What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Sticky Bandit, G13 Widow, Golden Tiger, Skunk #1, Mango Chutney, Royal Gorilla

StickyBandit

This thread is continued from https://www.icmag.com/forum/ic-magaz...bandit-diaries

I'm coming to the end of a few grows and moving on with some new strains so I thought it would be an appropriate time to migrate to the Grow Diaries section

Today I will be chopping some Mango Chutney which has been in darkness for 2 days. It has been moved from a small tent to a larger space just to finish it off and let the buds fatten a wee bit.
Next weekend the last small grow of Wedding Cake will get the chop and that will be the end of harvesting for a while as we go through the hot, dry, humid period here in New Zealand.
It works out well as the grow room gets over 30°c and the plants tend to stretch.

The strains I will be growing this round are listed in the title plus there may be some Golfball https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...train-might-be if my friend can supply me with the clones. We estimate these clones have been kept pure for about 30 years we know of.

The Golden Tiger is half grown and looking at a few more months if it lasts the distance. It's not looking super healthy but a change of tent to give it more space might help it out.

Here is the new crop
9x regular G13 Widow - Green Tag
11x regular Skunk #1 - Orange Tag
2x female Mango Chutney - Blue Tag
1x female Royal Gorilla - Yellow Tag
800x800 tent, Aglex M240
Click image for larger version  Name:	Seedlings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.8 KB ID:	18050612

The Mango Chutney is coming out after I finish this entry. Lights have been off for a couple of days.
Not sure if it's completely ready yet but there are large patches of amber trichomes around the buds as you can see below.
1900x900 room, 2x Spider Farmer SF-2000
Click image for larger version  Name:	MCCloser.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	18050620

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seedlings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.8 KB ID:	18050612

Next week the last of the Wedding Cake will get the chop. It's not the biggest I've grown. The cold of winter seems to give better results but the strength and flavor is very good.
Trichomes are not amber yet but lots of the pistils are brown and the plants look tired.
1200x1200 tent, Aglex M240

I'm not sure the Golden Tiger will make it full term. I have used standard vegetable potting mix and the nutrient mix might not be correct for this strain. I run buckets without holes so I am unable to flush either.
I will try moving the tigers to a bigger enclosure and see if that helps, otherwise I will chop them when I need the space if they look sad.
1000x1000 tent, Aglex M240

Thanks for looking in :wave:

Attachments

• MC2.jpg
    MC2.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 50
  • MC1.jpg
    MC1.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

StickyBandit

Here is an update on the Golden Tigers. They aren't looking the best but the buds are still growing and maturing. We've not had heat like this before and the humidity is crazy
https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...8#post18071558

The grow blocks worked a treat for the G13 Widow regulars, with the green tags
There is one Royal Gorilla female in the center, gold tag
2 Mango Chutney clones from bud, blue tag
3 Golfball clones from the original 30ish year old strain we have kept alive. So could be much older

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220213_142132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	18071578

Not looking so good is the Skunk #1 regulars which took up to 16 days to sprout and then had to be transplanted to these pots because they were drying out too fast in the cups. I will use the grow blocks from now on because they handle moving pots better in their youth

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220213_143548.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	18071579

I recently acquired some more seeds

Barneys Farm Seeds G13 Haze
Regular - 10 seeds

T H Seeds Sage 'n' Sour
Regular - 10 seeds

I'm looking forward to popping these at some future date :)

StickyBandit

Bought some 7 gallon air pots and some organic potting mix and worm castings and bat shit. I will have to change my ways if I want to grow the REAL primo stuff like I see around here on the forums :)
The pre-made potting mixes are just a bit to severe for the less hardy strains so I will have to make a few changes

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220218_181113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	18076576

StickyBandit

Flipped these today to see what sex they are for the seed program
8 x G13 Widow regulars
2 x Skunk #1 regulars
There are more that need to be turned but the growth rates are a bit slow and the jars will need filling again soon 😋
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220220_181619.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	18078372

Going to leave these on the 18hr cycle a bit longer
Blue 2 x Mango Chutney clones
Orange (front) 3 x Golfball (from our 30 yr old clones)
Red 8 x rather pale looking Skunk #1 regulars
Yellow (center tall plant) 1 x Royal Gorilla fem. She will get an air pot soon
I will be switching soils because I think this stuff is too rich. I will be changing to an organic pre-mix from the local grow shop and adding worm poo and fertilizing with bat poo if required :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220220_181753.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	18078373

The Golden Tigers are not looking great but I should get a few buds off it. The current soil is seriously stressing all the plants
It's been fattening up slowly and I think we are at about day 93 of the bud cycle
I know it looks like crap :tongue:
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220220_182306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	18078375

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220220_182516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	18078376

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220220_182558.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	18078377

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220220_182306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	18078375

StickyBandit

Had a reshuffle in the grow room today
I've been using some potting mix that is too rich for some strains, especially sativas and had slow release fertilizer in it so it has given me a few problems.
I have bought some soil from a grow shop and repotted a few plants. It looks pretty good
I added worm castings and have watered with a weak cal-mag mix hoping to get some better results

Chopped the Golden Tiger and hung it in the tool cupboard
Not sure if it will be any good but I will do my best to dry and cure it slowly and properly
20220305_205836.jpg

Have moved 2 x Skunk #1's into the larger space with a Royal Gorilla in the center. Trying the new air pots with some organic medium mixed with worm castings
The first thing I noticed is you can't water too close to the edges or the water drips out the side of the pots :tongue: Gonna need bigger trays
20220305_204159.jpg

4 x G13 Widow in the 1200x1200 tent
20220305_204147.jpg

8 x Skunk #1 at the rear that didn't get a good start in life. I think the soil is bad, too rich for them.
3 x Golfball clones from the original clone line
and 2 x MAngo Chutney at the front. They should come good eventually. They are from bud clones.
20220305_204119.jpg

And in the last tent there are 3 x G13 Widows. 2 x males and 1 x female, hoping to get some good seeds.
20220305_204102.jpg

goingrey

G13 Widows looking super healthy! Are you using the same soil mix for them as the Skunks?

Fitzera

Watch out for nanners on the lowers of the royal Gorilla, I found some on the one I grew.

StickyBandit

G13 Widows looking super healthy! Are you using the same soil mix for them as the Skunks?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same mix but I grew them in plugs so they were easier to transplant from the cups. The roots never took properly on the Skunk #1's so they didn't hold together while transplanting from the cups to the 1L pots. I don't think I will use cups again. Too small and can dry too fast. The Skunk seeds took a long time to pop. Up to 16 days I think it was so they were never very vigorous anyway. I put worm castings on top of them all and tried to water it in and recently watered with a weak cal-mag mix and still waiting for them to recover. I'll try to get some fresh seed from them and start again. I would like to keep the strain.
The 2 x Skunk #1's in the air pots are from the same batch but decided to grow well. Go figure :)
Maybe the G13 Widows like nitrogen rich soil?

StickyBandit

Watch out for nanners on the lowers of the royal Gorilla, I found some on the one I grew.

I will keep an eye on her
I don't tolerate nanners or any sexual instability! Can't afford to with the stress I put my girls under :tongue:
Royal Queen Seeds have been good to me so far and replaced my pack of Cookies Gelato, which hermied, with some Amnesia Mac Ganja.

goingrey

Yeah, it's pretty much the same mix but I grew them in plugs so they were easier to transplant from the cups. The roots never took properly on the Skunk #1's so they didn't hold together while transplanting from the cups to the 1L pots. I don't think I will use cups again. Too small and can dry too fast. The Skunk seeds took a long time to pop. Up to 16 days I think it was so they were never very vigorous anyway. I put worm castings on top of them all and tried to water it in and recently watered with a weak cal-mag mix and still waiting for them to recover. I'll try to get some fresh seed from them and start again. I would like to keep the strain.
The 2 x Skunk #1's in the air pots are from the same batch but decided to grow well. Go figure :)

Yeah seems like the G13 Widow likes a hotter mix then.

With the cups even if it's not surrounded by roots you can get it out in one piece by having it suitably moist. Not too wet, breaks into clumps then. Not too dry either so that it's dust. That said, nothing wrong with the plugs, by all means use them if they work for you.

StickyBandit

Hello again

The Golden Tiger has dried to about 65% now and is actually not a bad smoke, to my surprise. I was sure it was beyond help but a super slow dry in a large container from about 85% has done wonders for it :)
I basically put it in a bucket with a cloth over it and tumbled it daily

The seed production for the Mr Nice Seeds G13 Widow is coming along great. They are very vigorous, healthy plants with a great germination rate
I will be freezing some pollen ready to make some future crosses if the strain turns out to be impressive :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	18097346

Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	18097346 Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	18097346 Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	18097346 Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	18097346 Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	18097347 Click image for larger version  Name:	seeds5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	18097348

I also have 4 other G13 Widows on the 12/12 cycle in the larger space with a Royal Gorilla in the middle
I didn't have time to grow them out too much due to the stocks getting low
They seem to really enjoy my soil and the fertilizer levels in the new mix
Click image for larger version  Name:	main.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	18097349

In the cab tent we have 3x Golfballs which also seem to be enjoying the conditions with the 2x Mango Chutney clones and 2x mystery seeds yet to pop
Click image for larger version  Name:	cabtent.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	18097350

The as yet unidentified Golfball has a zigzagging stem which should help someone identify it for me :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	golfball1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	18097351

Click image for larger version  Name:	golfball2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	18097353 Click image for larger version  Name:	golfball2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	18097353

In case anyone was wondering where the Skunk #1's got to....The Skunk #1 from Dutch Passion Seeds Hermied and had to come out. To their credit they have been very helpful and are sorting out some replacement seeds for me, Thanks Guys :good:

