this cuts across all humanity and history.

I still like oil and oil service stocks. there is no doubt there will be another super spike in the price of oil. we love it we can't get enough of it and those companies will continue to profit.

Artic sun I believe you are way to early. You are skipping over China, a country that is bound to dominate that entire region of Asia. All those countries and regions you mentioned will eventually bow under the great Red Thumb.

peace
jip

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Wonder if Snoop made any moola at wallstreetsurvivor ...picked up like $400 today and only 5 trades. Hey..Had a lady here but anyways..

:joint: SourLife

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Wow..what a drop today... it seems little but alot of stocks took a whacking but thats ok...I'm up $15,000 and its just Wednesday!

Of course at that website game. :jump:

bbing

It has been a no brainer to work short stratagies for the last 8 mos or so. Any long position is a gamble against current economic momentum.

All the rookies are getting the headfaked every day looking to swing. :bashhead:

Look at a 30 day chart. Which trading stratagey made the money? If you say no one you have some reading to do. There is like this collective white-washing of the situation much akin to Realtors. Ask any of them when a good time to buy is. They still have not changed their story. Wallstreet is telling a story right now that would give any 8 year old's investment strategy an advantage.

:rant:

heres my list from the other day when I started an up/down.
Some nice shorts for one week with high ATR at the moment

FSLR 11/14/08 -24.78%
QQQQ 11/14/08 -12.88%
ELY 11/14/08 -21.41%
LVS 11/1408 -50.96%
MET 11/14/08 -43.89%
RIG 11/14/08 -25.46%

Pages: 1

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Callaway Golf ( ELY) looked good today ! Been watching it for a week..today was nice day to jump in unless you're holding over the weekend for Obama speech about who's gonna name a person to fix something..lol

QQQQ Kinda Slow in trading Range ya think.I saw a Stock that went $110 to $300....in a month.

Bears eat money.....So do Bulls

:muahaha:

Was Up $20,000 then had to eat....So its $14,740 it is.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BTFD (Buy The Fucking Dip) is all you need to know to trade in this market. Front run the Fed like everyone else and you'll do great. Economic fundamentals are meaningless until the Fed is out.

You are kind of late to the party. The momo bubble just popped and all the momo companies that were trading at ridiculous valuations without ever turning a profit are getting dumped. NFLX, AMZN, Twitter, and the like are DOA.

BFTD, never short while the Fed is pumping and dumping and you did well over the last several years. Fed has been tapering. I expect an untaper coming later on this year. They can never stop printing. Pay attention to Yellen's jawboning of the market in the Fed minutes. Don't play with more than you can afford to lose in a rigged market.

jim-cramer.jpg