What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

stealth sealed room for own consume

Hi Lost in a SOG, welcome and thanks :tiphat:
Im a total noob, but what I read, Bokashi is anaerobic, and anaerobic reduction produces less Co2 and more CH4 than an aerobic reduction.
I dont know if the thermophilic bacteria are in the air / crap or I need to do some kind of inoculation to start the process.
I want to do something like the video, but in a plastic bin container or an ice chest, and only for veg waste (in the video animal matter is processed)

https://youtu.be/9nhaioag9IM

EM-1 is the inoculant you need to get the specific mix of beneficial microbes. From the initial inoculant, you can expand your supply up to 20 times the initial volume. Tremendous stuff. Bokashi is just one of the ways you can use it. You can use it on animal matter also.

Also, looking at the outdoor bucket you have going I find myself wondering about the internal temperature. I know most beneficial microbes thrive and grow quickly in very warm conditions, but there is a temperature where they would start to die, no? Can't remember what it is for EM-1 / Teraganix from the last time I read the literature. Great project, by the way. And thanks for sharing.

CBDbear

Wow

Wow

Co2 led arduino controlled 17 years ago

View Image

View Image

View Image

Wow I love this kind of things!! you have my utmost respect on the way you manage things over there!! I love this thread!:thank you:

I have really no abilities on programming and stuff like that but I'm trying to figure something out of that!!
I'm a superfan of automation and got myself a Arduino based device to control my ambient settings as air temp and hum plus irrigation.

At the moment I'm trying to figure what would be the best way to control Co2 and air excange using the last slot of the remote controlled socked and hopefully some arduino magic!

I really like the Idea of keeping the air exchange as minimal as possible!!

unnamedmike

Whao! Big or nothing eh NNmike?!
It looks GOOD! I bet I'll steal your project one day...with permission, obviously!
Welcome webkiller :tiphat:
Im gonna share the project when I finish it, so that anyone can replicate it.

I'm watching and taking notes.
Welcome reikox, hope I can show something useful :tiphat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EM-1 is the inoculant you need to get the specific mix of beneficial microbes. From the initial inoculant, you can expand your supply up to 20 times the initial volume. Tremendous stuff. Bokashi is just one of the ways you can use it. You can use it on animal matter also.[/FONT]

Hi prime, welcome :tiphat:

I haven't tried em1 yet, I usually do and use LAB that is part of EM1, but not the same. I also tried Jadam microbial solution and indigenous micro organism (amazing result both)
Also, looking at the outdoor bucket you have going I find myself wondering about the internal temperature. I know most beneficial microbes thrive and grow quickly in very warm conditions, but there is a temperature where they would start to die, no? Can't remember what it is for EM-1 / Teraganix from the last time I read the literature. Great project, by the way. And thanks for sharing.
You are correct, I hope to reach temperatures where mesophilic bacteria, pests and eggs die, giving way to thermophilic bacteria, and thermofilic bacteria will die when they return to normal temperatures.

Wow I love this kind of things!! you have my utmost respect on the way you manage things over there!! I love this thread!
I have really no abilities on programming and stuff like that but I'm trying to figure something out of that!!
I'm a superfan of automation and got myself a Arduino based device to control my ambient settings as air temp and hum plus irrigation.
At the moment I'm trying to figure what would be the best way to control Co2 and air excange using the last slot of the remote controlled socked and hopefully some arduino magic!I really like the Idea of keeping the air exchange as minimal as possible!!

Hi cbdbear, welcome :tiphat:
Its not necessary be a good programmer for these arduino projects, Im using and modifying the sample libraries of each sensor / module that I need.

you can measure co2 ppm with a mhz19 sensor, need 4 pin. And to add co2 you can install a solenoid valve and a co2 tank, or a gas burner in your free socket, i dont now yet if my free co2 project gonna work.

unnamedmike

I dont finished the vermicomposter yet and I already got flying insects. I dont know if hanging yellow traps inside the composter or a mini UV trap lamp. The plastic bin has been covered until yesterday. And yesterday I installed the mosquito net. I need to build the "continuous flow" to improve ventilation and facilitate the harvest of vermicompost, but first vermicomposter is almost finised.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope the vacuum gauges arrive to turn on the minisplit, delivery is scheduled for today, fingers crossed.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for explaining the thermophilic life cycle. Now I understand how useful it could be, especially when you're using animal manure and you have to account for parasite and insect eggs, etc. Eeeeww. I guess you could use EM1 after the thermophiles die, once the temp goes below 43C. If that's out of the thermo's range, EM1 will keep breaking down your material until temps go below 21C.

unnamedmike

Thanks for explaining the thermophilic life cycle. Now I understand how useful it could be, especially when you're using animal manure and you have to account for parasite and insect eggs, etc. Eeeeww. I guess you could use EM1 after the thermophiles die, once the temp goes below 43C. If that's out of the thermo's range, EM1 will keep breaking down your material until temps go below 21C.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your knowledge :tiphat: I know about thermophilic composting for a few weeks, looking for information on killing the bad guys before introducing organic stuff inside the indoor.

unnamedmike

Finally mini split is already working. I don't know if correctly but it doesn't lose gas and it works ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Im old fart but I love 2019 and its technology. The protoboard circuit is a co2 sensor / calendar clock / thermometer / humidity sensor that send data via bluetooth to my cellphone. Pic is ppm of CO2 only.

picture.php

unnamedmike

That sheet may gonna be the new door / floor insulation

picture.php

Temporary bypass
picture.php

old 110v fans

picture.php

co2 generator, first module

picture.php

unnamedmike

No matter how much I plan a project, I always go short of budget. i dont think can finish the grow cabinet in the next few weeks, but blooming room is doing right.
Today arrived 220v thermal magnetic breakers, tomorrow, without beer, I will change my 600w COB setup from 110 to 220v, blessed drivers 110/220 xD
And Monday is supposed to arrive a large part of the pieces that I need to design the new version of the growcontrol.

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

A small step for the man, a great step for my back.

Until today, the flush water and the minisplit condensation were going to 20l bottles and had to go down daily, to reuse in the back garden.

Looking at the disaster where i got some material storage, I found exactly the pieces that i need to let the water flows to the garden, without help from my back.

picture.php

unnamedmike

I had a big problem with flies breeding in the compost and flying all over the room... but its already solved. Buyed two usb Bug zapper, one for the vermicomposter and the other is under the tray. The smaller fruit fly costs them a little to kill, but population is gradually decreasing, almost 0 in 2 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some stuff arrived and I can do some progress in the new GrowControl version. Nothing flashy at the moment, but i want all the sensors / modules working before starting with the graphic "theme"

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Nice it like it and have a few Arduino myself, have not set the stuff up you have yet, but it's nice to see ppl still messing with all that. Been reading about it for some time. It's fun project, cant wait to see where it take ya.

unnamedmike

Nice it like it and have a few Arduino myself, have not set the stuff up you have yet, but it's nice to see ppl still messing with all that. Been reading about it for some time. It's fun project, cant wait to see where it take ya.

Thanks Med-Grower_TOm :tiphat: The development is going slow, basically because I don't decide the final design. The last idea change is I do not want bluetooth communication between arduino devices, my growing space is small, I prefer I2C communication, but Im going to keep bluetooth to be able to communicate with smartphone and pc.
To facilitate my design changes, Im going to install sensors and the other stuff on a breadboard / protoboard and install them in their final place, while i finish the final PCB design.

I also changed my mind about compost and worms to generate Co2 (the room was filled with all kinds of flying bugs pooping in my buds) Now I have 2 bottles of 20l fermenting sugar and the ppm of Co2 are at 600 + -, now the room smell like champagne and marihuana

Iamnumber

I also changed my mind about compost and worms to generate Co2 (the room was filled with all kinds of flying bugs pooping in my buds) Now I have 2 bottles of 20l fermenting sugar and the ppm of Co2 are at 600 + -, now the room smell like champagne and marihuana

Oooh.. I only did preliminary tests on such co2 creation.

I do recommend having a set of few (2? 3?) bottles .. each in different (early, mid, late) phase. This should provide more stable output.

unnamedmike

Oooh.. I only did preliminary tests on such co2 creation.
I do recommend having a set of few (2? 3?) bottles .. each in different (early, mid, late) phase. This should provide more stable output.

Hi Iamnumber, thanks for the advice :tiphat:. I'm waiting to arrive 3 airlock, to know the Co2 production of each bottle, and as you say, each in different (early, mid, late) phase.

picture.php

I need bought more bubble insulation, but while I used some remains to seal the door a little more
picture.php

unnamedmike

Ive added max and min option to the grow controller (All max and min look close because has been on just for a few minutes, I cant turn the screen on 24/7, no off option yet and i dont want to disturb when lights off)
I still waiting for the airlocks, but I used some latex gloves to check when to change the fermenters water / sugar. I surprise how high ppm of CO2 is, and I still need to lower the humidity

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

I keep learning about fermenting and I love it.
The plants are in their fifth week at 12/12 and keep the AC at 23°C, That practically stopped the fermentation and the ppm of CO2 fallen. My solution has been to remove fermenters from blooming room (here its summer, minimum 28ºC) and in a few hours the change has been obvious, from 297 ppm min to 849

im sorry about the antistetic setup, its a prototype, the third one this week, hope final version will be more aesthetic

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php