What's new

Stephen Colbert's ganja Iphone wallpaper

Did anyone notice that when Stephen was showing off his new I phone that at first it had a cannabis leaf on it?

Very interesting.

ampersand

i wonder if he downloaded it or took it himself.

maybe somebody planted the picture so that when he picked up the iphone thats what it showed.

and yes i did notice it right away watching colbert report last night

Huey_Wunder

Funny stuff - he's a potsmoker. gotta be.

He's a comedian, he writes for and does character voices for hip shows like "Harvey Birdman".

He's one of us (IMHO)

hw

Humanure

Huey_Wunder said:
He's a comedian, he writes for and does character voices for hip shows like "Harvey Birdman".

He's one of us (IMHO)

hw

agreed on that..
SC is much more into "things" than he portrays on his show

I made a pic of it ......

stephencolbert.jpg

After that episode of the daily show where stephen colbert vs steve carrol was on and they were talking about medical marijuana i was pretty sure he was for it but now im definate :)

AmishFarmer

I'm not so sure he's a smoker.He is a good salesman and knows who his customers are.He knows that a bunch of stoners watch his show.You never know though.

G

Too funny..... :headbange

I'll be darned if I didn't miss that when the show aired cuz I stepped out back to tend the BBQ for a moment.

Glad someone posted about that!

Bh :wave:

Pixelante

Colbert is most definitely a very big supporter of smoking pot. I am a huge fan of The Daily Show and the CR and he has consistently demonstrated that he knows a LOT about it -- a lot more than a non-using comedian would. He probably references it or makes a joke about how fun it is once a week.

I also heard from a friend of mine who is currently enrolled at Second City in Chicago that Stephen has a legendary reputation as the school's pot smoker extraordinaire before going on to work at The Daily Show.

Anybody see the episode a year or so ago when he did the full-fledged using-a-bong motion (complete with bowl removal to clear it)? :joint:

I have to concur with AmishFarmer. Whether or not he's a smoker, the show goes to great lengths to poke fun at the fact that everyone realizes which demographic is watching comedy central.
I have lots of problems with comedy central. Carlos Mencia and tons of subversive advertising, for one. Macintosh has a stranglehold on 'em.
As far as their support for marijuana goes, it's just affirmation that the system is not setup against us, at all. Comedy Central isn't promoting drug use, they're simply aware of their demographic which includes a heavy base of fellow smokers.
My first experience which solidified my belief that we influence the media (and not the other way around) came when Comedy Central first aired Space Ghost: Coast to Coast in the 90's. Whew...and don't even get me started on what happened when powder puff girls and adult swim began airing. Those programs will act as a historical reflection of how infatuated America was with hard chemical drugs in the late 90's. (Lately, we've fallen in love with pharmaceuticals as our recreational drug of choice behind alcohol and marijuana.)
I love Stephen Colbert. I can't think of anyone else who puts so much thought and energy into the entertainment industry.

Not to mention, the guy has found an excellent way to be an asshole, without being negative about it.

G

Good eyes people, Stephen Colbert, smoker or not, likes to poke fun at us...I think he does it everyonce in awhile, but again i agree, he knows the audience appreciates and supports anything he says about weed.

Pic does look kinda like a topbud from above although, that leaf has some interesting looking leaflets...looks more like a diff design...but is hard to see it incredibly close and clear...