Thanks for lookin' in :wave:

Last edited:

StickyBandit

The main tent is starting to grow a little faster now. The plants have settled in after the re-potting
1 x Royal Gorilla in the middle and 4 x G13 Widows
There have been a couple of little male looking pods on the G13Ws but I think it's just from the extreme heat so I plucked them off and put them in a bucket of water although they didn't look to have any pollen in them
The heat is on the decline here in the southern hemisphere so I think they will be OK if I'm vigilant 'til it cools down a bit
Starting to get some strong smells off the stems of the G13Ws
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220319_173634.jpg Views:	10 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	18102514

The 3 Golfballs, 2 Mango Chutney clones and the 2 new French Macaron seeds
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220319_173634.jpg Views:	10 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	18102514

I pulled the male G13 Widows after milking them for pollen and now I just have the one female, nicely full of seeds :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220319_173754.jpg Views:	10 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	18102515

Last edited:

StickyBandit

It's still fairly hot here so it's a little stressful on the plants

The main room is going well with 4 g13 widows on the outer edges just starting to bulk up. My wife moved the fan out of the seeding room and turned it on in the corridor area so there is a sprinkling of seeds through them all. Luckily only the g13's were budding so the rest should be fine and no mongrels :tongue:
The royal gorilla at the center rear is doing ok and no signs of male pods so not a herm
Front center is the g13 widow seed mother which is quite smelly and new bud growth is coming through
All these plants were turned early as we have run out of ready bud. I still have the golden tiger but would like to cure it as long as pos
Click image for larger version  Name:	main room.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	18114789

Click image for larger version  Name:	g13wseeds.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	18114793

20220401_210416.jpg

3 x golfballs with the big broad leaves are growing vigorously now. Might put them in the main room on the 12/12 cycle soon and move the others to one end. They will bush out hard so it should work out well with the other spindly plants all crowded at one end and the seed plant will come out in a month
I took 4 x golfball clones a week ago and removed the lower growth. Mainly for air flow and I detest trimming all the fluffy lower crap at harvest time :tongue:
The mango chutneys, with the thin leaves, have a way to go yet
Click image for larger version  Name:	main room.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	18114789

There are 12 x regular rocket fuels in the nursery for seed and smoking and the 2 x fem french macarons

Thanks for lookin' in :wave:

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I harvested the pollen from the g13 widow males before ripping them out
I don't know if I will use it but wanted to prove the method
I followed the instructions and heated some rice in the oven for 12 hours plus and jarred it up to cool
The small foil pie tray went in the jar then I put the pollen pods in a large sieve over a bowl and agitated them a bit and then used a spatula to get the pollen out and put it in the foil tray in with the rice where I left it for a week with the lid sealed
I then used the teaspoon handle to move it into the viles, along with a few grains of the dry rice, labelled it and put it in a thermos in the freezer
One of these days I will have to test it out to make sure it works :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220326_193339.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.3 KB ID:	18114812

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220326_193339.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.3 KB ID:	18114812

StickyBandit

Tried a new way of making clones
I purchased some commercial plugs and dipped them in water
Took some cuttings from an older plant, trimmed the ends to a point and stabbed them into the plugs without any treatment
Placed them in an incubator and gave them a water spray every 2 or 3 days for the first week with the vents shut
Day 10 there were roots showing :whee:
Maybe this strain is just easy to clone? Who knows? Will try the same again next time with a different strain :)

clones.jpg

AlinaTymowa

Yeah, it's pretty much the same mix but I grew them in plugs so they were easier to transplant from the cups. The roots never took properly on the Skunk #1's so they didn't hold together while transplanting from the cups to the 1L pots. I don't think I will use cups again. Too small and can dry too fast. The Skunk seeds took a long time to pop. Up to 16 days I think it was so they were never very vigorous anyway. I put worm castings on top of them all and tried to water it in and recently watered with a weak cal-mag mix and still waiting for them to recover. I'll try to get some fresh seed from them and start again. I would like to keep the strain. https://seriale.best/

It is beautiful and amazing. Good luck and congratulations. The beautiful children have grown.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I harvested the pollen from the g13 widow males before ripping them out
I don't know if I will use it but wanted to prove the method
I followed the instructions and heated some rice in the oven for 12 hours plus and jarred it up to cool
The small foil pie tray went in the jar then I put the pollen pods in a large sieve over a bowl and agitated them a bit and then used a spatula to get the pollen out and put it in the foil tray in with the rice where I left it for a week with the lid sealed
I then used the teaspoon handle to move it into the viles, along with a few grains of the dry rice, labelled it and put it in a thermos in the freezer
One of these days I will have to test it out to make sure it works :)

I like to make muiltible packets of the pollen I collect. When I want to use some, I just grab one packet instead of all of it. One time use packets are handy.

Latest posts

Latest posts