What's new

Still using torrents?

p0opstlnksal0t

the big thing too was it was always saying "disconnected" status and wasnt getting good upload speeds at all... never had any problems at any other private trackers...

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the new age has been RS / megaupload / hotfile for a while now

I use to be in the loop of comp stuff for a while and fell out, but I do like to try and keep current ever now and then.. but on the other side I'm trying to wean off technology...

and yeah as the other guy said,, avatar was horrible.. glad I just DL it and didn't pay for that rubbish... also I don't beleive in supporting 3-d , but I'm sure the people seeing it in 3-D are gonna be so dissapointed in the cheesy lines and crappy acting...

if u use Utorrent u can set it up to run through a proxy server so it wont come up as you ip address. Anybody using torrents should use a proxy. shit I dont do anything online without a proxy. http://torrentproxy.org/ is a good place to get working proxy addresses.

P.s. if anybody wants to pm me with a tracker invite I would be grateful. I am really out of the loop these days.

Edit: I thought avatar was a pretty good flick. It was predictable and cliche for sure but the cgi was great. you can tell alot of thought was but into the design of the aliens. IDK maybe I am a sucker for any movie that romanticizes fighting against the cops or military. Live by the sword die by the sword.

GryphN

I use torrents all the time.. I use Peerblock, seems to block LOTS of P2P anti-piracy IP's... I see freaky stuff scrolling down the list all the time of IP's its blocking... Everything from government agencies to private anti-pvp groups... Any idea if this is enough to be safe? Seems to block an aweful lot (something like 850 million IP addresses) ...

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad i'm not the only one who though Avatar was horrible. So boring, terrible script & acting. Same old shitty story rehashed for the thousandth time.

I still think usenet is way better to use than torrents and sites like megaupload, etc.

owcmerc

I have a hard time filtering results in usenet. It seems there is a lot of crap compared to what I'm actually looking for.

NotsoFla

U may get 1gb per sec, but sometimes with p2p sites like rs and Megashares mostly (better), I can get 1-2 gb second with d/l manager

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the info.. I've been using piratebay and demonoid

piratebay is no longer in the hands of those that created it and anymore is a shell of it's former self.

Had it not been for Simon's greed all could have been well for a longtime to come.

KK pm me for a better choice my dear. PB anymore is like playing with fire.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags