What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Steve Jobs RIP

OvergrowingKiwi

tumblr_kzufzeLaaK1qbvujio1_500.jpg

RIP brother Jobs. This bit of the internet is for you.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I haven't read this. And I'm really hesitant to speak any ill of the dead. But I just can't take much more. Do people realize that Apple is only tied with Exon/Mobile as being the biggest companies in America? Jobs was only unique in quickly understanding that taking a little money from everybody is more profitable than taking big money from only some, and circle and protect your stuff at all costs. Say whatever else you want, that stands.

Every living person, including you, does what they can to maximize their earning potential. Why not attack him for breathing air or pooping? What stands is, Steve Jobs, for good or ill, changed the course of human history.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i see that dennis ritchie passed away a few days ago. everyone noted jobs passing, but few outside the field probably noted this. funny how life goes ... his fame outside of computer science is probably minimal, but the outgrowth of his work touches our lives every day, as people who work with unix, c, and all their offspring know. hopefully he got to say "hello world" to a better place :)

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." Isaac Newton

Ritchie was a true giant and has Jobs heel prints square on his shoulders. RIP Mr Ritchie.

L

longearedfriend

I agree h20

he filled the world with garbage but I guess the world wanted garbage

:)

i'm not saying he didn't seem like a cool guy

Latest posts

Latest posts